UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

USAfishbox Virginia Chapter

Go down 
+15
VAredtexas
TankGirl
williemcd
CajunGator
D'Claro
ClarkeExotics
destined2reign@live.com
jb1edlover
smoothsailor
steves_kiki
08can-am
Jeepluv77
discuskent
Elrollo
KMX
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

USAfishbox Virginia Chapter - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: USAfishbox Virginia Chapter   USAfishbox Virginia Chapter - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/8/2010, 2:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

If you are interested in getting a USAfishbox chapter started in the state of Virginia please let us know. This will consist of your own sub forum on here, meetings/get togethers, speakers and maybe in the future annual auctions. We would need a conductor in the area to make things happen. I could also help from a far with free b's and sponsors in such. Please respond if interested. Thanks!
usafishbox usafishbox usafishbox
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
jb1edlover
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2

PostSubject: Re: USAfishbox Virginia Chapter   USAfishbox Virginia Chapter - Page 2 Icon_minitime11/14/2010, 9:57 am

FishVixen and others... New to this forum but very familar with Fishbox.com I know those guys from my affiliations with the Hill Country Cichlid Club. I'm in the Hampton/Norfolk area. I have 50+ tanks and keep a few different types of Africans and a few Central/N. American Cichlids. I have a nice colony of wild caught TX Cichlids. I know they are wild because I caught them myself! I have mostly Victorian cichlids but I do have a few Mbuna and a couple of peacocks from Malawi. I'm doing some research but if there is a meeting in Richmond I'm about an hour away and I'd love to drive up and meet with you guys! Nice to find some fish keepers around here. Not much club action down this way, the stores see fish clubs as competition. Anyway I hope to chat with you guys/gals soon.
JB
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: USAfishbox Virginia Chapter   USAfishbox Virginia Chapter - Page 2 Icon_minitime11/14/2010, 10:21 am

jb1edlover wrote:
FishVixen and others... New to this forum but very familar with Fishbox.com I know those guys from my affiliations with the Hill Country Cichlid Club. I'm in the Hampton/Norfolk area. I have 50+ tanks and keep a few different types of Africans and a few Central/N. American Cichlids. I have a nice colony of wild caught TX Cichlids. I know they are wild because I caught them myself! I have mostly Victorian cichlids but I do have a few Mbuna and a couple of peacocks from Malawi. I'm doing some research but if there is a meeting in Richmond I'm about an hour away and I'd love to drive up and meet with you guys! Nice to find some fish keepers around here. Not much club action down this way, the stores see fish clubs as competition. Anyway I hope to chat with you guys/gals soon.
JB

Glad to see you here brother. USAfishbox Virginia Chapter - Page 2 772341

Only if those fish stores knew what was good for them lol!

welcome2
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: USAfishbox Virginia Chapter   USAfishbox Virginia Chapter - Page 2 Icon_minitime11/14/2010, 11:45 am

JB you hit the nail on the head. Only 1 store I like in Richmond but do not get to it very often.
Back to top Go down
destined2reign@live.com
Private
Private
destined2reign@live.com

Favorite Fish: : Julidochromis Transcriptus

PostSubject: Re: USAfishbox Virginia Chapter   USAfishbox Virginia Chapter - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/20/2011, 7:01 pm

How do I join, I found this link on craigslist and would love info on joining! I've been into fish for many years and just started the tanks up again after my last move, I'll be here for many years so I'm so happy to get everything going.
Back to top Go down
ClarkeExotics
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: USAfishbox Virginia Chapter   USAfishbox Virginia Chapter - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/20/2011, 7:29 pm

FishVixen wrote:
JB you hit the nail on the head. Only 1 store I like in Richmond but do not get to it very often.

Which store is that?
Back to top Go down
D'Claro
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
D'Claro

PostSubject: Re: USAfishbox Virginia Chapter   USAfishbox Virginia Chapter - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/20/2011, 7:32 pm

Destined2,welcome

Now, go to this topic:

https://usafishbox.forumotion.com/t5493-va-chapter-meeting-january-9th-2pm

... and read how we got together for our first meeting. As you can see from the photos and all the talk, it was a lot of fun and a huge success!

We're looking forward to the next meeting, scheduled for March 6. We'll start a new thread for that meeting soon.

Keep your eyes on the USA Local chapters: Virginia Chapter forum.

fish
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: USAfishbox Virginia Chapter   USAfishbox Virginia Chapter - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/20/2011, 8:27 pm

destined2reign@live.com wrote:
How do I join, I found this link on craigslist and would love info on joining! I've been into fish for many years and just started the tanks up again after my last move, I'll be here for many years so I'm so happy to get everything going.

D'Claro wrote:
Destined2,USAfishbox Virginia Chapter - Page 2 41986

Now, go to this topic:

https://usafishbox.forumotion.com/t5493-va-chapter-meeting-january-9th-2pm

... and read how we got together for our first meeting. As you can see from the photos and all the talk, it was a lot of fun and a huge success!

We're looking forward to the next meeting, scheduled for March 6. We'll start a new thread for that meeting soon.

Keep your eyes on the USA Local chapters: Virginia Chapter forum.

USAfishbox Virginia Chapter - Page 2 240563

USAfishbox Virginia Chapter - Page 2 67702 USAfishbox Virginia Chapter - Page 2 858205 USAfishbox Virginia Chapter - Page 2 565291
Back to top Go down
destined2reign@live.com
Private
Private
destined2reign@live.com

Favorite Fish: : Julidochromis Transcriptus

PostSubject: Re: USAfishbox Virginia Chapter   USAfishbox Virginia Chapter - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/20/2011, 8:30 pm

Sounds great! I'm looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: USAfishbox Virginia Chapter   USAfishbox Virginia Chapter - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/20/2011, 8:38 pm

USAfishbox Virginia Chapter - Page 2 Julido10

PS I love the Julies!

Here is a pic of the species I keep. My fav.

Julidochromis marlieri Magara
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: USAfishbox Virginia Chapter   USAfishbox Virginia Chapter - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/20/2011, 8:50 pm

If you can tolerate the owner I like Azalea Aquatics.
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: USAfishbox Virginia Chapter   USAfishbox Virginia Chapter - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/20/2011, 8:52 pm

kory that juli kinda looks like mine.... lol hahahah
Back to top Go down
steves_kiki
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
steves_kiki

Favorite Fish: : I love them all and snails!

PostSubject: Re: USAfishbox Virginia Chapter   USAfishbox Virginia Chapter - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/20/2011, 10:24 pm

I went to azalea aquarium 2x this week! I bought some different endlers for a different tank! And they have some full black guppies on hold for me until they grow their tails! Woohoo! Plus they are down the street! :)
Back to top Go down
D'Claro
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
D'Claro

PostSubject: Re: USAfishbox Virginia Chapter   USAfishbox Virginia Chapter - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/24/2011, 7:27 pm

Vixen wrote:
If you can tolerate the owner I like Azalea Aquatics.

lol! He takes a bit of tolerating, all right, but I was warned about him. So, before I even set foot in his shop for the first time, I knew what to expect!

However, he's got the goods.

Earlier in the month he had Parotocinclus species, Boraras brigittae (chili rasbora), Dario dario and Celestial Pearl Danios. Pricey on the Danios, but they looked good.

Went again yesterday with a friend who's also a member here. For the first time ever in an LFS I saw woodcats, namely Centromochlus (Tatia) perugiae. I couldn't believe my eyes, I've never seen them for sale here.

Wanted them desperately but do not have the right set-up right now ... had to pass. cry Who knows when I'll see them again?
Back to top Go down
steves_kiki
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
steves_kiki

PostSubject: Re: USAfishbox Virginia Chapter   USAfishbox Virginia Chapter - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/24/2011, 8:18 pm

I saw the chili rasboras and saw a gold nugget pleco! I wanted that sucker sooo bad!
Back to top Go down
williemcd
Major
Major
williemcd

Favorite Fish: : Angels and hopefully soon Discus

PostSubject: Newbie in southwest Richmond.   USAfishbox Virginia Chapter - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/4/2011, 1:57 pm

I've been out of the hobby for 30 years and just dipping my toes in it. In the past I probably went wilder than most. Started with the std. 10 gal setup, then the 20 long.. followed by the mandatory 29 gal set up... eventually ending up with over 50 tanks. Lotsa 10 gal for breeders and rearing fresh food. Had the big dempsy tanks, tetra tanks, Africans, community tanks and even made 1/2 dozen efforts to rear Discus. (a very expensive failure, time after time). Also used nothing but real plants in my tanks. Covered every type of fish except guppies... toyed with the idea of fancy tails but left the hobby before I got started. I ran a commercial air pump throughout my house to supply every tank it's air supply. I sold every thing for about 10 cents on a dollar. Now looking to find someone that is getting out of the hobby for "my jump-start" back into it once again. Looking to start out with maybe a 20L / 29 gal set-up... Single stand. Raising a tetra tank.. with a small school of angels thrown in. Maybe the 20L hosting the African Chiclids... Any thoughts from the rest of you? Bill in Richmond. (saw the post on CL).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: USAfishbox Virginia Chapter   USAfishbox Virginia Chapter - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/4/2011, 2:34 pm

Hey William, Welcome to the Box. If you want angel I would suggest the 29. In richmond it seems 29's are easier to find than 20's on CL.
Back to top Go down
TankGirl
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
TankGirl

Favorite Fish: : Lake Tanganyikan cichlids

PostSubject: Re: USAfishbox Virginia Chapter   USAfishbox Virginia Chapter - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/4/2011, 6:18 pm

Welcome, Bill! I've gotten so many great deals in Richmond on Craig's List - you'll find just the right setup at some point. I am now at the point where I will NOT even visit Craig's List because of the risk of more tanks, since I'm maxed out right now!

Hope to see you at the next Chapter meeting!
Back to top Go down
williemcd
Major
Major
williemcd

PostSubject: Re: USAfishbox Virginia Chapter   USAfishbox Virginia Chapter - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/4/2011, 6:35 pm

My "first" real set-up was a 29 below a 20L... A pair of Dempsey's (Ozzie and Harriet) were in the 29, and the 20L was holding about 8 or so newly introduced Lake Tanjenkkia (spelling).... too lazy right now to look it up.. this would be back in the early 70's. (yea.... an old fart here).. Bill
Back to top Go down
williemcd
Major
Major
williemcd

PostSubject: Re: USAfishbox Virginia Chapter   USAfishbox Virginia Chapter - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/4/2011, 6:36 pm

So when and where is the next chapter meeting? the orig thread on it was 22 pages long!!
Back to top Go down
steves_kiki
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
steves_kiki

PostSubject: Re: USAfishbox Virginia Chapter   USAfishbox Virginia Chapter - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/4/2011, 7:37 pm

Its in March at cichlid solutions! I hope you can make it!
Back to top Go down
VAredtexas
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: USAfishbox Virginia Chapter   USAfishbox Virginia Chapter - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/8/2011, 8:54 pm

Hello Everyone,
I'm new to the site as well but definitely a fish freak. I've been keeping fish for over 20 years. Have had just about everything. Mainly freshwater. Now I keep mostly cichlids wth some silver dollars, catfish and plecos mixed in. I've got SA, African cichlids and Hybrids such as red texas, parrot fish and flowerhorns. I'm looking to trade and sell. Any one have any hybrids for sale? Any one interested in buying or trading for Flowerhorns(cross of Thai Silk and Red Parrot)?
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: USAfishbox Virginia Chapter   USAfishbox Virginia Chapter - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/8/2011, 10:44 pm

VAredtexas wrote:
Hello Everyone,
I'm new to the site as well but definitely a fish freak. I've been keeping fish for over 20 years. Have had just about everything. Mainly freshwater. Now I keep mostly cichlids wth some silver dollars, catfish and plecos mixed in. I've got SA, African cichlids and Hybrids such as red texas, parrot fish and flowerhorns. I'm looking to trade and sell. Any one have any hybrids for sale? Any one interested in buying or trading for Flowerhorns(cross of Thai Silk and Red Parrot)?

hi welcome
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: USAfishbox Virginia Chapter   USAfishbox Virginia Chapter - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/9/2011, 12:57 am

Hey VAredtexas, Welcome to the Box. I haven't seen anyone in Richmond area into them but actually I think I will eventually end up with one.
Back to top Go down
steves_kiki
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
steves_kiki

PostSubject: Re: USAfishbox Virginia Chapter   USAfishbox Virginia Chapter - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/9/2011, 1:04 am

Welcome! I plan on getting into cichlids a bit. My husband wants peacocks...I'm glad someone has silver dollars! I had some years ago and plan on getting some in the near future!
Back to top Go down
T.Andre
Private
Private
T.Andre

Favorite Fish: : Any non Agressive for now

PostSubject: Re: USAfishbox Virginia Chapter   USAfishbox Virginia Chapter - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/10/2011, 1:54 pm

I wanna be in
Back to top Go down
steves_kiki
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
steves_kiki

PostSubject: Re: USAfishbox Virginia Chapter   USAfishbox Virginia Chapter - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/10/2011, 8:30 pm

Well, come on! Our next meeting is March 6th!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: USAfishbox Virginia Chapter   USAfishbox Virginia Chapter - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next