UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

USAfishbox Virginia Chapter

Go down 
+15
VAredtexas
TankGirl
williemcd
CajunGator
D'Claro
ClarkeExotics
destined2reign@live.com
jb1edlover
smoothsailor
steves_kiki
08can-am
Jeepluv77
discuskent
Elrollo
KMX
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

USAfishbox Virginia Chapter Empty
PostSubject: USAfishbox Virginia Chapter   USAfishbox Virginia Chapter Icon_minitime9/8/2010, 2:38 pm

If you are interested in getting a USAfishbox chapter started in the state of Virginia please let us know. This will consist of your own sub forum on here, meetings/get togethers, speakers and maybe in the future annual auctions. We would need a conductor in the area to make things happen. I could also help from a far with free b's and sponsors in such. Please respond if interested. Thanks!
usafishbox usafishbox usafishbox
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: USAfishbox Virginia Chapter   USAfishbox Virginia Chapter Icon_minitime10/20/2010, 10:40 am

PM sent to Kory yes I'm interested in setting it up.
Back to top Go down
Elrollo
Major
Major
Elrollo

Favorite Fish: : Blue Acaras...first fish I ever breed still have a soft spot for them

PostSubject: Re: USAfishbox Virginia Chapter   USAfishbox Virginia Chapter Icon_minitime10/20/2010, 11:45 am

I vote Fishvixen for head of Va chapter :) sounds interesting
Back to top Go down
discuskent
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
discuskent

Favorite Fish: : discus arowana cichlids

PostSubject: Re: USAfishbox Virginia Chapter   USAfishbox Virginia Chapter Icon_minitime10/20/2010, 7:59 pm

me tooo
Back to top Go down
Jeepluv77
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Jeepluv77

Favorite Fish: : Species I've kept: Freshwater- Dwarf puffers and clown loaches. Saltwater- Volitans and Snowflake Moray

Species I'd love to keep one day- Freshwater- Rays. Saltwater- Bamboo/Cat Sharks

PostSubject: Re: USAfishbox Virginia Chapter   USAfishbox Virginia Chapter Icon_minitime10/21/2010, 12:02 am

Me, three! :)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: USAfishbox Virginia Chapter   USAfishbox Virginia Chapter Icon_minitime10/21/2010, 10:51 am

I've received permission to do CL ads in Va so I will be on that later today. Any suggestions an which cities to hit hardest would help.
Back to top Go down
Elrollo
Major
Major
Elrollo

Favorite Fish: : Blue Acaras...first fish I ever breed still have a soft spot for them

PostSubject: Re: USAfishbox Virginia Chapter   USAfishbox Virginia Chapter Icon_minitime10/21/2010, 1:19 pm

Norfolk, Richmond are probably the best
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: USAfishbox Virginia Chapter   USAfishbox Virginia Chapter Icon_minitime10/21/2010, 1:29 pm

just posted to CL in Norfolk and Richmond
Back to top Go down
08can-am
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3

Favorite Fish: : Any thing reef friendl

PostSubject: Re: USAfishbox Virginia Chapter   USAfishbox Virginia Chapter Icon_minitime10/21/2010, 7:03 pm

Im new on here as of 5 minutes ago, but if you are going to post on craigslist I would also post on Fredericksburg and Northern Va( Washington).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: USAfishbox Virginia Chapter   USAfishbox Virginia Chapter Icon_minitime10/21/2010, 10:07 pm

thanks for the heads up
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: USAfishbox Virginia Chapter   USAfishbox Virginia Chapter Icon_minitime10/21/2010, 10:37 pm

WOW we're growing quickly!
Back to top Go down
steves_kiki
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
steves_kiki

Favorite Fish: : I love them all and snails!

PostSubject: Re: USAfishbox Virginia Chapter   USAfishbox Virginia Chapter Icon_minitime10/21/2010, 10:55 pm

I joined because I thought a meet up in richmond would be cool. I saw the ad on cl.

Kin
Back to top Go down
Elrollo
Major
Major
Elrollo

PostSubject: Re: USAfishbox Virginia Chapter   USAfishbox Virginia Chapter Icon_minitime10/21/2010, 11:37 pm

Yeah thats how i came to join usa fish box as well ad in CL. We have a reef/saltwater club here in norfolk but nothing for FW fans. Hopefully we get a few(200-300 would be nice) people and can start a nice Va. club. I am will to drive to richmond every couple months for a meet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: USAfishbox Virginia Chapter   USAfishbox Virginia Chapter Icon_minitime10/22/2010, 1:16 am

Cool we need to set a time to meet and a place to meet then post it.Elrpllp and I are going to the ECC (East Coast Cichlid) auction on Nov. 7th in NJ. So we're starting to meet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: USAfishbox Virginia Chapter   USAfishbox Virginia Chapter Icon_minitime10/24/2010, 8:47 am

Hey all Va folks out there. Posted to 7 different Va CL cities/areas last night If we see new members from Va grab em up so we can build our Va chapter. I would like to have a meet and greet sometime in Nov but with the holidays coming I need to know peoples availability to come to Richmond for the meeting. If the beginning of the year is better let me know. It will probably be at my home on the south side of Richmond. Question what about a holiday party meet and greet with a swap auction. (if you bring an item it goes on a table and we choose from the items.)
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: USAfishbox Virginia Chapter   USAfishbox Virginia Chapter Icon_minitime10/24/2010, 8:50 am

Just build up the crew and after all the holidays pass then we can go for a meet. Maybe like late January.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: USAfishbox Virginia Chapter   USAfishbox Virginia Chapter Icon_minitime10/24/2010, 8:53 am

Okay sounds good Kory. Your the Boss Man. lol!
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: USAfishbox Virginia Chapter   USAfishbox Virginia Chapter Icon_minitime10/24/2010, 8:36 pm

Send me a list of what CL you have done so I do not do the same. I will do some tommorow. usafishbox And maybe we can come up with a neat flyer to hand out. usafishbox

You are in charge of the Chapter so you have to take charge USAfishbox Virginia Chapter 690297 I am here to assist. USAfishbox Virginia Chapter 772341
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: USAfishbox Virginia Chapter   USAfishbox Virginia Chapter Icon_minitime10/24/2010, 9:52 pm

So far Richmond, Norfolk, Fredericksburg, Southwest Va, Charlottesville, Keep getting flagged in No Va (WDC} and Roanoake. But I don't give up easily. lol!
Back to top Go down
smoothsailor
Private
Private
smoothsailor

PostSubject: Count me in   USAfishbox Virginia Chapter Icon_minitime10/25/2010, 10:30 am

Hello,
I live in Palmyra, VA. It is near Charlottesville, VA. I am interested in joining the group. I have a 65 gallon freshwater planted tank.
Thanks,
Cary
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: USAfishbox Virginia Chapter   USAfishbox Virginia Chapter Icon_minitime10/25/2010, 10:34 am

Hey Cary welcome to Pirates
Back to top Go down
Elrollo
Major
Major
Elrollo

PostSubject: Re: USAfishbox Virginia Chapter   USAfishbox Virginia Chapter Icon_minitime10/25/2010, 1:21 pm

Welcome aboard....looks like we will have the virginia chapter going strong very soon...good work vixen
Back to top Go down
08can-am
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3

Favorite Fish: : Any thing reef friendl

PostSubject: Re: USAfishbox Virginia Chapter   USAfishbox Virginia Chapter Icon_minitime10/26/2010, 10:46 am

I'd be intersted also in gettin together sometime. I'm about 40 minutes from poehite pkwy so not much further to your home.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: USAfishbox Virginia Chapter   USAfishbox Virginia Chapter Icon_minitime10/26/2010, 11:25 am

Yes I'm not that far.
Back to top Go down
jb1edlover
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
jb1edlover

Favorite Fish: : I have the fish in my avatar but the photo was taken by Nick Andreola of the HCCC. His photography skills are a little better than mine!

PostSubject: Re: USAfishbox Virginia Chapter   USAfishbox Virginia Chapter Icon_minitime11/14/2010, 9:57 am

FishVixen and others... New to this forum but very familar with Fishbox.com I know those guys from my affiliations with the Hill Country Cichlid Club. I'm in the Hampton/Norfolk area. I have 50+ tanks and keep a few different types of Africans and a few Central/N. American Cichlids. I have a nice colony of wild caught TX Cichlids. I know they are wild because I caught them myself! I have mostly Victorian cichlids but I do have a few Mbuna and a couple of peacocks from Malawi. I'm doing some research but if there is a meeting in Richmond I'm about an hour away and I'd love to drive up and meet with you guys! Nice to find some fish keepers around here. Not much club action down this way, the stores see fish clubs as competition. Anyway I hope to chat with you guys/gals soon.
JB
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: USAfishbox Virginia Chapter   USAfishbox Virginia Chapter Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next