UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Fred the flowerhorn

Go down 
+19
alan j t
CSnyder00
BFinley
fishhomie
iron
joey
alkomist
ricardorocks
Raschael
Holey Rock of Texas
Rachael0805
hydrodmg
KMX
fabfish
CajunGator
JACK D
R2 Ranch
SLAYERR34
philuponthepho
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Fred the flowerhorn Empty
PostSubject: Fred the flowerhorn   Fred the flowerhorn Icon_minitime12/15/2009, 2:38 pm

I managed to get a few good pics of Fred today and thought I would share them
Fred the flowerhorn DSCN1520Fred the flowerhorn DSCN1522Fred the flowerhorn DSCN1502Fred the flowerhorn DSCN1506Fred the flowerhorn DSCN1525
I was holding the bloodworms with my fingers to get him still enough to get a decent pic of him. He only nipped me once and was quite careful of my fingers after that.

Can any one tell me if Fred is a boy or a girl?
Back to top Go down
philuponthepho
Captain
Captain
philuponthepho

Favorite Fish: : Anything I can afford (which is $0)

PostSubject: Re: Fred the flowerhorn   Fred the flowerhorn Icon_minitime12/15/2009, 2:41 pm

Vent him
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fred the flowerhorn   Fred the flowerhorn Icon_minitime12/15/2009, 2:52 pm

Um... Ya I'm not very good at venting fish at all...... Hence me asking
Back to top Go down
philuponthepho
Captain
Captain
philuponthepho

PostSubject: Re: Fred the flowerhorn   Fred the flowerhorn Icon_minitime12/15/2009, 2:55 pm

Lol thats ok. Flip him to where his butthole is showing CLEARLY and take a pciture and I might be able to do it from where im sitting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fred the flowerhorn   Fred the flowerhorn Icon_minitime12/15/2009, 2:57 pm

Ok, it will have to wait untill I have some help..... I dont think I can hold him and the camera, Hes has gotten awfully strong!
Back to top Go down
philuponthepho
Captain
Captain
philuponthepho

PostSubject: Re: Fred the flowerhorn   Fred the flowerhorn Icon_minitime12/15/2009, 2:58 pm

Lol what I do is put him in a big net and flip him over. Buttholes are huge.
Back to top Go down
SLAYERR34
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1
SLAYERR34

PostSubject: Re: Fred the flowerhorn   Fred the flowerhorn Icon_minitime12/15/2009, 2:59 pm

NICE I JUST GOT MY FIRST FH TODAY
Back to top Go down
R2 Ranch
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
R2 Ranch

Favorite Fish: : Any that belong to me.

PostSubject: Re: Fred the flowerhorn   Fred the flowerhorn Icon_minitime12/15/2009, 3:08 pm

Nice looking flowerhorn... Fred the flowerhorn 265353
Back to top Go down
philuponthepho
Captain
Captain
philuponthepho

PostSubject: Re: Fred the flowerhorn   Fred the flowerhorn Icon_minitime12/15/2009, 3:10 pm

My flowerhorn jumped out of the water to catch my feeder. It's pretty cool! He's been fighting my prawn for territory. Ill upgate with a picture after I get off work.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fred the flowerhorn   Fred the flowerhorn Icon_minitime12/15/2009, 3:24 pm

I will try to get some good pics of Martha my other flowerhorn and post them soon.
Back to top Go down
philuponthepho
Captain
Captain
philuponthepho

PostSubject: Re: Fred the flowerhorn   Fred the flowerhorn Icon_minitime12/15/2009, 3:27 pm

LOL, Fred, Martha, and what next? George?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fred the flowerhorn   Fred the flowerhorn Icon_minitime12/15/2009, 3:32 pm

Nope just Fred and Martha. I had to name them something I couldn't just call them flowerhorn A and B, so I did some good ol rednecky names
Back to top Go down
JACK D
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
JACK D

Favorite Fish: : My fish, your fish, red fish, blue fish...

PostSubject: Re: Fred the flowerhorn   Fred the flowerhorn Icon_minitime12/15/2009, 7:35 pm

He's a pretty boy, isnt he?!?!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fred the flowerhorn   Fred the flowerhorn Icon_minitime12/15/2009, 7:41 pm

Yup, Pretty, Smart and Vicious! I put a few livebearer fry in their tank yesterday and boy what a show!
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: Fred the flowerhorn   Fred the flowerhorn Icon_minitime12/15/2009, 8:08 pm

Exactly how long is Fred or Fredricka??? LOL
Very nice flowerhorn.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fred the flowerhorn   Fred the flowerhorn Icon_minitime12/16/2009, 7:16 am

Fred is a good 4" possibly 4.5"
Martha is 2" possibly 2.5"

Martha was bigger than Fred when I got them.
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: Fred the flowerhorn   Fred the flowerhorn Icon_minitime12/16/2009, 8:34 am

Mine fought all the time when I had them together in a 20L 4" & 2.5" so i threw them in my 150g community tank. They are the shy ones now. And doing well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fred the flowerhorn   Fred the flowerhorn Icon_minitime12/17/2009, 10:59 am

They are in a divided 30g for now. Once they get bigger they will get a tank upgrade. I think I will keep them in the same tank just divided.... They seem lost without each other to taunt.

So what grade do yall think he is? His flowerline is almost full, only 2 spots not connected and he has about a 1/3 of a second line coming in now.
Back to top Go down
fabfish
Sergeant
Sergeant
fabfish

Favorite Fish: : my favorite fish are my 15 inck king kamfa breeding pair of flowerhorn

PostSubject: its a girl   Fred the flowerhorn Icon_minitime12/31/2009, 2:23 pm

she is pretty , ... u have a lil girl . she looks to be a red star fancy flowerhorn .... her black stripes in her body will get thick and dark when she spawns . she will not grow a kok though no knot on the head but they r very smart ... fh r my favorite fish ... i have almost every species of flowerhorn ...
Back to top Go down
fabfish
Sergeant
Sergeant
fabfish

Favorite Fish: : my favorite fish are my 15 inck king kamfa breeding pair of flowerhorn

PostSubject: Re: Fred the flowerhorn   Fred the flowerhorn Icon_minitime12/31/2009, 2:25 pm

solid red eyes means very fertile ...
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Fred the flowerhorn   Fred the flowerhorn Icon_minitime12/31/2009, 2:29 pm

Fred is cool. Very purdy red. Is that from Grr?
Back to top Go down
hydrodmg
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

Favorite Fish: : broiled or grilled just not fried

PostSubject: Re: Fred the flowerhorn   Fred the flowerhorn Icon_minitime12/31/2009, 3:11 pm

lol i like but i am partial
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fred the flowerhorn   Fred the flowerhorn Icon_minitime12/31/2009, 6:13 pm

Yes Fred and Martha are both from Grr. They now each have their own 30g. I need to take some pics of Martha and start a thread on her.... Shes not eating.

Are you positive Fred is a girl? She/he has been looking awfully plump recently... I do know the sex organ/hole is much smaller than the anus.
Back to top Go down
Rachael0805
Captain
Captain
Rachael0805

Favorite Fish: : Red Devil, Red Terror, Green Terror...

PostSubject: Re: Fred the flowerhorn   Fred the flowerhorn Icon_minitime12/31/2009, 7:41 pm

Fred the he/she is beautiful lol. I really want a flowerhorn.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fred the flowerhorn   Fred the flowerhorn Icon_minitime1/4/2010, 2:37 pm

Some pics I took today
Fred the flowerhorn DSCN1601Fred the flowerhorn DSCN1602
He/she likes to sit in the pot and look down at Martha, their tanks are stacked.
I was told they were red dragons......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fred the flowerhorn   Fred the flowerhorn Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fred the flowerhorn
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next