UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Flippercon's electric blue 125

Go down 
+4
D'Claro
jaiko1975
strikingthematch
Flippercon
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Flippercon
Flippercon

Favorite Fish: : Electric Blue Rocio Octofasciata

Flippercon's electric blue 125 Empty
PostSubject: Flippercon's electric blue 125   Flippercon's electric blue 125 Icon_minitime10/7/2011, 8:32 pm

I haven't taken many pictures of this tank because i have been battling a fungus that came from a bn pleco that I didn't qt. Well after a few months of treatment and a sump upgrade (my first) I am happy with the tank and heaLth of the fish. So now I can share my tank with everyone. There is 6 ebjd,1 jd(spawned in house),1 female pink con,3 yoyo loatches,3 clown loaches, 1 marble loatch,2 tiger barbs, 2 tinfoil barbs ,and a bn pleco. I only have my camera phone so bare with me. There will be a lot more once I get a better camera.
Flippercon's electric blue 125 IMAG0028
Flippercon's electric blue 125 IMAG0024
Flippercon's electric blue 125 IMAG0025
Back to top Go down
strikingthematch
Captain
Captain
strikingthematch

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Stingrays, Arowana, Rams, and Angels

PostSubject: Re: Flippercon's electric blue 125   Flippercon's electric blue 125 Icon_minitime10/7/2011, 8:50 pm

Great looking tank. Out of all of them in there I thought that tank looked amazing when I saw it. Perfect dimensions for what is in there.
Fish looking happy as usually.
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

PostSubject: Re: Flippercon's electric blue 125   Flippercon's electric blue 125 Icon_minitime10/7/2011, 8:55 pm

strikingthematch wrote:
Great looking tank. Out of all of them in there I thought that tank looked amazing when I saw it. Perfect dimensions for what is in there.
Fish looking happy as usually.
Thanks it gone through a lot since you were here. I re did the full length spray bar and re directed them to spray left to right at the surface. Then the sump so I can atually say all tanks are filtering 10x over.
Back to top Go down
strikingthematch
Captain
Captain
strikingthematch

PostSubject: Re: Flippercon's electric blue 125   Flippercon's electric blue 125 Icon_minitime10/7/2011, 9:03 pm

Haha well all good changes! You are just like me. Always trying to rework something and get a little more out of it. I am sure that by now Home Depot thinks I build PVC pipe bombs, after all of the PVC I have hauled out of that store...
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

PostSubject: Re: Flippercon's electric blue 125   Flippercon's electric blue 125 Icon_minitime10/7/2011, 9:06 pm

strikingthematch wrote:
Haha well all good changes! You are just like me. Always trying to rework something and get a little more out of it. I am sure that by now Home Depot thinks I build PVC pipe bombs, after all of the PVC I have hauled out of that store...
Tell me about it , the people in the plumbing department know me pretty well from going in there so many times. Plumbing trips are never a one time deal. Lol
Back to top Go down
strikingthematch
Captain
Captain
strikingthematch

PostSubject: Re: Flippercon's electric blue 125   Flippercon's electric blue 125 Icon_minitime10/7/2011, 9:07 pm

Nope that's for sure!
Back to top Go down
jaiko1975
jaiko1975

PostSubject: Re: Flippercon's electric blue 125   Flippercon's electric blue 125 Icon_minitime10/8/2011, 10:05 am

omg those are nice i only have reg jd
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

PostSubject: Re: Flippercon's electric blue 125   Flippercon's electric blue 125 Icon_minitime10/8/2011, 10:08 am

Yes they are but hard to find over 3" because they are not as hardy as their counterpart under three inches. They also grow at half the rate.
Back to top Go down
D'Claro
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
D'Claro

PostSubject: Re: Flippercon's electric blue 125   Flippercon's electric blue 125 Icon_minitime10/8/2011, 6:05 pm

Good job growing the EBJDs so big! Flippercon's electric blue 125 393849
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

PostSubject: Re: Flippercon's electric blue 125   Flippercon's electric blue 125 Icon_minitime10/8/2011, 10:06 pm

D'Claro wrote:
Good job growing the EBJDs so big! Flippercon's electric blue 125 393849
Thanks a bunch but I did buy ten in total. 1 was already 6" and the rest were between 1"-2". The rest died of the normal Ebjd curse. They were fine and healthy with no signs of stress or illness and I would find them dead with no nipped fins or anything out of the ordinary.
Back to top Go down
jason_nj
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Flippercon's electric blue 125   Flippercon's electric blue 125 Icon_minitime10/8/2011, 11:19 pm

Awesome. I know blues are usually not as aggressive, how do they all get along in there?
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

PostSubject: Re: Flippercon's electric blue 125   Flippercon's electric blue 125 Icon_minitime10/8/2011, 11:40 pm

Pretty good. The biggest is 7" and the smallest is 3" I did have one a bit smaller but it got picked on because it was too small. The dithers don't seem to matter the biggest blue will kill a tiger barb once in a blue moon lol! Other then that they semi school for the most part.

Last edited by Flippercon on 10/10/2011, 7:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tbarnwell
Sergeant
Sergeant
tbarnwell

Favorite Fish: : Angels, Show guppies, Red Zebra Mbunas
Jack Dempsey's

PostSubject: Re: Flippercon's electric blue 125   Flippercon's electric blue 125 Icon_minitime10/9/2011, 5:34 am

Wow nice tank, love the set up.
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

Favorite Fish: : Venustus and Catfish

PostSubject: Re: Flippercon's electric blue 125   Flippercon's electric blue 125 Icon_minitime10/9/2011, 6:33 am

Looks nice hope to see this in person one of these days.
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

PostSubject: Re: Flippercon's electric blue 125   Flippercon's electric blue 125 Icon_minitime10/9/2011, 6:39 am

Thanks tbarnwell, @ben let me know when your down here next you are welcome to come by and see the tanks.
Back to top Go down
Meredith
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Meredith

Favorite Fish: : As far as fresh water goes, it's Bettas!
For marine fish; Firefish, Cardinalfish, Gobies, Dragonets, and Sharks...

PostSubject: Re: Flippercon's electric blue 125   Flippercon's electric blue 125 Icon_minitime10/10/2011, 1:06 pm

Beautiful set up Flippercon!
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

PostSubject: Re: Flippercon's electric blue 125   Flippercon's electric blue 125 Icon_minitime10/10/2011, 8:13 pm

Meredith wrote:
Beautiful set up Flippercon!
Thanks my goal is to get a bigger tank and house as many as I can. Regular jds can live 20+ years so I would shave some years off but its a work in progress.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flippercon's electric blue 125   Flippercon's electric blue 125 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flippercon's electric blue 125
Page 1 of 1