UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

electric blue rams secrets

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mustang45692
Private
Private

electric blue rams secrets Empty
PostSubject: electric blue rams secrets   electric blue rams secrets Icon_minitime7/26/2011, 9:06 am

anybody got any guide lines on keeping ebr's? just got to pairs that i want to breed. seen all kinds of advice, ph down to 4.5 water hardness at 10ppm, what is the facts?
Back to top Go down
sherrf1
Private First Class
Private First Class
sherrf1

Favorite Fish: : Saltwater- I have a 28 gal Nano reef setup

Bettas

125 gal freshwater tank with tetras and angelfish

electric blue rams secrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: electric blue rams secrets   electric blue rams secrets Icon_minitime7/26/2011, 12:35 pm

I have bred EBRs for almost a year now and the secret to breeding them seems to be moving them to a new tank, or having a resting tank for one fish from each pair. If kept together in the same tank all the time, they will only spawn occasionally. When they are moved to a new tank, I almost always get a spawn within 48 hours. Also, feeding brine shrimp and blood worms (frozen is fine) once a day helps. They can be very sensitive, if you notice a disease (ICK) treat it aggressively and quickly or you risk losing them.
Back to top Go down

electric blue rams secrets
Page 1 of 1