UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!

Go down 
+9
WildWiley
zeashness
Jd.
natikah
Flippercon
Meredith
KMX
dnphillips08
strikingthematch
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
strikingthematch
Captain
Captain
strikingthematch

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Stingrays, Arowana, Rams, and Angels

Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 3 Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 11:34 am

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the newest chapter of USA fishbox!

Well we have a fresh start for everyone in the area. I don't want to divert from the main Virginia chapter too much but I think from here we can setup our own local meetings to allow people within the tidewater area to better connect.

I know we have a large group of people with many different taste. It is also a group clearly interested in furthering our abilities as aquarium keepers. This chapter will further allow us to expand on our hobby and share our ideas!

Let me just say now this is very welcome and I hope we can get something going that everyone will enjoy. I look forward to seeing more of everyone and hopefully expanding the chapter as time goes on!

For all the fish freaks in the Tidewater area you have a new home!

Last edited by strikingthematch on 7/7/2011, 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
dnphillips08
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 3 Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 9:59 pm

So I have been playing with more ideas since some ppl *cough*flipper*cough*con seems to think it shouldn't just be a discus...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Any input would be awesome! lol I can sit here all day playing though...
Back to top Go down
zeashness
Sergeant
Sergeant
zeashness

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Angels (lovvvee platnium veils!), Diamond Tetras, Rainbows, African Cichlids

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 3 Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 10:03 pm

Flippercon wrote:
zeashness wrote:
Word. I'm a Freelance Artist and going to school for Digital Photography and Media Arts, and I think the logo is fine too. Not too shabby at all for just playing around.
Sweet. I have been looking into buying a new digital camera for taking photos of my fish , I will have to pick your brain about that.

Anything that lets you have control over your shutter speed and iso should be fine (most DSLRs). Having the flash on will take decent pictures regardless of how fast your fish are moving. But if you want true to life (color wise) pictures, gotta have a fast shutter. Unless you have fish that barely move. :P

I personally use a Nikon D60 currently. Still learning how to use the dang thing though. I originally took the program just so I could learn how to take decent product photos, and hopefully learn to use Illustrator on a professional level.

With flash:

Without Flash:

Last edited by zeashness on 7/7/2011, 10:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
zeashness
Sergeant
Sergeant
zeashness

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Angels (lovvvee platnium veils!), Diamond Tetras, Rainbows, African Cichlids

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 3 Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 10:03 pm

ooooo, I like the tetra one!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

Favorite Fish: : Electric Blue Rocio Octofasciata

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 3 Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 10:04 pm

Hey I like discus. Just thought we could put a bunch of different ones up there you know from salt to fresh to old world to new world. Get em all in there without crowding the design.
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 3 Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 10:05 pm

zeashness wrote:
ooooo, I like the tetra one!!!!!
See what I mean......
Back to top Go down
dnphillips08
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
dnphillips08

Favorite Fish: : Discus

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 3 Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 10:07 pm

I'm a minimalist at heart, so it's difficult for me to want to put more than one image with it. Wait I have an idea.... it may be a few minutes
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

Favorite Fish: : I dont knows ????

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 3 Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 10:12 pm

What flippercon is trying to say is it has to have a electric blue jack dempsey in it haha. I do like all your designs tho very nice :)
Back to top Go down
dnphillips08
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
dnphillips08

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 3 Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 10:24 pm

Thank you they're all pretty much the same really lol but my new idea I was going to do isn't working at the present I'll do it later or I'll do it tomorrow probably tomorrow since I have work early
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 3 Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 10:29 pm

Jd. wrote:
What flippercon is trying to say is it has to have a electric blue jack dempsey in it haha. I do like all your designs tho very nice :)
It doesn't have to be an ebjd. Just a jd would work. Lol I don't care if a jd is on there or not. Having an all around logo would draw in the new . Think about it. If you are shopping for something you look at promo/display shelfs. Then you go in and explore the rest. First impressions do set in. By the way all the logos posted are great, I would have drawn some skeleton fish and called it a day.
Back to top Go down
dnphillips08
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
dnphillips08

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 3 Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 10:54 pm

I was also going to try one with custom letters just TAL but my free copy of Photoshop is done for lol so I can't make anymore until I find another good copy
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 3 Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 10:56 pm

ohh ohhh me me I can def help with that I will send a pm. : )
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 3 Icon_minitime7/8/2011, 10:17 am

I worked late sorry about that , did not get around to chatting.
Back to top Go down
dnphillips08
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
dnphillips08

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 3 Icon_minitime7/8/2011, 10:23 am

It's all good we can do it another time. I've been reading the faas website and I think I'm getting up to speed. I would still like to talk and figure stuff out with you and fishbox
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 3 Icon_minitime7/8/2011, 10:26 am

Same here. My internet should be back on by next Wednesday night so I will be in the chat to discuss a few ideas that had come up.

Last edited by Flippercon on 7/8/2011, 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 3 Icon_minitime7/8/2011, 10:29 am

dnphillips08 wrote:
It's all good we can do it another time. I've been reading the faas website and I think I'm getting up to speed. I would still like to talk and figure stuff out with you and fishbox

We can chat whenever. Im free until 1pm
Back to top Go down
dnphillips08
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
dnphillips08

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 3 Icon_minitime7/8/2011, 10:32 am

Well i have work for a while today so maybe this weekend?
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 3 Icon_minitime7/8/2011, 10:43 am

I guess Dan is going to be heading to my house today "not sure if the plan has changed" but as far as i know they have not and anyone that would like to come over feel free I know flippercon knows the way very well and strinkingthematch has been here as well ... so im not a serial killer hahah
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 3 Icon_minitime7/8/2011, 10:50 am

Works for me/ usafishbox
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 3 Icon_minitime7/8/2011, 11:00 am

Oh I guess I should have said pm me for my number or my address , you can ask flippercon as well im sure he would be glad to give you the info fishing
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 3 Icon_minitime7/8/2011, 12:39 pm

Jd. wrote:
I guess Dan is going to be heading to my house today "not sure if the plan has changed" but as far as i know they have not and anyone that would like to come over feel free I know flippercon knows the way very well and strinkingthematch has been here as well ... so im not a serial killer hahah
I have no idea what this guy is talking about. I would bring my.45 just incase..... lol! Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 3 690297
Back to top Go down
dnphillips08
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
dnphillips08

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 3 Icon_minitime7/8/2011, 1:21 pm

I'm pretty sure we can get a decently sized group together, I have posted on other forums about starting a club and I have already found a few interested people. I'll be meeting with JD today and if anyone else cares to join your more than welcome. I am going to try and get some of the more admin things figured out tonight.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 3 Icon_minitime7/8/2011, 1:28 pm

Admin things for what?
Back to top Go down
dnphillips08
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
dnphillips08

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 3 Icon_minitime7/8/2011, 1:32 pm

Well based off reading the faas.info website there are lots of things you have to have a constitution and a bunch of other crazy stuff. I'm no longer at work, so if anyone cares to chat I'm available.
Back to top Go down
strikingthematch
Captain
Captain
strikingthematch

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Stingrays, Arowana, Rams, and Angels

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 3 Icon_minitime7/8/2011, 1:46 pm

Don't really need all that to be honest. It is simply a chapter of USA fishbox. To put it better it is just a group of people that belong to a larger club/organization. We gather when we want and where, the box is our everyday meeting grounds and a way to stay connected. If you started your own organization/club from scratch then you go through the whole setup process. For us right now the primary idea is to find a place to hold meetings and setup time frames for everything. Many of the chapters simply have board member that work out the fine print for meetings in other words they are the people most likely to make it to every meeting and therefore take care of the logistics of the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 3 Icon_minitime7/8/2011, 1:56 pm

This I agree with , but shouldn't there be a back up just in case someone gets deployed or hospitalized etc... Kinda like a vp to the pres. I'm just happy there is a thought of a local club and actual interest on the area. I mean we have the Chesapeake bay in our back yard. I was surprised to find out there wasn't one. I know there is a lot of military here so the constant change of people is a factor but I know there are long time locals who should of took it upon them selves to start something. Maybe the hobby is just exploding out here. I do have a few ideas about improvement but that can be brought up at a later time.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 3 Icon_minitime7/8/2011, 2:06 pm

strikingthematch wrote:
Don't really need all that to be honest. It is simply a chapter of USA fishbox. To put it better it is just a group of people that belong to a larger club/organization. We gather when we want and where, the box is our everyday meeting grounds and a way to stay connected. If you started your own organization/club from scratch then you go through the whole setup process. For us right now the primary idea is to find a place to hold meetings and setup time frames for everything. Many of the chapters simply have board member that work out the fine print for meetings in other words they are the people most likely to make it to every meeting and therefore take care of the logistics of the whole thing.

Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 3 858205 It's very simple.

IM in chat
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!    Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!  - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the Tidewater Chapter of Virginia!
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next