UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

New Crayfish found

Go down 
+8
Terry
ornate12
TankGirl
Shaysfishys
D'Claro
aleta
scottyofala
strawman1985
12 posters
AuthorMessage
strawman1985
strawman1985

Favorite Fish: : Jack Dempsey...Red Tail Shark... Severum... Raphael Cat...Cardinals...Cory's... Hy511's There are many more as well

New Crayfish found Empty
PostSubject: New Crayfish found   New Crayfish found Icon_minitime1/20/2011, 10:06 am

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/oukoe_uk_crayfish_giant
Back to top Go down
scottyofala
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
scottyofala

Favorite Fish: : angels, discus, fronts,plecos,and well i just like them all!!!!!!

New Crayfish found Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Crayfish found   New Crayfish found Icon_minitime1/20/2011, 11:17 am

5 inches is not a big crawldaddy.....ask cajungator. interresting story though. thanks for posting it.
Back to top Go down
strawman1985
strawman1985

Favorite Fish: : Jack Dempsey...Red Tail Shark... Severum... Raphael Cat...Cardinals...Cory's... Hy511's There are many more as well

New Crayfish found Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Crayfish found   New Crayfish found Icon_minitime1/20/2011, 11:20 am

I was thinking thas not huge either but oh well lol
Back to top Go down
aleta
Private
Private
aleta

Favorite Fish: : african cichlids,frontosa,

New Crayfish found Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Crayfish found   New Crayfish found Icon_minitime1/20/2011, 11:31 am

yeh, interesting story, but truth be told our crayfish is 5' also
Back to top Go down
D'Claro
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
D'Claro

New Crayfish found Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Crayfish found   New Crayfish found Icon_minitime1/20/2011, 11:51 am

lol! Good points, folks!
The point of the article, though, was to note that a new species of crawfish was discovered in a place that had already been highly explored. Discovering new species in highly populated areas is unusual, and that was the point of the excitement over the discovery. I don't think they were saying, "this is the biggest crawfish ever!"
aleta wrote:
Not five feet I hope!
Back to top Go down
Shaysfishys
Captain
Captain
Shaysfishys

Favorite Fish: : Just about all of them!!

New Crayfish found Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Crayfish found   New Crayfish found Icon_minitime1/20/2011, 12:05 pm

Interesting article - wasn't thinkin' that was huge for a crawdad myself because even up here in the PNW we get some good sized crawdads.
Back to top Go down
TankGirl
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
TankGirl

Favorite Fish: : Lake Tanganyikan cichlids

New Crayfish found Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Crayfish found   New Crayfish found Icon_minitime1/20/2011, 1:58 pm

I think it is cool that there can be a NEW species found in an area where people commonly collect specimens - where has it been hiding? It makes you wonder how many other animal species we have not yet identified in our own country. So when you find a cool critter, get a pic - maybe they'll name it after you! lol!
Back to top Go down
ornate12
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
ornate12

Favorite Fish: : Ornate Bichirs, Synodontis Angelicus, Filamentosus barb,
Aristochromis Christyi, Ptychochromis Grandidieri and all other Madagascar cichlids.

New Crayfish found Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Crayfish found   New Crayfish found Icon_minitime1/20/2011, 2:23 pm

You all know how we feel about Crawfish down here in Louisiana! LOL

yes yes
Back to top Go down
Terry
Captain
Captain
Terry

New Crayfish found Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Crayfish found   New Crayfish found Icon_minitime1/20/2011, 2:47 pm

Yummy lets boil em up.
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Favorite Fish: : Africans, Peacocks, Catfish.. pertty much everything that has fins and tail...

New Crayfish found Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Crayfish found   New Crayfish found Icon_minitime1/20/2011, 3:11 pm

D'Claro wrote:
lol! Good points, folks!
The point of the article, though, was to note that a new species of crawfish was discovered in a place that had already been highly explored. Discovering new species in highly populated areas is unusual, and that was the point of the excitement over the discovery. I don't think they were saying, "this is the biggest crawfish ever!"
aleta wrote:
Not five feet I hope!

New Crayfish found 858205 New Crayfish found 858205
Back to top Go down
Petersmonkey
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Petersmonkey

Favorite Fish: : Angels

New Crayfish found Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Crayfish found   New Crayfish found Icon_minitime1/20/2011, 4:35 pm

I want one...
Back to top Go down
mike205
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
mike205

Favorite Fish: : peacocks and koi

New Crayfish found Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Crayfish found   New Crayfish found Icon_minitime1/20/2011, 6:06 pm

tasty LoL
Back to top Go down
2SciCrazed
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
2SciCrazed

Favorite Fish: : Anything that's not belly up!

New Crayfish found Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Crayfish found   New Crayfish found Icon_minitime1/20/2011, 6:40 pm

I'd like a 5' one too! affraid
Back to top Go down

New Crayfish found Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Crayfish found   New Crayfish found Icon_minitime1/20/2011, 6:58 pm

It's so true North America has quite a range of aquatic animals yet they are considered inferior to tropicals. Take a look at some of our sunfish in North America beautiful and can be kept in aquariums.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Crayfish found Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Crayfish found   New Crayfish found Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Crayfish found
Page 1 of 1