UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLog inRegisterFAQ
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Fishless cycle using raw shrimp question.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Russ722
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : Anything with fins

Fishless cycle using raw shrimp question. Empty
PostSubject: Fishless cycle using raw shrimp question.   Fishless cycle using raw shrimp question. Icon_minitime2/27/2012, 5:30 pm

Last monday i started my fishless cycle using shrimp. The amonia level jumped up to the 4.0-8.0 range 2 days ago and hasnt changed. Reason i say 4.0-8.0 the color on the amonia test card is so close its hard to tell.

My question is when do i remove the shrimp? If i leave it in wouldnt it remain high,until its taken out?
Back to top Go down
Russ722
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Fishless cycle using raw shrimp question.   Fishless cycle using raw shrimp question. Icon_minitime2/28/2012, 6:14 am

anybody?
Back to top Go down
James0816
Captain
Captain
James0816

Favorite Fish: : Stingrays
Otocinclus Catfish
Kuhli Loaches

PostSubject: Re: Fishless cycle using raw shrimp question.   Fishless cycle using raw shrimp question. Icon_minitime2/28/2012, 9:43 am

Once you get your big spike, the shrimp should be fuzzy. That's when you want to pull it out. Hope you used something like panty hose with it to make it easier to remove? ;oP
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

Favorite Fish: : Electric Blue Rocio Octofasciata

PostSubject: Re: Fishless cycle using raw shrimp question.   Fishless cycle using raw shrimp question. Icon_minitime2/28/2012, 10:30 am

I would try to keep the levels under 6 ppm. The cycle can take longer at such a high rate. If you use pure ammonia and dose 2ppm everyday and once you notice you can convert that 2ppm in 24 hours you should be good. The next step in the cycle can take up to three weeks. Waterchanges are encouraged to keep the levels under 6ppm.

**********USAfishbox.com*************

My Tanks
https://www.youtube.com/user/flippercon84/videos
Back to top Go down
Russ722
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Fishless cycle using raw shrimp question.   Fishless cycle using raw shrimp question. Icon_minitime2/28/2012, 10:40 am

Thanks for the replys guys the shrimp is in panty hose all fuzzed up with white fungus over it i guess
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fishless cycle using raw shrimp question.   Fishless cycle using raw shrimp question. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fishless cycle using raw shrimp question.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UsaFishBox :: :: SaltWater Aquaria :: General Saltwater Disc.-
Jump to: