UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

29G grow out change to show tank

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dabula
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Dabula

Favorite Fish: : Any and All Peacock Cichlids

29G grow out change to show tank Empty
PostSubject: 29G grow out change to show tank   29G grow out change to show tank Icon_minitime7/13/2010, 10:36 am

Alright so I am going to be changing over my 29G grow out tank into a show tank. I don't know what direction to go in. I keep mostly peacocks, a few fronts, some trophs, and a few vics... I am not sure what I really want to put in there though. I want something that can stay in there for the long haul, and am just looking for what you may be showing in a 29G, or have showed before... any thoughts welcomed of course...
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: 29G grow out change to show tank   29G grow out change to show tank Icon_minitime7/13/2010, 10:41 am

so it is a 29 tall? it is kind of small for most adult cichlids. some shellies would be good in there. also have you considered a community / planted tank, with some shrimp?
Back to top Go down
Dabula
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Dabula

PostSubject: Re: 29G grow out change to show tank   29G grow out change to show tank Icon_minitime7/13/2010, 1:54 pm

It is a 29 tall, so I know that the fish I have now are not a good fit. I have been thinking about some shellies, but want to have some other mid depth fish as well. I hadn't done any thinking about a community tank, but I guess I should look into that as well. I just want it to be somewhat unique and something you don't necessary see every day, if that makes sense... Thx David!
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: 29G grow out change to show tank   29G grow out change to show tank Icon_minitime7/13/2010, 1:56 pm

well shellys will certainly fit that bill. they do only live on the bottom of the tank tho. i have seen some people mix in some top dewelling community fish with them.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: 29G grow out change to show tank   29G grow out change to show tank Icon_minitime7/13/2010, 4:36 pm

I do all my Victorians in my 29Gal. Breed like rabbits and never had any problems. Vics are very colorful.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 29G grow out change to show tank   29G grow out change to show tank Icon_minitime7/13/2010, 6:01 pm

A dwarf cichlid thats plant friendly and plant it.
Back to top Go down
Dabula
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Dabula

PostSubject: Re: 29G grow out change to show tank   29G grow out change to show tank Icon_minitime7/14/2010, 1:39 am

I haven't done the research, but guessing dwarf cichlids would not co-habitat well with shellies? What dwarf cichlids are plant friendly? I am guessing the last question has a large variety, but again I don't know them. I really may be leaning towards the vics as Kory mentioned...

Anyone else have a show 29G tall they love?
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

PostSubject: Re: 29G grow out change to show tank   29G grow out change to show tank Icon_minitime7/14/2010, 8:12 am

I would go with some Vics also,but thats just me.I know whatever you put in it it will look great.Keep us posted on it. 29G grow out change to show tank 772341
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 29G grow out change to show tank   29G grow out change to show tank Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

29G grow out change to show tank
Page 1 of 1