UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Fred the flowerhorn

Go down 
+19
alan j t
CSnyder00
BFinley
fishhomie
iron
joey
alkomist
ricardorocks
Raschael
Holey Rock of Texas
Rachael0805
hydrodmg
KMX
fabfish
CajunGator
JACK D
R2 Ranch
SLAYERR34
philuponthepho
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage

Fred the flowerhorn - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Fred the flowerhorn   Fred the flowerhorn - Page 5 Icon_minitime12/15/2009, 2:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

I managed to get a few good pics of Fred today and thought I would share them
Fred the flowerhorn - Page 5 DSCN1520Fred the flowerhorn - Page 5 DSCN1522Fred the flowerhorn - Page 5 DSCN1502Fred the flowerhorn - Page 5 DSCN1506Fred the flowerhorn - Page 5 DSCN1525
I was holding the bloodworms with my fingers to get him still enough to get a decent pic of him. He only nipped me once and was quite careful of my fingers after that.

Can any one tell me if Fred is a boy or a girl?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
bluestarfh
Private First Class
Private First Class

PostSubject: Re: Fred the flowerhorn   Fred the flowerhorn - Page 5 Icon_minitime5/27/2010, 12:23 pm

nice flowerline and pearls
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fred the flowerhorn   Fred the flowerhorn - Page 5 Icon_minitime6/14/2010, 3:00 pm

Both are now in my 90g with a egg crate divider with about a full tube of silicone used to glue it in, If they break that down I will be in awe!
I also need to find them a few toys to keep them amused, any good ideas?
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

PostSubject: Re: Fred the flowerhorn   Fred the flowerhorn - Page 5 Icon_minitime6/14/2010, 3:16 pm

Put my Giant Gourami in with them they will stay ocupied. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fred the flowerhorn   Fred the flowerhorn - Page 5 Icon_minitime6/14/2010, 3:26 pm

I'm sure Fred would kill him quick.......
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

PostSubject: Re: Fred the flowerhorn   Fred the flowerhorn - Page 5 Icon_minitime6/14/2010, 3:34 pm

He has already Killed a 8"Flowerhorn that I used to have and that Flowerhorn was mean.Everything that I put with the Gourami he has beaten the cr@p out of or killed.He has to be the only fish in the tank.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fred the flowerhorn   Fred the flowerhorn - Page 5 Icon_minitime6/24/2010, 8:25 pm

So Fred has a new trick.... Just for S&G's I tossed in a floating plastic beach shovel for him to play with. Well he has taken to pushing it about the tank on his snout.... I have a strange fish!
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: Fred the flowerhorn   Fred the flowerhorn - Page 5 Icon_minitime6/24/2010, 9:33 pm

jill let me know when he starts building sand castles!!!! LOL
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

Favorite Fish: : Luwino Reef Zebra Chilumba, Ocellatus, Any bright-colored freshwater cichlid

PostSubject: Re: Fred the flowerhorn   Fred the flowerhorn - Page 5 Icon_minitime6/25/2010, 4:52 am

He's trying to decorate the tank the way that he wants it, but the shovel won't stay where he wants it to. lol I love watching big cichlids try to move stuff around the tank!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fred the flowerhorn   Fred the flowerhorn - Page 5 Icon_minitime6/25/2010, 1:48 pm

They have no sand, they poop way too much for me to give em a substrate!
There's a pool place in town that has some little dive toys that blink different colors when you smack them, I will be getting some for Fred and Martha soon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fred the flowerhorn   Fred the flowerhorn - Page 5 Icon_minitime7/1/2010, 8:28 pm

They were being awfully cute.... so here's a vid!
Fred the flowerhorn - Page 5 Th_DSCN2645
Well cute till Fred reminded me it was feeding time lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fred the flowerhorn   Fred the flowerhorn - Page 5 Icon_minitime7/1/2010, 9:45 pm

Oh and those are xmas fulu in the tank behind them.
I'm glad Fred knows the difference between finger and food, he could do some serious damage if he wanted to........
Back to top Go down
thebanker
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
thebanker

PostSubject: Re: Fred the flowerhorn   Fred the flowerhorn - Page 5 Icon_minitime7/1/2010, 9:54 pm

fred is going to be a beast when he is full grown, keep us posted.
Back to top Go down
Dabula
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Dabula

Favorite Fish: : Any and All Peacock Cichlids

PostSubject: Re: Fred the flowerhorn   Fred the flowerhorn - Page 5 Icon_minitime7/1/2010, 9:56 pm

I can barely see the xmas fulu, but you should post some pics of them too! As long as Fred and Martha wouldn't get too jealous... They're beautiful! How old are they?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fred the flowerhorn   Fred the flowerhorn - Page 5 Icon_minitime7/1/2010, 9:57 pm

He's a beast already! Hes roughly 9" now! And hes gotta weigh a few pounds now!
They are between 1 1/2-2 years old
Back to top Go down
thebanker
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
thebanker

PostSubject: Re: Fred the flowerhorn   Fred the flowerhorn - Page 5 Icon_minitime7/1/2010, 10:06 pm

yes, he is a nice size now, but i mean 12+" with a golf ball size hump.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fred the flowerhorn   Fred the flowerhorn - Page 5 Icon_minitime7/1/2010, 10:16 pm

I really don't think Fred is gonna get a big kok, Martha will probably get a huge one though.
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Favorite Fish: : Africans, Peacocks, Catfish.. pertty much everything that has fins and tail...

PostSubject: Re: Fred the flowerhorn   Fred the flowerhorn - Page 5 Icon_minitime7/2/2010, 10:53 am

lol i wonder what would happen if we put my pacu in there with fred and martha... bad idea!!! Fred the flowerhorn - Page 5 998851
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

PostSubject: Re: Fred the flowerhorn   Fred the flowerhorn - Page 5 Icon_minitime7/2/2010, 11:31 am

My Giant Gourami would defently put up a fight.He hasn't back down from any fish yet. Fred the flowerhorn - Page 5 998851
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: Fred the flowerhorn   Fred the flowerhorn - Page 5 Icon_minitime7/2/2010, 2:47 pm

Geaux Fred!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fred the flowerhorn   Fred the flowerhorn - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fred the flowerhorn
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5