UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLog inRegisterFAQ
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

my new flowerhorn

Go down 
AuthorMessage

my new flowerhorn Empty
PostSubject: my new flowerhorn   my new flowerhorn Icon_minitime2/23/2010, 1:31 pm

i picked this guy up last night, hes got some battle scars on his head but other then that he looks good. hopefully he/she colors up good

my new flowerhorn Flower10
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

Favorite Fish: :

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

my new flowerhorn Empty
PostSubject: Re: my new flowerhorn   my new flowerhorn Icon_minitime2/23/2010, 1:36 pm

my new flowerhorn 565291 Looks pretty kool!! i like his kolorz!!
nice pick up tim!
Back to top Go down

my new flowerhorn Empty
PostSubject: Re: my new flowerhorn   my new flowerhorn Icon_minitime2/23/2010, 1:38 pm

thanks, he has alot more color then what is shown in the pic. hes a mean mother fer lol
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

my new flowerhorn Empty
PostSubject: Re: my new flowerhorn   my new flowerhorn Icon_minitime2/23/2010, 1:39 pm

thats wat iv heard bout flower horns!!!!
u gotta keep em alone!! not sure if that applys with urs!! beeing that hes only bout 1.5in..........does he nip at ur convicts?
Back to top Go down

my new flowerhorn Empty
PostSubject: Re: my new flowerhorn   my new flowerhorn Icon_minitime2/23/2010, 1:42 pm

i had to take my little convicts out of the 10 for now. i wish he could be with other fish and get along
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

my new flowerhorn Empty
PostSubject: Re: my new flowerhorn   my new flowerhorn Icon_minitime2/23/2010, 1:44 pm

lame!! wat are they in now??
that FH is gonna grow out of that 10g pretty soon
Back to top Go down

my new flowerhorn Empty
PostSubject: Re: my new flowerhorn   my new flowerhorn Icon_minitime2/23/2010, 2:12 pm

i put them in my 55 for now, they are gonna go to the lfs next time i go. yea hes gonna grow out of the 10 real soon lol
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

my new flowerhorn Empty
PostSubject: Re: my new flowerhorn   my new flowerhorn Icon_minitime2/23/2010, 2:18 pm

u gettin rid of em??
how big are they?
Back to top Go down

my new flowerhorn Empty
PostSubject: Re: my new flowerhorn   my new flowerhorn Icon_minitime2/23/2010, 2:34 pm

He is going to have some very very nice coloring when he grows up, not much of a flowerline though. The flowerline is the line of spots along their body, the fuller the flowerline the more they are worth for breeding. But his colors are 5x what Freds were at that age, he will be stunning!
You need to work with him so hes your pal not just a mean mofo in a tank. Get your hand in that tank every day and get him used to you. Hand feed him at least 3 times a week, use blood worms for the hand feeding. Any meaty frozen food will do. Just make it so that eating from your hand is a treat for him.
These guys can take chunks out of you when they get big, if you work with them they will only nip you once then figure out that your not food. DO NOT jerk back when you do get bit just keep your hand in there.
Back to top Go down

my new flowerhorn Empty
PostSubject: Re: my new flowerhorn   my new flowerhorn Icon_minitime2/23/2010, 2:40 pm

alkomist wrote:
u gettin rid of em??
how big are they?

yea im gonna get rid of the small ones, there about an inch male and female.

fern can a male and female be kept together?
Back to top Go down

my new flowerhorn Empty
PostSubject: Re: my new flowerhorn   my new flowerhorn Icon_minitime2/23/2010, 2:44 pm

does any one have success of keeping other fish with these guys?
Back to top Go down

my new flowerhorn Empty
PostSubject: Re: my new flowerhorn   my new flowerhorn Icon_minitime2/23/2010, 2:45 pm

Some people have manage to keep a pair together. Fabfish is the one to ask on how that is managed.
I plan on breeding Fred through a divider.......
Back to top Go down

my new flowerhorn Empty
PostSubject: Re: my new flowerhorn   my new flowerhorn Icon_minitime2/23/2010, 2:45 pm

I've had a red jewel last a week in with Martha before she killed it.....
Back to top Go down

my new flowerhorn Empty
PostSubject: Re: my new flowerhorn   my new flowerhorn Icon_minitime2/23/2010, 3:25 pm

lol so there preety much loners....
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

my new flowerhorn Empty
PostSubject: Re: my new flowerhorn   my new flowerhorn Icon_minitime2/23/2010, 3:29 pm

yup....thats wat i said to her on her post bout fred.....her other FH
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

my new flowerhorn Empty
PostSubject: Re: my new flowerhorn   my new flowerhorn Icon_minitime2/23/2010, 4:23 pm

Yep, Tim... they are pretty much a by yourself fishy....

**********USAfishbox.com*************

my new flowerhorn LSU_CajunGator
my new flowerhorn CMSIG
Back to top Go down

my new flowerhorn Empty
PostSubject: Re: my new flowerhorn   my new flowerhorn Icon_minitime2/23/2010, 4:40 pm

rgr that
Back to top Go down
fabfish
Sergeant
Sergeant
fabfish

Favorite Fish: : my favorite fish are my 15 inck king kamfa breeding pair of flowerhorn

my new flowerhorn Empty
PostSubject: Re: my new flowerhorn   my new flowerhorn Icon_minitime2/23/2010, 7:35 pm

tim ,awsome ..there r haters out there that totally hate fh..... they can be put in tanks with fish bigger than them .... if ya put 3-4 more in there ya might get a pair .... once there bigger about 3=4 inchers there hard to keep nice to each other ,,, a 40 gal will be good for a couple years ...
research ... grand sumo , food for knot head growth

my new flowerhorn Knothe10

this is my single male who is mean @$$ hell ...
grand sumo food increased his knot 3x more once i used it
i have babys that im already feeding and there 1 inchers
Back to top Go down

my new flowerhorn Empty
PostSubject: Re: my new flowerhorn   my new flowerhorn Icon_minitime2/23/2010, 10:17 pm

that doesnt look healthy lol how much bigger do the fish have to be?
Back to top Go down
philuponthepho
Captain
Captain
philuponthepho

Favorite Fish: : Anything I can afford (which is $0)

my new flowerhorn Empty
PostSubject: Re: my new flowerhorn   my new flowerhorn Icon_minitime2/24/2010, 12:03 am

fabfish wrote:
tim ,awsome ..there r haters out there that totally hate fh..... they can be put in tanks with fish bigger than them .... if ya put 3-4 more in there ya might get a pair .... once there bigger about 3=4 inchers there hard to keep nice to each other ,,, a 40 gal will be good for a couple years ...
research ... grand sumo , food for knot head growth

my new flowerhorn Knothe10

this is my single male who is mean @$$ hell ...
grand sumo food increased his knot 3x more once i used it
i have babys that im already feeding and there 1 inchers

I've heard alot of good things with Grand Sumo. Expensive for some pellets but totally worth it for good coloration. I had a 5g sample of it and I used it on my parrots and they grew a good 1/4 inch and had good color. Now they are back to normal
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

my new flowerhorn Empty
PostSubject: Re: my new flowerhorn   my new flowerhorn Icon_minitime2/24/2010, 8:38 am

so they went back to normal after u stopped feedin them the grand sumo??
Back to top Go down
doctor horn
Private
Private

my new flowerhorn Empty
PostSubject: Re: my new flowerhorn   my new flowerhorn Icon_minitime3/8/2011, 5:57 pm

that fish looks like a flowerhorn texas mix they are becoming common
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

my new flowerhorn Empty
PostSubject: Re: my new flowerhorn   my new flowerhorn Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

my new flowerhorn
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UsaFishBox :: :: Freshwater Aquaria :: Aggressive Fish-
Jump to: