UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Fred the flowerhorn

Go down 
+19
alan j t
CSnyder00
BFinley
fishhomie
iron
joey
alkomist
ricardorocks
Raschael
Holey Rock of Texas
Rachael0805
hydrodmg
KMX
fabfish
CajunGator
JACK D
R2 Ranch
SLAYERR34
philuponthepho
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Fred the flowerhorn - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Fred the flowerhorn   Fred the flowerhorn - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/15/2009, 2:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

I managed to get a few good pics of Fred today and thought I would share them
Fred the flowerhorn - Page 2 DSCN1520Fred the flowerhorn - Page 2 DSCN1522Fred the flowerhorn - Page 2 DSCN1502Fred the flowerhorn - Page 2 DSCN1506Fred the flowerhorn - Page 2 DSCN1525
I was holding the bloodworms with my fingers to get him still enough to get a decent pic of him. He only nipped me once and was quite careful of my fingers after that.

Can any one tell me if Fred is a boy or a girl?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Fred the flowerhorn   Fred the flowerhorn - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/4/2010, 2:37 pm

Some pics I took today
Fred the flowerhorn - Page 2 DSCN1601Fred the flowerhorn - Page 2 DSCN1602
He/she likes to sit in the pot and look down at Martha, their tanks are stacked.
I was told they were red dragons......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fred the flowerhorn   Fred the flowerhorn - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/22/2010, 9:16 am

Here are a few more pics I took the other day. He/she was being extra still due to a water change... I also took a close up of the sex organs.... I don't want to put him/her through the ordeal of netting and flipping to take pis of the vent if I don't have to.
Fred the flowerhorn - Page 2 DSCN1970Fred the flowerhorn - Page 2 DSCN1971Fred the flowerhorn - Page 2 DSCN1969Fred the flowerhorn - Page 2 DSCN1972
Male female? Whats your guess?
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: Fred the flowerhorn   Fred the flowerhorn - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/22/2010, 9:33 am

he looks great fern
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fred the flowerhorn   Fred the flowerhorn - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/22/2010, 9:35 am

His colors are usually more brilliant, he is 'hiding' and a little faded because of the water change. But he was still enough for me to take decent pics so I did!
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

PostSubject: Re: Fred the flowerhorn   Fred the flowerhorn - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/22/2010, 9:38 am

yeah my fish do that as well. my fish have learned that if someone that they do not recognize enters the room that they should turn their color off. this way they do not get rehomed lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fred the flowerhorn   Fred the flowerhorn - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/22/2010, 9:41 am

lol! Ya Fred knows who moma is! he will hide if anyone else comes up to his tank and he wont eat food anyone else puts in the tank.
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

PostSubject: Re: Fred the flowerhorn   Fred the flowerhorn - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/22/2010, 9:42 am

yeah i hear you on that but i have so many fish in the tank that there is not way they will resist food lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fred the flowerhorn   Fred the flowerhorn - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/22/2010, 10:51 am

To anyone around New Braunsfel Tx. I saw a nice Teas Red Star Flowerhorn. Light color. 6"plus. Its at Darbys Tropical. No picture. No camera with me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fred the flowerhorn   Fred the flowerhorn - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/22/2010, 11:39 am

every time i see a flowerhorn, i want one just a little bit more
Back to top Go down
Raschael
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Raschael

PostSubject: Re: Fred the flowerhorn   Fred the flowerhorn - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/22/2010, 11:53 am

Its so pretty! :)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fred the flowerhorn   Fred the flowerhorn - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/22/2010, 5:38 pm

Here he is as a little guy
Fred the flowerhorn - Page 2 DSCN0903Fred the flowerhorn - Page 2 DSCN0891Fred the flowerhorn - Page 2 DSCN0894
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fred the flowerhorn   Fred the flowerhorn - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/22/2010, 11:38 pm

is this a new flowerhorn?
Back to top Go down
ricardorocks
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
ricardorocks

Favorite Fish: : halfmoon bettas and any nice looking cichlids

PostSubject: Re: Fred the flowerhorn   Fred the flowerhorn - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/23/2010, 12:15 am

fred looks very nice now he didnt look like much but now hes awesome
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fred the flowerhorn   Fred the flowerhorn - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/23/2010, 6:51 am

Tim, that's Fred when he was just a wee pup. Just thought I would share what he looked like when I got him so if yall ever want to buy one you have an idea of what to look for on the small ones.
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

Favorite Fish: :

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: Fred the flowerhorn   Fred the flowerhorn - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/23/2010, 9:24 am

Thy come out really nice lookin!!!
wats their MAX size?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fred the flowerhorn   Fred the flowerhorn - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/23/2010, 9:42 am

I've heard of them reaching 16" before, and they need their own tank, they will kill everything you try to put with them.
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: Fred the flowerhorn   Fred the flowerhorn - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/23/2010, 10:14 am

so its more of a Loner fish?
it needs to be by itself?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fred the flowerhorn   Fred the flowerhorn - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/23/2010, 12:04 pm

Yup, I don't dare put anything with him, he even eats the snails.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fred the flowerhorn   Fred the flowerhorn - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/23/2010, 12:18 pm

i picked up a little flowerhorn last night they are beautiful little fish
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fred the flowerhorn   Fred the flowerhorn - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/23/2010, 12:22 pm

I hope you have a 90-110g tank for it....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fred the flowerhorn   Fred the flowerhorn - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/23/2010, 12:27 pm

i will soon. hes about 1.5 to 2" right now

Last edited by tim on 2/23/2010, 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fred the flowerhorn   Fred the flowerhorn - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/23/2010, 12:29 pm

Feed him floating pellet, 2-4 times a day he will grow fast.
Back to top Go down
ricardorocks
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
ricardorocks

PostSubject: Re: Fred the flowerhorn   Fred the flowerhorn - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/23/2010, 1:04 pm

tim wrote:
i picked up a little flowerhorn last night they are beautiful little fish
dam tim you have alot of fish now good job your a lucky guy lol! Fred the flowerhorn - Page 2 265353 enjoy all your fish man
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fred the flowerhorn   Fred the flowerhorn - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/23/2010, 1:09 pm

yea my stock is slowing growing, flowerhorn is definitaly NOT going in my 55. hes a mean sob lol
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: Fred the flowerhorn   Fred the flowerhorn - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/23/2010, 1:29 pm

lol how can a mean a$$ fish have such a nice name??

FlowerHorn???........
Back to top Go down
ricardorocks
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
ricardorocks

PostSubject: Re: Fred the flowerhorn   Fred the flowerhorn - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/23/2010, 1:41 pm

alkomist wrote:
lol how can a mean a$$ fish have such a nice name??

FlowerHorn???........
haha Fred the flowerhorn - Page 2 858205 good
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fred the flowerhorn   Fred the flowerhorn - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fred the flowerhorn
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next