UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Should I use a power head too?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TanyaQ2000
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
TanyaQ2000

Favorite Fish: : Discus, mollies, dojos & oscars

Should I use a power head too? Empty
PostSubject: Should I use a power head too?   Should I use a power head too? Icon_minitime9/27/2009, 4:19 pm

I have an Eclipse II system for my 22 gallon tank and I'm wondering if I should also purchase a power head for water movement. I do not plan to have any air pumps unless I purchase the Hydor Ario internal pump which I may do. The Eclipse system is designed to be everything you need but those with experience may disagree. I appreciate any suggestions.
Back to top Go down
nitty
nitty

Favorite Fish: : Mine:
110gal. Eclectochromis Lobochilus Hertae
56gal. Neolamprologus Brichardi

PostSubject: Re: Should I use a power head too?   Should I use a power head too? Icon_minitime9/27/2009, 4:36 pm

A Koralia ONE would be perfect for a 22 gallon. It's small and compact and the best thing about it, it uses a magnet for hook-up. So you can put it anywhere.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should I use a power head too?   Should I use a power head too? Icon_minitime9/28/2009, 8:25 am

I moved you post so you will get more answers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should I use a power head too?   Should I use a power head too? Icon_minitime10/18/2009, 9:34 pm

nitty wrote:
A Koralia ONE would be perfect for a 22 gallon. It's small and compact and the best thing about it, it uses a magnet for hook-up. So you can put it anywhere.

Should I use a power head too? 858205

could also use a couple of koralia nanos (one on each end of the tank)
Back to top Go down
TanyaQ2000
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
TanyaQ2000

PostSubject: Re: Should I use a power head too?   Should I use a power head too? Icon_minitime10/18/2009, 11:25 pm

i purchased a k1 today for $10 from a CL seller - had to clean it up since it had been used in salt but it looks great and i can't wait to hook it up - thank you Nitty for the suggestion as i had no idea this product existed until you replied - to get the 1 for $10 was a steal as i was going to buy a nano for $22 plus shipping - again, thank you Should I use a power head too? 393849
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should I use a power head too?   Should I use a power head too? Icon_minitime10/22/2009, 2:07 pm

TanyaQ2000 wrote:
i purchased a k1 today for $10 from a CL seller - had to clean it up since it had been used in salt but it looks great and i can't wait to hook it up - thank you Nitty for the suggestion as i had no idea this product existed until you replied - to get the 1 for $10 was a steal as i was going to buy a nano for $22 plus shipping - again, thank you Should I use a power head too? 393849

i paid 59 + tax for my kk4 and i still need another, i keep finding them for 30 from individuals but they never return queries (at least not until after they have already sold it mad crazy )
Back to top Go down
TanyaQ2000
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
TanyaQ2000

PostSubject: Re: Should I use a power head too?   Should I use a power head too? Icon_minitime10/22/2009, 4:29 pm

I was able to buy a K1 for $10 over the weekend - came from salt but we cleaned off the algae and it works great - I got very lucky - probably only needed a nano but for $10, I'll take the bigger size

Thank you Nitty for the suggestion as I had not looked at these til you replied here good
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should I use a power head too?   Should I use a power head too? Icon_minitime10/22/2009, 4:37 pm

TanyaQ2000 wrote:
I was able to buy a K1 for $10 over the weekend - came from salt but we cleaned off the algae and it works great - I got very lucky - probably only needed a nano but for $10, I'll take the bigger size

Thank you Nitty for the suggestion as I had not looked at these til you replied here good

the koralias are teh best bang for teh buck IMHO (sure beate teh crazy prices for teh tunze units). one thing i like is the koralias are great for saltwater meaning you could change to salt one day and use that koralia in a small saltwater tank. another big thing (for me anyway) is that i dont have to put an ugly peice of foam on the koralias which will clod up and cause water quality to go down (alot of powerheads require foam on them when use in saltwater tanks to keep snails and anemones out of them)
Back to top Go down
TanyaQ2000
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
TanyaQ2000

PostSubject: Re: Should I use a power head too?   Should I use a power head too? Icon_minitime10/22/2009, 4:42 pm

my former boss had 2 salt tanks (1 at the office and 1 at home) and although they are beautiful with amazing creatures, I cannot afford the upkeep or the loss of life when the fish die for no apparent reason. so it will almost always be fresh for me unless i hit the lottery
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should I use a power head too?   Should I use a power head too? Icon_minitime10/22/2009, 5:00 pm

TanyaQ2000 wrote:
my former boss had 2 salt tanks (1 at the office and 1 at home) and although they are beautiful with amazing creatures, I cannot afford the upkeep or the loss of life when the fish die for no apparent reason. so it will almost always be fresh for me unless i hit the lottery

just an FYI lol! i have a 90 gallon salt tank and i am currently unemployed, it is really not as expensive as everyone thinks (unless you get into keeping the rare and exotic corals and fish). the most expensive peices for a FOWLR tank is the live rock

the most expensive items for a tank that will house nems, most corals, and fish are the protein skimmer (coralife super skimmers 200.00 or less the 3 models are 65, 125, 220. 220 being most expensive rated for 220 gallons and the 65 being the cheapest rated for 65 gallon tank), lighting (T5 HO fixture can be got for 300.00 and under (300.00 unit would be a used 8 bulb unit with moonlights), and of course your liverock which depending on where you get it is 2.50 to 8.50 a lb (online from individuals get it for 2.50 to 3.50 a lb while lfs sell it for 6.99 to 8.00 a lb)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should I use a power head too?   Should I use a power head too? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Should I use a power head too?
Page 1 of 1