UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

USAfishbox Virginia Chapter

Go down 
+15
VAredtexas
TankGirl
williemcd
CajunGator
D'Claro
ClarkeExotics
destined2reign@live.com
jb1edlover
smoothsailor
steves_kiki
08can-am
Jeepluv77
discuskent
Elrollo
KMX
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

USAfishbox Virginia Chapter - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: USAfishbox Virginia Chapter   USAfishbox Virginia Chapter - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/8/2010, 2:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

If you are interested in getting a USAfishbox chapter started in the state of Virginia please let us know. This will consist of your own sub forum on here, meetings/get togethers, speakers and maybe in the future annual auctions. We would need a conductor in the area to make things happen. I could also help from a far with free b's and sponsors in such. Please respond if interested. Thanks!
usafishbox usafishbox usafishbox
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
steves_kiki
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: USAfishbox Virginia Chapter   USAfishbox Virginia Chapter - Page 3 Icon_minitime2/10/2011, 8:30 pm

Well, come on! Our next meeting is March 6th!
Back to top Go down
williemcd
Major
Major
williemcd

Favorite Fish: : Angels and hopefully soon Discus

PostSubject: Re: USAfishbox Virginia Chapter   USAfishbox Virginia Chapter - Page 3 Icon_minitime2/10/2011, 8:36 pm

Since this will be my first meeting.. I plan on bringing some extra folding chairs for donating ...(if you or someone is able to store them between meetings!) Haven't got anything for the auction.. But .. will this be a swap meet, strictly for the auction, or educational exchange? Do you have a formalized or draft agenda? Bill in Brandermill
Back to top Go down
steves_kiki
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
steves_kiki

Favorite Fish: : I love them all and snails!

PostSubject: Re: USAfishbox Virginia Chapter   USAfishbox Virginia Chapter - Page 3 Icon_minitime2/10/2011, 8:43 pm

I know it will be a meet and greet with the officers... I don't know if it is another trade auction or a sale auction. Hopefully someone else chimes in!
Back to top Go down
D'Claro
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
D'Claro

PostSubject: Re: USAfishbox Virginia Chapter   USAfishbox Virginia Chapter - Page 3 Icon_minitime2/10/2011, 10:42 pm

welcome2 All you Virginia folks planning to attend the March 6 meeting at Cichlid Solutions on Dickens Place in Richmond! Read on!
Kin wrote:
I know it will be a meet and greet with the officers... I don't know if it is another trade auction or a sale auction.

There will definitely be a meet and greet with the officers. Since we're a new club, we'll talk some about what direction we'd like to see the club go in, and also about what activities we'd like to see the club do. Come to the meeting with ideas!

There will be a basic agenda of topics for discussion, which is already prepared. All members will be invited to comment on or add topics for discussion. Most organized fish clubs out there have a club charter or a mission statement, so we'll probably want to develop one of our own.

FishVixen, the chapter leader, is accepting pm's or replies on the thread for donations to the mini fish-equipment auction. Here's what she wrote on the other thread:
FishVixen wrote:
Donations for a mini fish-equipment auction needed for March meeting. 15% of sale will go to the Va Chapter. Seller gets the rest. Please list what you have for the auction here. Also if your looking for something post it here.

Here's the thread under USA Local Chapters:
https://usafishbox.forumotion.com/t6270-va-chapter-march-6th-meeting

The mini-auction is a great way to pass on some things you don't use anymore. Your fishkeeping buddies appreciate your donations and it's a great way to raise money for the club!

Extra folding chairs for the meeting will be very welcome, Bill, so please bring them and we'll figure out where to keep them between meetings.

I don't know if we're going to include livestock (fish, inverts, plants) in the mini auction at this meeting. Anyone know? I hope we do!

fish
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: USAfishbox Virginia Chapter   USAfishbox Virginia Chapter - Page 3 Icon_minitime2/10/2011, 10:59 pm

I'll find out Mark if we can bring in live stock as it is a LFS.
Back to top Go down
williemcd
Major
Major
williemcd

PostSubject: Re: USAfishbox Virginia Chapter   USAfishbox Virginia Chapter - Page 3 Icon_minitime2/11/2011, 12:00 am

Deleted.. not my place.
Back to top Go down
CichlidChris
Private First Class
Private First Class
CichlidChris

Favorite Fish: : African, Central, and South American Cichlids

PostSubject: Re: USAfishbox Virginia Chapter   USAfishbox Virginia Chapter - Page 3 Icon_minitime4/3/2011, 10:34 pm

I am just over the state line in Tennessee...located in the tri-cities and I found out bout the site from posts on CL....could be in Va in 2 minutes walking from my front door. Lots of info here and glad I joined
Back to top Go down
williemcd
Major
Major
williemcd

PostSubject: Re: USAfishbox Virginia Chapter   USAfishbox Virginia Chapter - Page 3 Icon_minitime4/3/2011, 10:41 pm

Welcome to the box!
welcome2
Back to top Go down
CichlidChris
Private First Class
Private First Class
CichlidChris

PostSubject: Re: USAfishbox Virginia Chapter   USAfishbox Virginia Chapter - Page 3 Icon_minitime4/3/2011, 10:43 pm

Thanks for the welcome Bill
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: USAfishbox Virginia Chapter   USAfishbox Virginia Chapter - Page 3 Icon_minitime4/3/2011, 11:14 pm

CichlidChris wrote:
I am just over the state line in Tennessee...located in the tri-cities and I found out bout the site from posts on CL....could be in Va in 2 minutes walking from my front door. Lots of info here and glad I joined

welcome2
Back to top Go down
CichlidChris
Private First Class
Private First Class
CichlidChris

PostSubject: Re: USAfishbox Virginia Chapter   USAfishbox Virginia Chapter - Page 3 Icon_minitime4/3/2011, 11:21 pm

hi Thanks for the welcome KMX USAfishbox Virginia Chapter - Page 3 772341
Back to top Go down
steves_kiki
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
steves_kiki

Favorite Fish: : I love them all and snails!

PostSubject: Re: USAfishbox Virginia Chapter   USAfishbox Virginia Chapter - Page 3 Icon_minitime4/4/2011, 12:56 am

Welcome! I love your avatar!
Back to top Go down
CichlidChris
Private First Class
Private First Class
CichlidChris

PostSubject: Re: USAfishbox Virginia Chapter   USAfishbox Virginia Chapter - Page 3 Icon_minitime4/4/2011, 1:04 am

I love her as well...lol sorry I had too Thanks for the welcome
Back to top Go down
strikingthematch
Captain
Captain
strikingthematch

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Stingrays, Arowana, Rams, and Angels

PostSubject: Re: USAfishbox Virginia Chapter   USAfishbox Virginia Chapter - Page 3 Icon_minitime4/4/2011, 7:28 am

Welcome to the box and the VA chapter! You have found one great place for info and some food fish freak friends.
Back to top Go down
James0816
Captain
Captain
James0816

Favorite Fish: : Stingrays
Otocinclus Catfish
Kuhli Loaches

PostSubject: Re: USAfishbox Virginia Chapter   USAfishbox Virginia Chapter - Page 3 Icon_minitime4/4/2011, 8:10 am

strikingthematch wrote:
You have found one great place for info and some food fish freak friends.

That's it....you're cut off. lol!
Back to top Go down
strikingthematch
Captain
Captain
strikingthematch

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Stingrays, Arowana, Rams, and Angels

PostSubject: Re: USAfishbox Virginia Chapter   USAfishbox Virginia Chapter - Page 3 Icon_minitime4/4/2011, 9:03 am

Ahhh you got me!! That should say GOOD fish freak friends! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: USAfishbox Virginia Chapter   USAfishbox Virginia Chapter - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3