UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!

Go down 
+9
WildWiley
zeashness
Jd.
natikah
Flippercon
Meredith
KMX
dnphillips08
strikingthematch
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
strikingthematch
Captain
Captain
strikingthematch

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Stingrays, Arowana, Rams, and Angels

Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 4 Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 11:34 am

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the newest chapter of USA fishbox!

Well we have a fresh start for everyone in the area. I don't want to divert from the main Virginia chapter too much but I think from here we can setup our own local meetings to allow people within the tidewater area to better connect.

I know we have a large group of people with many different taste. It is also a group clearly interested in furthering our abilities as aquarium keepers. This chapter will further allow us to expand on our hobby and share our ideas!

Let me just say now this is very welcome and I hope we can get something going that everyone will enjoy. I look forward to seeing more of everyone and hopefully expanding the chapter as time goes on!

For all the fish freaks in the Tidewater area you have a new home!

Last edited by strikingthematch on 7/7/2011, 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
KMX
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 4 Icon_minitime7/8/2011, 2:06 pm

strikingthematch wrote:
Don't really need all that to be honest. It is simply a chapter of USA fishbox. To put it better it is just a group of people that belong to a larger club/organization. We gather when we want and where, the box is our everyday meeting grounds and a way to stay connected. If you started your own organization/club from scratch then you go through the whole setup process. For us right now the primary idea is to find a place to hold meetings and setup time frames for everything. Many of the chapters simply have board member that work out the fine print for meetings in other words they are the people most likely to make it to every meeting and therefore take care of the logistics of the whole thing.

Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 4 858205 It's very simple.

IM in chat
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
dnphillips08
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
dnphillips08

Favorite Fish: : Discus

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 4 Icon_minitime7/8/2011, 2:48 pm

Yay for simple lol!
Back to top Go down
WildWiley
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
WildWiley

Favorite Fish: : clown I do love my nems and inverts

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 4 Icon_minitime7/8/2011, 3:02 pm

simple works
Back to top Go down
jb1edlover
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
jb1edlover

Favorite Fish: : I have the fish in my avatar but the photo was taken by Nick Andreola of the HCCC. His photography skills are a little better than mine!

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 4 Icon_minitime7/9/2011, 8:49 am

alright I'll be there animal jungle at 14:00 or 2pm for you non-military folks! I'll be easy to pick out! I'll be the big guy wearing the wife beater!
JB
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

Favorite Fish: : Electric Blue Rocio Octofasciata

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 4 Icon_minitime7/9/2011, 8:55 am

Yep see u there. I will be easy to pick out too. I have my whole left arm sleeved.
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

Favorite Fish: : I dont knows ????

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 4 Icon_minitime7/9/2011, 9:37 am

I will be there and for those that dont already know me I will be the really cool kid dragging around a lost puppy named Dan haha cheers
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 4 Icon_minitime7/9/2011, 9:41 am

Jd. wrote:
I will be there and for those that dont already know me I will be the really cool kid dragging around a lost puppy named Dan haha cheers

lol!
Back to top Go down
D'Claro
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
D'Claro

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 4 Icon_minitime7/9/2011, 9:59 am

Jeepluv77 might be intersted in meeting up. She is out your way. If she can't make this meet she might be able to make the next one.
:)
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 4 Icon_minitime7/9/2011, 10:01 am

D'Claro wrote:
Jeepluv77 might be intersted in meeting up. She is out your way. If she can't make this meet she might be able to make the next one.
:)
Sounds good. We will keep everything on thr boards so everyone has the info. Hope to see her there.
Back to top Go down
D'Claro
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
D'Claro

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 4 Icon_minitime7/9/2011, 10:21 am

Flippercon wrote:
We will keep everything on thr boards so everyone has the info.
The (Central) Virginia Chapter has some older threads showing how we planned each meeting and what we did at each one. Even the first one - which was a basic meet and greet - took a lot of planning. A diverse group of people showed up.

Good luck with this first one! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I predict that whoever shows up will become the organizing committee for your future meetings and activites. *lol*
Back to top Go down
dnphillips08
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
dnphillips08

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 4 Icon_minitime7/9/2011, 10:41 am

Jd. wrote:

Lost puppy my a$$ but I will definitely be there. Hope that everybody I've talked to about it can get there. Looking forward to seeing everyone.
Back to top Go down
WildWiley
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
WildWiley

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 4 Icon_minitime7/9/2011, 1:23 pm

so when is this?
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

Favorite Fish: : Venustus and Catfish

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 4 Icon_minitime7/9/2011, 1:58 pm

I think it was at 2:00 today.
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 4 Icon_minitime7/9/2011, 2:33 pm

Yep it was at 2 we all just left. Good meeting everyone.
Back to top Go down
WildWiley
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
WildWiley

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 4 Icon_minitime7/9/2011, 2:49 pm

Darn I was there at around 12 didn't know talk were going
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 4 Icon_minitime7/9/2011, 3:01 pm

It was just a meet and greet you didn't miss much . We did take a few pics and discussed fish. It was nice to talk fish with people other then the employees. We did manage to get an employee to take interest and we gave her the web address. So if she ends up signing up we have a good source to network from. There will be another. Don't worry.
Back to top Go down
jb1edlover
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
jb1edlover

Favorite Fish: : I have the fish in my avatar but the photo was taken by Nick Andreola of the HCCC. His photography skills are a little better than mine!

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 4 Icon_minitime7/9/2011, 3:58 pm

definately need to follow up on this... I saw some spark in people today! Id say the sooner the better!
JB
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 4 Icon_minitime7/9/2011, 4:00 pm

I think after meeting everyone at Animal Jungle ive decided to skip out and bail from the group asap ... haha jk jk. Was to meet everyone and hopefully we can meet up again sometime soon : )

Was kinda discussed a spot to meet and, I am more than happy to offer my house for this cause and there is plenty of room.
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 4 Icon_minitime7/9/2011, 4:19 pm

Jd. wrote:
I think after meeting everyone at Animal Jungle ive decided to skip out and bail from the group asap ... haha jk jk. Was to meet everyone and hopefully we can meet up again sometime soon : )

Was kinda discussed a spot to meet and, I am more than happy to offer my house for this cause and there is plenty of room.
Definitely jd. We can try to schedule something but like discussed at aj too soon might end up making people lose interest. There has to be an attention grabber. The meetings can't be all boring and the lame like any college lecture. Let's throw some ideas out there and see if we can get some more interest and schedule a meet. Like JB said he has a garage full of tanks that really strikes my interest just because I have seen all of jds tanks. Don't get me wrong I like your tanks but something new would be nice. We will see what the rest say and go from there.
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 4 Icon_minitime7/9/2011, 4:25 pm

Hahaha I know I need more tanks I am working on it , I will building some stands and putting a ton of tanks threw out the garage : )

FYI everyone pass me some fish I need more haha
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 4 Icon_minitime7/9/2011, 4:27 pm

Got a new batch of krib fry from an albino pair. You want a few? Oh and that 29 stand if you want it.
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 4 Icon_minitime7/9/2011, 4:38 pm

Yea ill take the fry I am thinking of taking a few of your jewels too since I will need fish , ill trade your jewels for some flowerhorn pellets hahah

And as for the stand I am good since im building a ton of stands to fill my garage up.
Back to top Go down
dnphillips08
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
dnphillips08

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 4 Icon_minitime7/9/2011, 4:41 pm

Great to get out and meet everyone! Next meeting will definitely be in a better spot and will give people more time to work it into their calendar. If anybody has any ideas for stuff voice them! I will be working on my project tonight and suggestions would be helpful.
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 4 Icon_minitime7/9/2011, 4:50 pm

Well I have 6 or seven left so you better be quick about It. They are disappearing one a day.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 4 Icon_minitime7/9/2011, 7:46 pm

Flippercon wrote:
It was just a meet and greet you didn't miss much . We did take a few pics and discussed fish.

Post the pics! usafishbox
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 4 Icon_minitime7/9/2011, 7:47 pm

We have them uploaded just waiting to see if jd is posting or if I should.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next