UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Fishless or Fish-in cycling.

Go down 
+9
ornate12
Ryan H
jessecichlidguy
Ben
Kasshan
elfwolfe
Keelo
strikingthematch
williemcd
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
williemcd
Major
Major
williemcd

Favorite Fish: : Angels and hopefully soon Discus

Fishless or Fish-in cycling. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Fishless or Fish-in cycling.   Fishless or Fish-in cycling. - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/3/2011, 10:08 am

First topic message reminder :

I admit, I'm a big proponent of cycling a tank with fish. I too admit, I've not tried fish-less cycling. One member on here just asked me if I had tried fish-less and I responded in this manner:
No I haven't because: 1. I'm a bit too impatient and 2. I believe fish poo is a vital element in establishing the elements of the bio's. Poo=ammonia+bacteria=Nitrite+bacteria=Nitrates. Plus plants using the ammonia (best ammonia reduction tool).. plus using some of the Nitrates and creating CO2. Where am I going off course in this?

Fishless cycling: (Fill in the blank)...
Bill
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Kasshan
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5

PostSubject: Re: Fishless or Fish-in cycling.   Fishless or Fish-in cycling. - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/4/2011, 2:14 am

a tank is always "cycling". the basic integration of scientific principals of chemical energy transfer can apply to a physics analogy. a brand spanking new Fly-wheel needs to rev up the rpms to get the cycle goin. whether u use a hand powered crank shaft or a gas powered turbine or an electric powered turbine. all in all once u build up to the right rpms the momentum takes the same amount energy for all the machines to maintain. The Deciding factors are: time, or preference, or being a PETA hippie, or being a cruel Fascist, or six or half a dozen. lol different means but always the same End Fishless or Fish-in cycling. - Page 2 422518 Fishless or Fish-in cycling. - Page 2 196631

Last edited by Kasshan on 4/4/2011, 2:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kasshan
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Kasshan

Favorite Fish: : Kribensis

PostSubject: Re: Fishless or Fish-in cycling.   Fishless or Fish-in cycling. - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/4/2011, 2:18 am

i wonder if i could squeeze my filter sponge and sell tht as live bacteria boosters in a bottle for 20$... hmmmmm $$$

jk
Back to top Go down
williemcd
Major
Major
williemcd

Favorite Fish: : Angels and hopefully soon Discus

PostSubject: Re: Fishless or Fish-in cycling.   Fishless or Fish-in cycling. - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/4/2011, 4:18 am

Kass,,,who's supplying you with your stash?....
lol!

Maybe I could supply ya with a urine sample!.. LOL.. Take care my friends.. and lets let this horse RIP.. Bill
Back to top Go down
James0816
Captain
Captain
James0816

Favorite Fish: : Stingrays
Otocinclus Catfish
Kuhli Loaches

PostSubject: Re: Fishless or Fish-in cycling.   Fishless or Fish-in cycling. - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/4/2011, 8:26 am

This is why I always have a spare filter running on a tank. No need to spend countless $$ on products when you already most likely have it in your house by way of a cycled tank.

- Move the already established filter (or in my case just the filter media) to the new tank. Replace the filter media and have it started and ready for next time. You never know when you or someone else will be starting a tank and this is the best way to get it going. Done deal.

Otherwise, just get a single large prawn shrimp from the grocer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fishless or Fish-in cycling.   Fishless or Fish-in cycling. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fishless or Fish-in cycling.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2