UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

German Blue Rams

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SchutzhundJunkie
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
SchutzhundJunkie

Favorite Fish: : I really love the big boys, but I have a place in my heart for all fish. I guess my current favorite is my Chocolate (turning Orange) Oranda.

German Blue Rams Empty
PostSubject: German Blue Rams   German Blue Rams Icon_minitime3/10/2011, 1:11 pm

After loosing my puffers a couple weeks back I had an empty tank. I did a water change and put a couple test fish in (along with 2 chunks of drift wood and 4 large plants more rocks etc). One fish is black shark that my lfs gave me. I know I will be moving him to a bigger tank pretty soon. He's doing great. The other fish is a fresh water flounder which I was told specifically was fw only- (not true BTW it is brackish) so I will be moving him to my brackish tank after a couple more weeks of quarantine. I was told to add melafix/pimafix as a precaution to the new fish so I have been doing it daily. I am running a HOB and a sponge with a power head. I also have been using- Mardel living nitrifying bacteria and enzymes daily (since I thought I may have killed off the good bacteria in the puffer tank). I also took fresh used HOB filter media out of our Zebra Cichlid tank to help jump start the tank redo when I did my last water change.

I had these two in my 20 gallon for about a week and everyone looks good. I added the dither fish (5 small solid black emporer tetras) on Monday and then last night I added 4 German Blue Rams (3 females and 1 male) the Rams were 50% off resulting in $5.98 each <<<so I couldn't pass them up>>>. Everyone seems happy. I think the Rams have paired up all ready. The male only allows one particular female to swim in his spot which is right in the front of the aquarium . So the other 2 females end up hanging out in the back.

My question is will he mate either of them or should I get another smaller aquarium and another male? My neighbor has a male that is 4 months older than mine so I may be able to give her one of the extra females. I really like these fish they are very beautiful.... The shark I swear is in love with the new male and female pair- he hangs out with them (probably waiting for them to lay eggs) but right now they look like buddies.

My water is as follows;

82-84 F
low nitrate/nitrite
100ish hardness
160 alkalinity
6.5-6.8 PH

They are eating well dry & frozen. I plan on doing a 30% water change on Saturday btw.

Thx- Julie
Back to top Go down
Dan W.
Sergeant
Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : To many to list but mostly Cichlids

German Blue Rams Empty
PostSubject: Re: German Blue Rams   German Blue Rams Icon_minitime3/10/2011, 3:26 pm

Not a professional on rams but I would leave all three females as bet the male will take turns and that will give the female he's in love with a little rest after spawning.
Agree the shark would love to have fresh eggs to eat. lol
Back to top Go down

German Blue Rams
Page 1 of 1