UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!

Go down 
+9
WildWiley
zeashness
Jd.
natikah
Flippercon
Meredith
KMX
dnphillips08
strikingthematch
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
strikingthematch
Captain
Captain
strikingthematch

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Stingrays, Arowana, Rams, and Angels

Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 11:34 am

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the newest chapter of USA fishbox!

Well we have a fresh start for everyone in the area. I don't want to divert from the main Virginia chapter too much but I think from here we can setup our own local meetings to allow people within the tidewater area to better connect.

I know we have a large group of people with many different taste. It is also a group clearly interested in furthering our abilities as aquarium keepers. This chapter will further allow us to expand on our hobby and share our ideas!

Let me just say now this is very welcome and I hope we can get something going that everyone will enjoy. I look forward to seeing more of everyone and hopefully expanding the chapter as time goes on!

For all the fish freaks in the Tidewater area you have a new home!

Last edited by strikingthematch on 7/7/2011, 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Ben

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 3:40 pm

Im happy to see this chapter start up. Hopefully our 2 chapters can work together and put on a couple big meets a year. Good luck to you all and let us know if we can help in anyway.
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

Favorite Fish: : I dont knows ????

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 3:43 pm

Haha yea I got me some angels but hey I got Chompers and he balanced it all out right ?

Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 3:59 pm

Jd. wrote:
Haha yea I got me some angels but hey I got Chompers and he balanced it all out right ?

Sorry Jd but we dont support or allow the selling of hybrids on USA Fishbox. (your flowerhorn) Sorry for the inconvenience.

Expand the hobby!
usafishbox

Last edited by KMX on 7/7/2011, 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dnphillips08
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
dnphillips08

Favorite Fish: : Discus

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 4:01 pm

Alright! Finally off work, so my work can begin. I am highly motivated to get this chapter up and running, and we will. I'll be there Saturday for sure. If anyone wants to call and talk with me about any ideas for getting the chapter going or just ideas in general, you can pm me and I'll send you my number. I would like to start working some of the basic chapter stuff tonight if anyone has the time, all I have to do is a wc tonight so I'm not very busy. So excited!
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 4:02 pm

dnphillips08 wrote:
Alright! Finally off work, so my work can begin. I am highly motivated to get this chapter up and running, and we will. I'll be there Saturday for sure. If anyone wants to call and talk with me about any ideas for getting the chapter going or just ideas in general, you can pm me and I'll send you my number. I would like to start working some of the basic chapter stuff tonight if anyone has the time, all I have to do is a wc tonight so I'm not very busy. So excited!

If you are still around when I get off I would love to trade ideas with you. We can chat in the Chat room. usafishbox
Back to top Go down
dnphillips08
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
dnphillips08

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 4:03 pm

Sounds great when are you off work?
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 4:04 pm

Like 930-1030pm your time. Depending on business.
Back to top Go down
dnphillips08
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
dnphillips08

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 4:06 pm

I should be up so just pm me when you want to get on the chat.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 4:06 pm

Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 2 772341
Back to top Go down
zeashness
Sergeant
Sergeant
zeashness

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Angels (lovvvee platnium veils!), Diamond Tetras, Rainbows, African Cichlids

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 4:19 pm

Flippercon wrote:
Saturday is just a day that was thrown out there. I am going to meet who ever shows up. I am very interested in meeting others who share the same experiences I have raising fish. Spend time with your family/friends . I am pretty sure this isn't gonna be the last one. The Tidewater Chapter will grow before we know it (6 degrees of seperation). Any ways if you make it ,you make it.

It's my mother, stepfather and two of my youngest siblings coming in. We're taking just the kids to the BBQ later, and they really wanted to see Animal Jungle anyway, so it works out perfectly.
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

Favorite Fish: : Electric Blue Rocio Octofasciata

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 6:11 pm

dnphillips08 wrote:
You've got mail.
Back to top Go down
dnphillips08
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
dnphillips08

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 6:11 pm

So being bored I have been playing with a logo...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
*The name can be Changed it's just what looked best, in my opinion*
What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
zeashness
Sergeant
Sergeant
zeashness

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Angels (lovvvee platnium veils!), Diamond Tetras, Rainbows, African Cichlids

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 6:13 pm

Woah, are you an actual graphic designer or just a hobbyist? That actually looks really good. Very cool.
Back to top Go down
dnphillips08
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
dnphillips08

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 6:16 pm

Eh I was just bored lol! I wouldn't call me a hobbyist even, I just dabble every now and then. Glad you like it! Does the name work?
Back to top Go down
zeashness
Sergeant
Sergeant
zeashness

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 6:18 pm

I approve. Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 2 393849
Back to top Go down
jb1edlover
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
jb1edlover

Favorite Fish: : I have the fish in my avatar but the photo was taken by Nick Andreola of the HCCC. His photography skills are a little better than mine!

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 8:19 pm

First of all we need to get a "REAL" fish on our logo!!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 8:23 pm

Lol I agree. I spoke with Dan earlier and we discussed a few things the logo being one but we want all the opinions before we go with it.
Back to top Go down
dnphillips08
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
dnphillips08

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 8:27 pm

Any recommendations would be much appreciated!
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 8:32 pm

To all tidewater members please try to exchAnge info like email address/phone numbers so we can text or email each other to set up whatever or for just general info. If you would like my info please pm and I will send it. I can be reached anytime if texted or emailed.
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 9:36 pm

In college at the moment for a degree in Graphic Marketing , so let me know if you need help but the previous logo looked pretty solid to be so I may just chill and let you guys get it done but feel free to ask me for anything : )
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 9:41 pm

Jd. wrote:
In college at the moment for a degree in Graphic Marketing , so let me know if you need help but the previous logo looked pretty solid to be so I may just chill and let you guys get it done but feel free to ask me for anything : )
Really I didn't know that. I thought it was just marketing. Good to know maybe you can design different ones. The NFL has alternate jersey so i sure we can talk KMX into letting us have multiples.
Back to top Go down
zeashness
Sergeant
Sergeant
zeashness

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 9:41 pm

Word. I'm a Freelance Artist and going to school for Digital Photography and Media Arts, and I think the logo is fine too. Not too shabby at all for just playing around.
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 9:44 pm

zeashness wrote:
Word. I'm a Freelance Artist and going to school for Digital Photography and Media Arts, and I think the logo is fine too. Not too shabby at all for just playing around.
Sweet. I have been looking into buying a new digital camera for taking photos of my fish , I will have to pick your brain about that.
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 9:47 pm

Alternate logos ehhhh ...... Yes !!!! Finally I can use Megatron for at least a picture since he is a useless breeder .. oh yea forgot you took it upon yourself to rename him Megatrini haha
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 9:49 pm

I'm telling you I think its a female. You never know with ebjds though.
Back to top Go down
dnphillips08
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
dnphillips08

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 9:59 pm

So I have been playing with more ideas since some ppl *cough*flipper*cough*con seems to think it shouldn't just be a discus...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Any input would be awesome! lol I can sit here all day playing though...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next