UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

German Blue v/s Electric Blue Rams

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Elrollo
Major
Major
Elrollo

Favorite Fish: : Blue Acaras...first fish I ever breed still have a soft spot for them

German Blue v/s Electric Blue Rams Empty
PostSubject: German Blue v/s Electric Blue Rams   German Blue v/s Electric Blue Rams Icon_minitime12/16/2010, 7:05 am

On black friday I purchased 5 german rams and 5 electric blue rams. My German blues have almost doubled in size while the electric blues are staying about the same size as when I purchased them. Feeding frozen brine, frozen blood worm, flake and the occasional hikari chiclid pellet..all fish are eating and acting fine. Tank gets waterchanges of 25% 2x a week. Water parameters all look good. I am just wondering if this is normal or If anyone else has heard of this with the Electric blues growing so slowly.
Back to top Go down
jessecichlidguy
jessecichlidguy

Favorite Fish: : cichlids cichlids cichlids

PostSubject: Re: German Blue v/s Electric Blue Rams   German Blue v/s Electric Blue Rams Icon_minitime12/16/2010, 9:15 am

i have had my elec blues for a few months now and they just barely doubled in size so there really isnt anything to worry about the only thing i have seen is the aggression towards eachother ive noticed mine fighting quit abit and scooped one off the bottom after losing a fight i guess which is really weird cuz i thought they were peaceful fish
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: German Blue v/s Electric Blue Rams   German Blue v/s Electric Blue Rams Icon_minitime12/16/2010, 9:21 am

No males will kill each other for territory. Usually 1 male to 2 females.
Back to top Go down
bcijoe
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1
bcijoe

Favorite Fish: : Betta, Pacu, Clown Loach, Alfbn Pleco, Yellow Fin Barb (Lemon Barb), White Fin Rosy Tetra, Congo Tetra, more

PostSubject: Re: German Blue v/s Electric Blue Rams   German Blue v/s Electric Blue Rams Icon_minitime12/16/2010, 10:20 am

interesting... where did you get the electric blues?

in my experience with selectively breeding reptiles, usually special traits are sometimes defects or weak genes and to further breed them out to intensify that will make a weaker, smaller animal more susceptible to issues, stress, etc.

chances are they may grow slower or just start out real slow... but still wanna see them!

I have 8 blue rams in a 40 breeder and slowly I lost a female, then about 3 males in a row.. now only like 1.3 left or so.. still waiting!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: German Blue v/s Electric Blue Rams   German Blue v/s Electric Blue Rams Icon_minitime12/16/2010, 10:27 am

I can't keep a ram alive over 3 months. Usually 2 weeks so I don't mess with them anymore.
Back to top Go down
Elrollo
Major
Major
Elrollo

Favorite Fish: : Blue Acaras...first fish I ever breed still have a soft spot for them

PostSubject: Re: German Blue v/s Electric Blue Rams   German Blue v/s Electric Blue Rams Icon_minitime12/16/2010, 10:30 am

Local Pet store had some.....the tank was marked cardinal tetras...took all 5 electrics home for $12-40% black friday deal other rams were just 40% off but had real nice color and finage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: German Blue v/s Electric Blue Rams   German Blue v/s Electric Blue Rams Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

German Blue v/s Electric Blue Rams
Page 1 of 1