UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

can angelfish still grow in a planted tank?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
plantedtankdude
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
plantedtankdude

Favorite Fish: : all of them along with mermaids and me I'm a Pisces.

can angelfish still grow in a planted tank? Empty
PostSubject: can angelfish still grow in a planted tank?   can angelfish still grow in a planted tank? Icon_minitime1/27/2011, 9:02 pm

okay I know discus can become stunted in a planted tank when trying to grow them out, but what about angelfish... is it okay to have small angelfish in a planted tank when trying to grow them out, or would bare bottom and a sponge filter be better am throwing $$$ keeping them in a 20 gallon planted tank, and trying to grow them out...
Back to top Go down
MarkM
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
MarkM

Favorite Fish: : If it swims and has fins and gills, I like it.

PostSubject: Re: can angelfish still grow in a planted tank?   can angelfish still grow in a planted tank? Icon_minitime1/27/2011, 9:05 pm

They should still grow fine, just keep up on your water changes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: can angelfish still grow in a planted tank?   can angelfish still grow in a planted tank? Icon_minitime1/27/2011, 9:07 pm

I grow all mine in planted tanks.
Back to top Go down
Shaysfishys
Captain
Captain
Shaysfishys

Favorite Fish: : Just about all of them!!

PostSubject: Re: can angelfish still grow in a planted tank?   can angelfish still grow in a planted tank? Icon_minitime1/27/2011, 9:40 pm

They're fine in a planted tank, plenty of water changes & good food they'll grow wonderfully
Back to top Go down
plantedtankdude
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
plantedtankdude

PostSubject: Re: can angelfish still grow in a planted tank?   can angelfish still grow in a planted tank? Icon_minitime1/28/2011, 9:31 am

cool, thanks. I always had bare bottom tanks when raising angelfish. what if I got a mate pair and they laid eggs, then the babies hatch. would I be able to raise baby's in a planted tank?
Back to top Go down
Shaysfishys
Captain
Captain
Shaysfishys

Favorite Fish: : Just about all of them!!

PostSubject: Re: can angelfish still grow in a planted tank?   can angelfish still grow in a planted tank? Icon_minitime1/28/2011, 9:38 am

Yes, that is what they do in the wild, there should be no reason that you couldn't.

At one of the not so lfs there was a pair of silvers who raised a large batch of fry in a mixed planted community. They laid their eggs on a large sword plant (have no clue the name) but it was cool, that was probably the most I'd went window shopping in a long time LOL watching them fry grow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: can angelfish still grow in a planted tank?   can angelfish still grow in a planted tank? Icon_minitime1/28/2011, 9:43 am

I actually like planted tanks for young fry as plants give better water quality. Mine always lay on plants and ignore rocks, slate and tubes.
Back to top Go down
plantedtankdude
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
plantedtankdude

PostSubject: Re: can angelfish still grow in a planted tank?   can angelfish still grow in a planted tank? Icon_minitime1/28/2011, 10:12 am

cool, thanks... might buy a proven pair of angelfish and raise some angelfish babies.
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: can angelfish still grow in a planted tank?   can angelfish still grow in a planted tank? Icon_minitime1/28/2011, 10:13 am

Is water wet. Lol
Back to top Go down
plantedtankdude
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
plantedtankdude

PostSubject: Re: can angelfish still grow in a planted tank?   can angelfish still grow in a planted tank? Icon_minitime1/28/2011, 5:01 pm

I'm not sure, what type of water are you talking about led? I know hot water burn baby though. "adam sandler"
Back to top Go down
MarkM
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
MarkM

Favorite Fish: : If it swims and has fins and gills, I like it.

PostSubject: Re: can angelfish still grow in a planted tank?   can angelfish still grow in a planted tank? Icon_minitime1/28/2011, 6:03 pm

High Quality H2O
Back to top Go down
plantedtankdude
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
plantedtankdude

PostSubject: Re: can angelfish still grow in a planted tank?   can angelfish still grow in a planted tank? Icon_minitime1/29/2011, 6:32 pm

looks like I'm going to sell a few more tanks. main planted tank, and just one tank for breeding, and raising angelfish.
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: can angelfish still grow in a planted tank?   can angelfish still grow in a planted tank? Icon_minitime1/29/2011, 6:33 pm

cool
Back to top Go down
plantedtankdude
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
plantedtankdude

PostSubject: Re: can angelfish still grow in a planted tank?   can angelfish still grow in a planted tank? Icon_minitime1/29/2011, 7:19 pm

ha ha led want to buy some more tanks ;) ha ha. so I have a 25 gallon planted tank, a 25g saltwater tank, a empty 20 gallon, a 20 gallon planted, and a empty 55g.

oh and the 45g i sold to you. empty just wanting for you to pick up your stuff when you come to town.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: can angelfish still grow in a planted tank?   can angelfish still grow in a planted tank? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

can angelfish still grow in a planted tank?
Page 1 of 1