UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **

Go down 
+13
snoskiur
dnphillips08
BFinley
parkmond131
TankGirl
strikingthematch
zeashness
Cichlid Lover
KMX
Ben
Flippercon
Jd.
D'Claro
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
D'Claro
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
D'Claro

** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 6 Icon_minitime9/3/2011, 2:44 pm

First topic message reminder :

The next meeting of the Central Virginia Chapter will be on

Sunday, October 2 at 2:00 PM

Place:
The home of member
TankGirl.
** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 6 2009-77
Here she is!

This will be our
FALL Kick-Off Meeting!

Burgers! * Hot Dogs! * Side Dishes!
Enjoy a burger from the grill and relax around the
*** OUTDOOR CHIMNEY *** on the deck, where a cozy fire will be lit just in case we have cool weather.

*** SWAP! ***
Got something you don't need anymore?
Got too many fry?

Then bring it to the Swap!
[Details on page 4 of this thread.]

Meet up with other area hobbyists and renew acquaintance with old friends.
** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 6 240563 Talk fish all afternoon! It's a great time. Start planning now and SAVE THE DAY!

---------------------------------------------------------------
HOW TO GET THERE:

For details and directions to TankGirl's house,
please
pm TankGirl or Ben.

Note: the address will NOT be posted here; please pm TankGirl or Ben to get it. ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 6 553930
--------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you can make it!
Central Virginia Chapter
** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 6 102652
DON'T MISS IT!

Last edited by D'Claro on 9/26/2011, 2:33 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : to update information.)
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 6 Icon_minitime10/4/2011, 12:30 pm

PHISH HEAD wrote:
Myself and my girlfriend would like to Thank TankGirl for hosting the meeting at her home we felt right at home the food was great and the atmosphere was relaxing.TankGirls tank setups were amazing very very nice. I'd like to thank Jd for all the awesome fish we got from the auction my girlfriend and I have been researching all we can about the "Honduran Red Points"these fish are truly amazing I have never heard of them and am excited to keep them.All the fish we brought home have all aclimated well into our quarintine.And will soon be introduced into our other setups.Thanks to all who showed up it was nice seeing everyone and chating we appreciate and enjoy being able to be apart of VA Chapter and USAFishbox.

Your very welcome.
Back to top Go down
D'Claro
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
D'Claro

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 6 Icon_minitime10/8/2011, 5:53 pm

TankGirl's tanks are amazing! I remember when she had the 150 set up as an "Amazon" tank. There was a beautiful group of rare wild-caught Leopoldi angelfish, and schools of sterbai Corydoras and cardinal tetras. What a sight! She even had one of the most unusual catfish I've ever seen in person, a giant whiptail catfish, Planiloricaria cryptodon.

** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 6 Whiptail5
Here it is with its very cool spoon-shaped head in the sand. I loved this fish! ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 6 165198
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

Favorite Fish: : Electric Blue Rocio Octofasciata

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 6 Icon_minitime10/9/2011, 8:52 am

I wish I would have been able to see it. I don't see to many Amazon set ups around here.
Back to top Go down
TankGirl
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
TankGirl

Favorite Fish: : Lake Tanganyikan cichlids

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 6 Icon_minitime10/9/2011, 1:42 pm

** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 6 150_Sept09_1

This was how it used to look before I turned it into a barren wasteland, lol!

I still hope for the day when the large frontosa are cruising around, but I fear I still have a bit of a wait....

P.S. Please forgive the fact that most of the plants in this setup are NOT Amazon at all, and Heiko scolded me for keeping those leopoldi angels in a tank like this, with high light and non-Amazon plants. They came from waters with not too much vegetation, but with floating plants, vertical reeds and sticks, sand, and definitely very dim lighting. He was a fan of the sand, though that's about all he liked... Rolling Eyes

I was going for an attractive setup rather than a true biotope.
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 6 Icon_minitime10/9/2011, 1:53 pm

It was beautiful! Those fronts will be there before you know it. Patience is a virtue. So what happen to the live stock?
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

Favorite Fish: : Venustus and Catfish

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 6 Icon_minitime10/9/2011, 5:39 pm

Well just 1 week since the meeting and I already have a ton of eggs from 2 of the platinum angels I got from Jd.
Back to top Go down
TankGirl
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
TankGirl

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 6 Icon_minitime10/9/2011, 5:54 pm

Flippercon wrote:
It was beautiful! Those fronts will be there before you know it. Patience is a virtue. So what happen to the live stock?

I moved the angels upstairs and in a freak accident with the 37 I lost all but 2 angels, then not too long ago I lost another, so I'm left with only one now, and he's in the 40 breeder, but when people come over he hides behind the plants. Deborah can tell you that even when she would come over when they were in the 150 they'd all turn their bodies towards the back of the aquarium as if to hide their eyes from the stranger, lol. They have always been very skittish.

I sold the C. sterbai and gave away the cardinals and other tetras to my sister, and sold what I could not keep.
Back to top Go down
TankGirl
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
TankGirl

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 6 Icon_minitime10/9/2011, 5:55 pm

Ben wrote:
Well just 1 week since the meeting and I already have a ton of eggs from 2 of the platinum angels I got from Jd.

I thought they were at an age where they could spawn! Way to go, Ben. ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 6 690297 Those are some gorgeous angels.

I want to get some of his rams but it is hard to coordinate getting together to get them. cry
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

Favorite Fish: : Venustus and Catfish

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 6 Icon_minitime10/9/2011, 7:02 pm

I don't expect anything from this batch because I will be turning the lights off in the tank at nights since it is located in the bedroom. I will move them to a tank in the garage where I can keep it lighted for them so they won't get spooked. Nice to see their is a pair between the 3 angels though.
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 6 Icon_minitime10/9/2011, 7:06 pm

TankGirl wrote:
Ben wrote:

I thought they were at an age where they could spawn! Way to go, Ben. ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 6 690297 Those are some gorgeous angels.

I want to get some of his rams but it is hard to coordinate getting together to get them. cry
I will get in contact with him and let him know when I see him.
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

Favorite Fish: : I dont knows ????

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 6 Icon_minitime10/10/2011, 12:30 am

Ben wrote:

Darn i timed it a little off I thought 1 pair had formed but wasn't sure well its all good I will steal some babies from you lol I like the babies more than the big ones haha. And for not thinking they would spawn shame on you , I breed horny fish apparently lol the rams I gave striking spawned less than a week into there new home hahah.

Tankgirl , I will try to get you these fish since I'm 100% looking to empty the tank they are in : )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **   ** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! ** - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

** Virginia Chapter - October 2 Meeting! **
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6