UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

power output of a emperor 400

Go down 
+2
dano
Holey Rock of Texas
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

power output of a emperor 400 Empty
PostSubject: power output of a emperor 400   power output of a emperor 400 Icon_minitime12/3/2010, 10:37 pm

i was wondering how many watts this filter uses per hour?

Last edited by Holey Rock of Texas on 7/11/2012, 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dano
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
dano

PostSubject: Re: power output of a emperor 400   power output of a emperor 400 Icon_minitime12/3/2010, 11:03 pm

It uses the 110 volts supplied from your wall plug.....I have several 400s and I have never checked the wattage or amps required by the motor......I don't have the boxes or instructions any more, but you may find this info printed somewhere on the motor casing......
Back to top Go down
mrrondo
Private
Private
mrrondo

Favorite Fish: : all

PostSubject: Re: power output of a emperor 400   power output of a emperor 400 Icon_minitime2/22/2011, 6:49 am

power output of a emperor 400 265353 [b][i] Electrical usage isn't measured in volts. It's measured in watts. You can use all the volts you want, but it's the wattage you get charged for. Your electric provider charges per thousand watts used (kilo-watt).To find the wattage of any electrical device, multiply amps x volts. this will give you the wattage . I believe the the emperor 400 is .16 amps. So .16 x 120 = 19.2 watts. In 52.1 hrs you would use 1 kilo-watt. Find out what your electrical rate is and that will tell you how much it costs you to operate it for 52 hrs. In WI. it .12 cents a kilo-watt hr. So it would cost me $1.65 a month to operate it.

Last edited by mrrondo on 2/22/2011, 6:53 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mis-spell)
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: power output of a emperor 400   power output of a emperor 400 Icon_minitime2/22/2011, 7:02 am

Nice cAlculations. So HRT you can afford an emp 400 running
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: power output of a emperor 400   power output of a emperor 400 Icon_minitime2/22/2011, 9:03 am

so like 12 emps plus lights heaters etc. these tanks cost lol.
Back to top Go down
jessecichlidguy
jessecichlidguy

Favorite Fish: : cichlids cichlids cichlids

PostSubject: Re: power output of a emperor 400   power output of a emperor 400 Icon_minitime2/22/2011, 9:15 am

im putting out like $360.00 a month in electricity and only making 100 on fish sales whats the problem here
Back to top Go down
Elrollo
Major
Major
Elrollo

Favorite Fish: : Blue Acaras...first fish I ever breed still have a soft spot for them

PostSubject: Re: power output of a emperor 400   power output of a emperor 400 Icon_minitime2/22/2011, 10:40 am

This gives a run down of a couple different filters
http://www.newworldcichlids.com/acpower.htm
Back to top Go down
mrrondo
Private
Private
mrrondo

PostSubject: Re: power output of a emperor 400   power output of a emperor 400 Icon_minitime2/22/2011, 12:28 pm

jessecichlidguy wrote:
im putting out like $360.00 a month in electricity and only making 100 on fish sales whats the problem here
YOU'RE NOT SELLING ENOUGH FISH!
Actually you can buy a watt hour meter for around 30 dollars and plug your devices in it to see which ones are costing you the most. And go from there. Or check out the amperage on each on and do the math.
amps x volts = watts.

Last edited by mrrondo on 2/22/2011, 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mis-spell)
Back to top Go down
mrrondo
Private
Private
mrrondo

PostSubject: Re: power output of a emperor 400   power output of a emperor 400 Icon_minitime2/22/2011, 12:53 pm

Elrollo wrote:
This gives a run down of a couple different filters
http://www.newworldcichlids.com/acpower.htm
just checked his chart, it's flawed...
He has on one line: 7watts, .11 amps. wrong
to find amps, you divide watts by voltage.
therefore 7watts divided by 120 volts =.058 amps
I have an emperor 400 filter. and it clearly states on the bottom .16 amps 120 volts which =19.2 watts
Back to top Go down
Elrollo
Major
Major
Elrollo

Favorite Fish: : Blue Acaras...first fish I ever breed still have a soft spot for them

PostSubject: Re: power output of a emperor 400   power output of a emperor 400 Icon_minitime2/25/2011, 2:16 am

Just saw it up there looks like he just carried the info down for the emperor 280....really Jessie it probably is not your filters raising the cost...look at heater 150-400 watts and lights most are 20-40 watts for satandard and t-5 are another 20% pcs are almost another 50%. Check into going off an airpump with sponges 25-65 watts to filter all your tanks lol

Hopefully leds come down in price that would rock 5 watt lights= 80 watts of t-12 bulbs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: power output of a emperor 400   power output of a emperor 400 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

power output of a emperor 400
Page 1 of 1