UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **

Go down 
+13
snoskiur
dnphillips08
BFinley
parkmond131
TankGirl
strikingthematch
zeashness
Cichlid Lover
KMX
Ben
Flippercon
Jd.
D'Claro
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
D'Claro
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
D'Claro

** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/3/2011, 2:44 pm

First topic message reminder :

The next meeting of the Central Virginia Chapter will be on

Sunday, October 2 at 2:00 PM

Place:
The home of member
TankGirl.
** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 3 2009-77
Here she is!

This will be our
FALL Kick-Off Meeting!

Burgers! * Hot Dogs! * Side Dishes!
Enjoy a burger from the grill and relax around the
*** OUTDOOR CHIMNEY *** on the deck, where a cozy fire will be lit just in case we have cool weather.

*** SWAP! ***
Got something you don't need anymore?
Got too many fry?

Then bring it to the Swap!
[Details on page 4 of this thread.]

Meet up with other area hobbyists and renew acquaintance with old friends.
** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 3 240563 Talk fish all afternoon! It's a great time. Start planning now and SAVE THE DAY!

---------------------------------------------------------------
HOW TO GET THERE:

For details and directions to TankGirl's house,
please
pm TankGirl or Ben.

Note: the address will NOT be posted here; please pm TankGirl or Ben to get it. ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 3 553930
--------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you can make it!
Central Virginia Chapter
** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 3 102652
DON'T MISS IT!

Last edited by D'Claro on 9/26/2011, 2:33 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : to update information.)
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
D'Claro
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/7/2011, 3:39 pm

Azalea Aquariums had some recently but the price tag was high, about $10 each, like striking says. They need a fairly big aquarium, too, and they can be aggressive. A cheaper way to do it is get diamond tetras. They look a bit like mini-Congos, and they get along pretty well with other fish. *lol*

Altho' where can you get diamond tetras lately? Last time I saw them was at Perfect Pets on Broad Street and they just closed up! For good. :(
Back to top Go down
strikingthematch
Captain
Captain
strikingthematch

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Stingrays, Arowana, Rams, and Angels

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/7/2011, 3:42 pm

I have a bunch of diamonds in growing out right now cheers

Sadly I lost the parents but was able to raise over 24 fry. Hopefully they will reach breeding age fairly soon and then I will have tons!
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

Favorite Fish: : Venustus and Catfish

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/7/2011, 4:25 pm

Anybody that will be at the meeting interested in some platies. I have some juvies I am wanting to move out. A mix of blue mickey mouse, orange mickey mouse and some orange yellow mixed platies.

I haven't been to Azalea in awhile which would be why I havent seen them lol. It is about time Perfect Pets closed in my opinion. Their fish department was pretty nasty and they had died fish.
Back to top Go down
TankGirl
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
TankGirl

Favorite Fish: : Lake Tanganyikan cichlids

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/7/2011, 4:57 pm

I'd like to temper the discussion a bit with the reality that though I do have a 150-gal aquarium that I could float a few bags in, this is a frontosa tank and I don't wish to stress them with very many bags of fish floating above their heads. They're skittish and sensitive juveniles. My other tanks have thick floating plants or are otherwise not appropriate to float bags in.

I have a few 5-gal buckets that I can use for this, and if anyone else has ideas about how to keep livestock comfortable until everyone goes home I'm open to ideas. I had no idea everyone was so flush with fish!

Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

Favorite Fish: : I dont knows ????

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/7/2011, 4:59 pm

D'Claro wrote:
They need a fairly big aquarium, too, and they can be aggressive. A cheaper way to do it is get diamond tetras. They look a bit like mini-Congos, and they get along pretty well with other fish.

I need congo's to go in my 75g with my 6"+ ebjd haha so I hope they are a little aggressive or they will be lunch.

I saw some a while back at fish safari for like 4.00 ish I wish I would have got some , so if anyone goes by there and notice they have some for cheap think of me haha.
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

Favorite Fish: : Electric Blue Rocio Octofasciata

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/7/2011, 5:30 pm

If everyone just uses new water when they bag them and discontinue feeding a day or two prior a few 5 gallon buckets should do. I get a lid for a 5 gallon bucket poke a hole in it with a screwdriver and put the hard airline tubing thru it. Connect a minnow pump to it and cal it a day. Just have to watch the temp if its super cold out.
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/7/2011, 7:51 pm

Flipper you going to car pool with me up there ? same goes for striking and dan ?
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/7/2011, 7:53 pm

You driving jd?
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/7/2011, 8:16 pm

at the current time and plan yes i am
Back to top Go down
dnphillips08
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
dnphillips08

Favorite Fish: : Discus

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/8/2011, 9:57 am

I might carpool, my wife might be in VA at that point so she may want to come. Which means the baby will come, assuming its okay to bring the baby? If so I can start getting the baby loving fish from the very start :D
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/8/2011, 10:32 am

Hahaha starting them early i love it , i guess we will play it by ear then just let me know by oct 2nd : )
Back to top Go down
parkmond131
Sergeant
Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : Peacock's & Haps for watching, "Flounder for eating" Yum

PostSubject: Meeting   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/8/2011, 2:31 pm

Not sure I need to do this but just want to make sure that all Tidewater folk know that we would love to have them attend.

JB usafishbox
Back to top Go down
D'Claro
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
D'Claro

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/8/2011, 4:50 pm

parkmond131 wrote:
Not sure I need to do this but just want to make sure that all Tidewater folk know that we would love to have them attend.
JB usafishbox

Hey, JB, I just saw where I said something like this on page 1 of this thread so that's two invitations for them. If they don't show up after all this I'll be surprised! *lol*

Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/8/2011, 7:19 pm

Of course they are coming. They aren't going to miss a chance to see me now are they? lol!

On a real note though I am hoping they show up as well. I had a good time at the meeting down there even if some people didn't show up. ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 3 690297
Back to top Go down
dnphillips08
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
dnphillips08

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/8/2011, 9:40 pm

I'm really hoping I can make it! Hopefully the Navy doesn't give me duty on the second...
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/8/2011, 9:43 pm

HAHAHHA SOME PPL DIDNT SNOW UP ???????? I think you mean to say a lot of ppl were lame and no one showed up. I did have 3 extra pizzas haha. And sorry to say it but I like to crash parties so it would be better to not be invited.

Also why are me and ben the only cool ppl that have there forum names the same as there real names ?
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/8/2011, 9:44 pm

I wasn't trying to be cool. I was just to lazy to come up with a username.
Back to top Go down
dnphillips08
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
dnphillips08

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/8/2011, 9:45 pm

Mine is pretty close to my real name jd, missing one letter actually lol tricky tricky
Back to top Go down
strikingthematch
Captain
Captain
strikingthematch

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Stingrays, Arowana, Rams, and Angels

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/8/2011, 9:46 pm

Clearly the next level of coolness is a pseudo name lol!
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/8/2011, 9:48 pm

OMG 3 RESPONSES WITHIN 3 MINUTES NERDDSSSSSSSSS sorry you lost cool points hahaha
Back to top Go down
zeashness
Sergeant
Sergeant
zeashness

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Angels (lovvvee platnium veils!), Diamond Tetras, Rainbows, African Cichlids

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/8/2011, 10:10 pm

Pfftt, mine username is close enough. :P

I did have 3 extra pizzas haha.

All you had to do was inform Chris of this. He would of fixed the problem immediately.
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/17/2011, 8:01 pm

Any updates to this or same old same old ?
Back to top Go down
D'Claro
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
D'Claro

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/20/2011, 10:37 am

A lot of planning is going on behind the scenes. ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 3 690297

Don't forget! -> Everyone please find something you can donate to the swap! Like I said in the other post, it can be big or small, cheap or not, as long as it is something you can spare and would willingly give to an "aquarium pal" if he needed it. ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 3 438327

Also, who wants to bring a side dish or a snack?
JB is going to bring baked beans. ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 3 624749
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/20/2011, 5:00 pm

Are you still driving jd? I have to look in my closet to see what extras I have. I'm sure I have something. Lol
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/20/2011, 5:04 pm

parkmond131 wrote:
Hey all,

If anyone has an Mbuna tank I have a few Rusty and OB's I can bring. No Ben I said I have OB's not BO funny

JD what kind of fish do have? I'm setting up a Peacock, Hap tank.

HAG1 all!!!

usafishbox
Bring a male rusty for me! I think I have four females for sure.
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/20/2011, 6:02 pm

Flippercon wrote:
Are you still driving jd?

As of right now yes I am driving you and Dan up there.

I got some soda left over from the meeting at my house I will bring and probably some sort of food ... or whatever is left over from the road trip up there I should say haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next