UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!

Go down 
+9
WildWiley
zeashness
Jd.
natikah
Flippercon
Meredith
KMX
dnphillips08
strikingthematch
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
strikingthematch
Captain
Captain
strikingthematch

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Stingrays, Arowana, Rams, and Angels

Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  Empty
PostSubject: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 11:34 am

Welcome to the newest chapter of USA fishbox!

Well we have a fresh start for everyone in the area. I don't want to divert from the main Virginia chapter too much but I think from here we can setup our own local meetings to allow people within the tidewater area to better connect.

I know we have a large group of people with many different taste. It is also a group clearly interested in furthering our abilities as aquarium keepers. This chapter will further allow us to expand on our hobby and share our ideas!

Let me just say now this is very welcome and I hope we can get something going that everyone will enjoy. I look forward to seeing more of everyone and hopefully expanding the chapter as time goes on!

For all the fish freaks in the Tidewater area you have a new home!

Last edited by strikingthematch on 7/7/2011, 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dnphillips08
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
dnphillips08

Favorite Fish: : Discus

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 11:40 am

Our first get together/meeting will be at Animal Jungle in Virginia Beach at 1400 on Saturday July 09. I look forward to meeting everyone, we can discuss setting up the chapter and getting it all put together.
Back to top Go down
strikingthematch
Captain
Captain
strikingthematch

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 11:43 am

Hopefully I will be able to still make it. I have family coming in that morning but otherwise should be able to make it. If not then I hope everyone has fun!
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 11:47 am

Wait, I think we need to hold off on a meet and get a littlte more organized 1st.
Back to top Go down
strikingthematch
Captain
Captain
strikingthematch

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 11:55 am

I'd call this a gathering rather then a meeting. Just getting a bit of face time with a few people. Animal Jungle is far from formal setting so it won't be much of a meeting.
Back to top Go down
dnphillips08
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
dnphillips08

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 11:56 am

Well I was thinking a small meet and greet it's much faster to discuss things person. As far as I know it is going to be less than 5 people. So I suppose it's not a real meeting or anything. If you think it's a bad idea we can call it off I guess.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 12:07 pm

yeah short meet n greet, We can set something up for August . Give us time to recruit and organize more.

If you all ever want to discuss something we do have a chat room....oh and telephones lol! usafishbox Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  772341
Back to top Go down
Meredith
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Meredith

Favorite Fish: : As far as fresh water goes, it's Bettas!
For marine fish; Firefish, Cardinalfish, Gobies, Dragonets, and Sharks...

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 12:08 pm

Cool! Congrats on your new chapter!! Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  393849
Back to top Go down
dnphillips08
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
dnphillips08

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 12:19 pm

Do you have resources for organizing KMX?
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

Favorite Fish: : Electric Blue Rocio Octofasciata

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 12:23 pm

KMX wrote:
yeah short meet n greet, We can set something up for August . Give us time to recruit and organize more.

If you all ever want to discuss something we do have a chat room....oh and telephones lol! usafishbox Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  772341

I don't have internet at the moment but I can be contacted through email or phone. PM me for info if anyone needs it

I have a few people myself I need to recruit but like said just a short meet. Glad this ball is rolling!
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 12:43 pm

You are on a smart phone?
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 12:45 pm

Yep my evo does all the forums. I have over a few thosand post on diffrent fish forums all from this phone. I even moderate one of the ones my buddy and I had started a while ago. Didn't turn out to well. Oh well all is good I found the box.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 12:54 pm

what site was the one that did not work out? And why did it not?
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 1:02 pm

Well we had a fellow ebjd breeder from New Jersey that asked us if we were interested in starting one and we agreed but no one was motivated enough to network and actually contribute to the site. The founder stop showing up and he had control of the whole thing. Actually havent spoke to him in months, hopefully he is ok. I am highly motivated but when it seems like I am the only one with real interest I look elsewhere. This is why I am here. I do spend a lot of time on cichlid forum. I can send you the link if you would like to the so called site we had but it is mainly my postings and a few other members that gave up.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 1:09 pm

No I was just curiouse. All sounds good to me and I hear ya on the motivation thing. usafishbox
Back to top Go down
natikah
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
natikah

Favorite Fish: : fish, fish, fish

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 1:23 pm

Good luck to you!
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

Favorite Fish: : I dont knows ????

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 2:39 pm

Flippercon wrote:
I don't have internet at the moment but I can be contacted through email or phone. PM me for info if anyone needs it

I have a few people myself I need to recruit but like said just a short meet. Glad this ball is rolling!

I guess I was one of those recruits eh ?
And yea the ebjd site dying sucked but hey I still check it 3 times ad day haha all well guess I just cant let go.
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 2:42 pm

Same here but there isn't much going on. Not enough people. There are a bunch here and they are a lot more friendlier then the ones off the other forums. As for the recruit thing ..... You are a fish freak! There is now around that.
Back to top Go down
zeashness
Sergeant
Sergeant
zeashness

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Angels (lovvvee platnium veils!), Diamond Tetras, Rainbows, African Cichlids

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 2:49 pm

Sweet. Striking just told me that we now have our own board. Very exciting! I know we've talked to a few people the past month (I think you were one of them Flipper?) that would definitely be interested in future meetings in the area, so this is great.

Like striking said, we're having family coming in Saturday, and we also have BBQ later on, but we should be able to greet at Animal Jungle for a bit.

I mentioned this at the Virginia meetups, but if Striking is ok with it, we might be able to have future meetings here at our house. An actual fish store would be preferable and it seemed to work well for the Virginia meetups. But if in the meantime we can't have a place that'll sponsor us, there is room here. For now though, lets see if we can't get those who have professed interest into signing up and then worry about legit meetings later on.

Back to top Go down
zeashness
Sergeant
Sergeant
zeashness

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Angels (lovvvee platnium veils!), Diamond Tetras, Rainbows, African Cichlids

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 2:51 pm

Oh hey JD! Didn't see you there. I actually kept meaning to get back to you about the Angels. We've just been really busy with getting our house ready for family.
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 2:59 pm

Saturday is just a day that was thrown out there. I am going to meet who ever shows up. I am very interested in meeting others who share the same experiences I have raising fish. Spend time with your family/friends . I am pretty sure this isn't gonna be the last one. The Tidewater Chapter will grow before we know it (6 degrees of seperation). Any ways if you make it ,you make it.
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

Favorite Fish: : I dont knows ????

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 3:11 pm

Yea my angels are just sitting here I havent really put much effort into getting them to breed they are in the tank with my Long Fin eb rams and they breed like crazy , sadly there extremely hard to bring up.I will let you know Hopefully I can make it so let me know if you want me to bring any fish with me and as far as the plat. angels go let me know how many you want and what you would like to do to get your hands on them , and yes punching flippercon in the face is a currency I accept. hehe jk jk
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 3:17 pm

Jd. wrote:
Yea my angels are just sitting here I havent really put much effort into getting them to breed they are in the tank with my Long Fin eb rams and they breed like crazy , sadly there extremely hard to bring up.I will let you know Hopefully I can make it so let me know if you want me to bring any fish with me and as far as the plat. angels go let me know how many you want and what you would like to do to get your hands on them , and yes punching flippercon in the face is a currency I accept. hehe jk jk
All this from a guy who has platties and angels. Lmao
There is nothing wrong with any of those fish.
Back to top Go down
WildWiley
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
WildWiley

Favorite Fish: : clown I do love my nems and inverts

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 3:34 pm

thats awwsome keep me posted for meetings and such ill be there if i can
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

Favorite Fish: : Venustus and Catfish

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 3:40 pm

Im happy to see this chapter start up. Hopefully our 2 chapters can work together and put on a couple big meets a year. Good luck to you all and let us know if we can help in anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next