UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Pitbull attacks poor cat!!

Go down 
+9
Ben
sassynurse2
NajaAkaDoa
WildWiley
brenna
jaiko1975
BFinley
fishface30
KMX
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

Pitbull attacks poor cat!! Empty
PostSubject: Pitbull attacks poor cat!!   Pitbull attacks poor cat!! Icon_minitime12/22/2011, 2:10 pm

Did you really think I would post something like that? They like to snuggle. usafishbox

It's all about the owner baby!

Pitbull attacks poor cat!! Img_0910
Back to top Go down
fishface30
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Angelfish, Rummynose Tetras

PostSubject: Re: Pitbull attacks poor cat!!   Pitbull attacks poor cat!! Icon_minitime12/22/2011, 2:20 pm

ah, you got me!
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

PostSubject: Re: Pitbull attacks poor cat!!   Pitbull attacks poor cat!! Icon_minitime12/22/2011, 2:27 pm

haha haha haha haha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pitbull attacks poor cat!!   Pitbull attacks poor cat!! Icon_minitime12/22/2011, 2:37 pm

that was a good one! and a good way to get views ;)
Back to top Go down
jaiko1975
jaiko1975

PostSubject: Re: Pitbull attacks poor cat!!   Pitbull attacks poor cat!! Icon_minitime12/22/2011, 4:58 pm

oh good one...
Back to top Go down
brenna
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
brenna

Favorite Fish: : mollies and platys

PostSubject: Re: Pitbull attacks poor cat!!   Pitbull attacks poor cat!! Icon_minitime12/22/2011, 5:36 pm

love this..it is so true, my rescue has a saying "punish the deed not the breed!"
Back to top Go down
WildWiley
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
WildWiley

Favorite Fish: : clown I do love my nems and inverts

PostSubject: Re: Pitbull attacks poor cat!!   Pitbull attacks poor cat!! Icon_minitime12/22/2011, 6:36 pm

Poor cat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pitbull attacks poor cat!!   Pitbull attacks poor cat!! Icon_minitime12/22/2011, 7:35 pm

i had to be observative... nice tank in the background lol
Back to top Go down
WildWiley
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
WildWiley

Favorite Fish: : clown I do love my nems and inverts

PostSubject: Re: Pitbull attacks poor cat!!   Pitbull attacks poor cat!! Icon_minitime12/22/2011, 7:37 pm

Did he steal the cats pillow
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pitbull attacks poor cat!!   Pitbull attacks poor cat!! Icon_minitime12/22/2011, 7:41 pm

you might get some baby cogs if your not careful...
Back to top Go down
NajaAkaDoa
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
NajaAkaDoa

Favorite Fish: : Loaches!

PostSubject: Re: Pitbull attacks poor cat!!   Pitbull attacks poor cat!! Icon_minitime12/22/2011, 9:12 pm

not funny....
Back to top Go down
sassynurse2
sassynurse2

Favorite Fish: : 2 Clown Loaches...
Blue Dolphins 10.

PostSubject: Re: Pitbull attacks poor cat!!   Pitbull attacks poor cat!! Icon_minitime12/23/2011, 3:59 am

gingers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pitbull attacks poor cat!!   Pitbull attacks poor cat!! Icon_minitime12/23/2011, 6:49 am

gingers? lol
Back to top Go down
NajaAkaDoa
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
NajaAkaDoa

Favorite Fish: : Loaches!

PostSubject: Re: Pitbull attacks poor cat!!   Pitbull attacks poor cat!! Icon_minitime12/26/2011, 5:58 pm

Ditto, what's "gingers"?....

I'd just hate this to be another hang ever pit you see forum..
..seems its a 'touchy' subject.... me being in Richmond... they incenerate them
daily cuz "blanks" think they b livin in da rap vids.... yo..... ;).. no need to add fuel..

..............long story short, you got me... hahahahah ha .. JT

Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

Favorite Fish: : Venustus and Catfish

PostSubject: Re: Pitbull attacks poor cat!!   Pitbull attacks poor cat!! Icon_minitime12/26/2011, 7:26 pm

Gingers are what people with red hair are considered.

The spca in richmond is actually no kill now even with pits. The animal shelters here are also no kill now. Might not be as many being put down as you think these days. None the less they are still treated like cr@p in a lot of areas around here.

As for this site hating pits you will never need to worry about that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pitbull attacks poor cat!!   Pitbull attacks poor cat!! Icon_minitime12/26/2011, 7:28 pm

i know what a ginger is , im just confused why she said that lol
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

Favorite Fish: : Venustus and Catfish

PostSubject: Re: Pitbull attacks poor cat!!   Pitbull attacks poor cat!! Icon_minitime12/26/2011, 7:30 pm

Both animals have a red tint to there fur.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pitbull attacks poor cat!!   Pitbull attacks poor cat!! Icon_minitime12/26/2011, 7:33 pm

ahh, the pic. i thought she was calling someone on here a ginger haha
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Pitbull attacks poor cat!!   Pitbull attacks poor cat!! Icon_minitime12/26/2011, 10:29 pm

The Pit actually is a Choc. brown color. But has a tint of red. Really unusual.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pitbull attacks poor cat!!   Pitbull attacks poor cat!! Icon_minitime12/27/2011, 6:01 am

he's a pretty dog though.
Back to top Go down
jb1edlover
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
jb1edlover

Favorite Fish: : I have the fish in my avatar but the photo was taken by Nick Andreola of the HCCC. His photography skills are a little better than mine!

PostSubject: Re: Pitbull attacks poor cat!!   Pitbull attacks poor cat!! Icon_minitime12/27/2011, 11:39 am

We can all agree to disagree then, but Pits are vicious by nature. No not every one is bad... I'm sure we have all see a good one. But the stats don't lie they kill more people than the other 95% of ALL breeds of dogs. It's easy to say, "it's the owner" but you don't know that to always be true. I know a lady that runs a rescue and she takes in all kinds of dogs. She had a pit bull come in and he was with her for about 6months. One day he snapped and killed a couple of cockers and even tore her arm to pieces when she tried to intervene. I live in the Hampton Roads area of Virignia (This is where Michael VIck did his dog fighting cr@p) anyway they still euthanize pits here frequently. "Google" pit bull attacks in "hampton roads" there are hits after hits of them attacking other dogs, small children and even infants. I don't dislike those that keep pit bulls but I treat them like "Hybrid" keepers it's not my thing and I want no part of it.

Quote :
It's no secret that dogs can bite. It also shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone that pit bull attacks are the most deadly of all. The 28 year Merritt dog attack study conducted for the animal people organization reveals that pit bulls, at around 5% of the dog population in the USA, account for more deaths than the other 95% of dogs combined. Several medical studies have shown that the most severe dog bite trauma seen by ER doctors is nearly always inflicted by pit bulls. A 1986 dog attack study showed that pit bulls are 600% more likely to attack their owner than other dogs - and the pit bull attack statistics have been worsening in recent years
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pitbull attacks poor cat!!   Pitbull attacks poor cat!! Icon_minitime12/27/2011, 12:08 pm

Pitbull attacks poor cat!! 858205 yes good

but like he said.. i dont not like people with them, nor do i not like the breed. i just think they are a very aggressive dog and cause more problems than any others. i wouldn't own one just because of the risk but i dont hate people who have them
Back to top Go down
cwhip
cwhip

Favorite Fish: : Maroon clownfish,Tangs,bluespot jaw fish,Bangaii,Mandarins etc.......I love all fish really.

PostSubject: Re: Pitbull attacks poor cat!!   Pitbull attacks poor cat!! Icon_minitime12/27/2011, 12:41 pm

as a proud Rottweiler owner now and have been for many years I must say
Pits bulls, Dobermans, Rottweilers and other big dogs have gotten a bad rap for being aggressive dogs that are more likely than other dogs to bite people. But according to the Humane Society of the United States, the Centers for Disease Control, and the American Veterinary Medical Association, no one dog breed is more likely to bite than others. studies showed that the most popular large breed dogs at any one time were consistently on the list of breeds that bit fatally. There were a high number of fatal bites from Doberman pinschers in the 1970s, for example, because Dobermans were very popular at that time and there were more Dobermans around, and because Dobermans’ size makes their bites more dangerous. The number of fatal bites from pit bulls rose in the 1980s for the same reason, and the number of bites from Rottweilers in the 1990s.
”Biting has more to do with circumstances, behavior, training (or lack thereof), and ignorance on the part of human beings. along with bad breeding IE breeding brother to sister, father to daughter etc.”GRRRRR............not to mention some people are just plain stupid. I can't tell you how many times I've had people reach into my jeep for my Rottweilers or invade their space by aggressively petting them which I do not allow strangers to do in an overly aggressive manner.but Dam I shouldn't have to tell these morons to back off! that's no way to act around any breed whether is a poodle or a pit and some people who do act like this get bit due to there own ignorance.

Back to top Go down
fishface30
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Angelfish, Rummynose Tetras

PostSubject: Re: Pitbull attacks poor cat!!   Pitbull attacks poor cat!! Icon_minitime12/27/2011, 12:55 pm

LOL cwhip. That kinda goes back to the stupid animal shows I remember writing about in a thread where they play cutesy baby music and show only the baby animals just born. Makes the stupid people think they can pet anything. "yes, baby Tommy, go pet that baby black bear by the camp grounds. mama bear is watching and won't let anything happen."

I'm of the opinion that if you take a young puppy of an a aggressive breed and train it from the start that aggression is not tolerated, it will be a pretty good dog. Sadly, it's the older dogs in the shelters that have had bad experiences that can crack easier. Sure that puppy dog can still crack, any dog can. My sister had a Shih Tzu that was the most passive personality, but for some reason or another I hit some nerve and maybe it was arthritis but he snarled at me with teeth and I had never seen anything like that before from him. Even my nephew who saw it didn't know where that came from.

I don't remember the stages of dog development, but I remember there is a window where dogs develop their personalities and are most trainable(aggression wise) in the early weeks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pitbull attacks poor cat!!   Pitbull attacks poor cat!! Icon_minitime12/27/2011, 2:03 pm

im fine with rotweilers and the others that you listed, i just fine it hard to be true that every dog has the same aggression when everytime i turn on the news it seems like someone was attacked by a pit bull. it just doesnt add up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pitbull attacks poor cat!!   Pitbull attacks poor cat!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pitbull attacks poor cat!!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next