UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Opinions wanted!

Go down 
+2
WildWiley
doogan
6 posters
AuthorMessage
doogan
Private First Class
Private First Class

Favorite Fish: : Jack Dempsey

Opinions wanted! Empty
PostSubject: Opinions wanted!   Opinions wanted! Icon_minitime12/17/2011, 9:35 am

Hello!
So here is what I am looking for from all you fish pros out there:
In your opinion what is the most interesting, beautiful, fun to watch, active, friendliest, and yellow cichlids ?
Back to top Go down
WildWiley
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
WildWiley

Favorite Fish: : clown I do love my nems and inverts

Opinions wanted! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions wanted!   Opinions wanted! Icon_minitime12/17/2011, 9:39 am

Don't know how fun they are yellow http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=830+2855+839&pcatid=839
Back to top Go down
WildWiley
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
WildWiley

Favorite Fish: : clown I do love my nems and inverts

Opinions wanted! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions wanted!   Opinions wanted! Icon_minitime12/17/2011, 9:40 am

These too http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=830+831+1570&pcatid=1570
Back to top Go down
doogan
Private First Class
Private First Class

Opinions wanted! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions wanted!   Opinions wanted! Icon_minitime12/17/2011, 10:24 am

Yes! I like those also, I don't think I have seen any yellow peacocks actualy but they seem to hold many ideal traights I would love some of those. I do like electric yellows also.
Back to top Go down
proyect01
Captain
Captain
proyect01

Favorite Fish: : Aulonocara species

Opinions wanted! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions wanted!   Opinions wanted! Icon_minitime12/17/2011, 10:47 am

What about blue and yellow ?
[img]Opinions wanted! Pictur10[/img]
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

Opinions wanted! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions wanted!   Opinions wanted! Icon_minitime12/17/2011, 10:56 am

pro and I seem to have the same taste. nice peaCOCK lol!
Back to top Go down
proyect01
Captain
Captain
proyect01

Opinions wanted! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions wanted!   Opinions wanted! Icon_minitime12/17/2011, 10:57 am

usafishbox
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

Favorite Fish: : Electric Blue Rocio Octofasciata

Opinions wanted! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions wanted!   Opinions wanted! Icon_minitime12/17/2011, 12:17 pm

i have some yellow labs and they are great fish, I have not owned any peacocks but they are gorgeous! yes
Back to top Go down
doogan
Private First Class
Private First Class

Opinions wanted! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions wanted!   Opinions wanted! Icon_minitime12/17/2011, 1:12 pm

Yeah those are awesome looking. Only the males look like that right?
Back to top Go down
proyect01
Captain
Captain
proyect01

Opinions wanted! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions wanted!   Opinions wanted! Icon_minitime12/17/2011, 8:07 pm

Yes the females usually are brown with some exceptions some females show very little color usafishbox
Back to top Go down
doogan
Private First Class
Private First Class

Opinions wanted! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions wanted!   Opinions wanted! Icon_minitime12/17/2011, 9:25 pm

what are yellow labs?
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

Opinions wanted! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions wanted!   Opinions wanted! Icon_minitime12/17/2011, 9:27 pm

wildwiley wrote:
Don't know how fun they are yellow http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=830+2855+839&pcatid=839

Those
Back to top Go down
doogan
Private First Class
Private First Class

Opinions wanted! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions wanted!   Opinions wanted! Icon_minitime12/17/2011, 9:33 pm

oh yes. those.
Hey, I have another need of opinion... I want to put a cory cay type fish in with my 6 jewels in a 55 gal tank to clean up the floor, is that a bad idea? i hate to sentence the poor fellow a life of getting hit butt kicked.
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

Opinions wanted! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions wanted!   Opinions wanted! Icon_minitime12/17/2011, 10:43 pm

I think your stock choices are a bit aggressive for cory cats.
Back to top Go down
lifeisgood
Captain
Captain
lifeisgood

Favorite Fish: : My Favorites are the Pleco's and Cory Cats . BUT , I have 44 running Tanks at this time . I keep 3 kinds of Shellies , several types of Pleco's ( mostly Ancistrus ), Cichlids , Crays , Angels , LB's , and some local species .

Opinions wanted! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions wanted!   Opinions wanted! Icon_minitime12/18/2011, 5:00 am

I have Cory Cats in with my Turquoise Jewels and they get along just fine. I have some "low lying " slate pieces for them to go under in the day light .My cory were in the tank before the Jewels so maybe that is why they get along . I also have cories in with my Carolina Swallowtail Peacocks .
Back to top Go down
doogan
Private First Class
Private First Class

Opinions wanted! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions wanted!   Opinions wanted! Icon_minitime12/18/2011, 1:51 pm

hmmm... so maybe it will work... maybe i should take a cory from my other tank and drop him in to see if he gets along before i buy new ones.... or would that be a bad idea? is it bad to mix fish from tanks for fear of spreading something unknown?
Back to top Go down
lifeisgood
Captain
Captain
lifeisgood

Favorite Fish: : My Favorites are the Pleco's and Cory Cats . BUT , I have 44 running Tanks at this time . I keep 3 kinds of Shellies , several types of Pleco's ( mostly Ancistrus ), Cichlids , Crays , Angels , LB's , and some local species .

Opinions wanted! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions wanted!   Opinions wanted! Icon_minitime12/18/2011, 2:17 pm

that is a matter of opinion . Some say yes , some say no . Personally i move my fish around a lot . But then I know my fish are healthy . I never introduce new fishes until they have spent at least 3 weeks in a QT .
Back to top Go down
doogan
Private First Class
Private First Class

Opinions wanted! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions wanted!   Opinions wanted! Icon_minitime12/18/2011, 2:24 pm

i only have 2 tanks... I have had them for long time and i am 99% sure they are all healthy but theres alot i dont know yet and i hate to move something from one tank to another if one tank is immune and the other isnt or something weird like that
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Opinions wanted! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions wanted!   Opinions wanted! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Opinions wanted!
Page 1 of 1