UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Marbled Crayfish?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
elfwolfe
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
elfwolfe

Favorite Fish: : graduating from community fish to aggressive fish (cichlids), but will always have a soft spot for my krbs and betta's.

Marbled Crayfish? Empty
PostSubject: Marbled Crayfish?   Marbled Crayfish? Icon_minitime8/28/2010, 7:34 pm

anyone have these before? I normally get shrimp (I love bottom feeders!) and now that I have fish that are larger than guppies and mollies, I think they (the fish) would not become "snacks" if I put a crayfish in there. But since I know NOTHING about them, wanted to get feedback from my new favorte forum!
Marbled Crayfish? 2Marbled Crayfish? 1
Back to top Go down

Marbled Crayfish? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marbled Crayfish?   Marbled Crayfish? Icon_minitime8/28/2010, 7:38 pm

There are quite a few people on here who have them and a few sell them from time to time Marbled Crayfish? 393849
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

Marbled Crayfish? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marbled Crayfish?   Marbled Crayfish? Icon_minitime8/28/2010, 9:48 pm

check with bushynosedude... he raises them and has much information.
Back to top Go down
metrofish
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
metrofish

Marbled Crayfish? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marbled Crayfish?   Marbled Crayfish? Icon_minitime8/28/2010, 10:19 pm

go to http://www.marbledcrayfish.com/marbledcrayfish/Welcome.html
Back to top Go down
elfwolfe
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
elfwolfe

Favorite Fish: : graduating from community fish to aggressive fish (cichlids), but will always have a soft spot for my krbs and betta's.

Marbled Crayfish? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marbled Crayfish?   Marbled Crayfish? Icon_minitime8/28/2010, 10:23 pm

metrofish wrote:

yep, that is where they will come from Marbled Crayfish? 2 I saw his ad on CL and checked out the site before emailing him.
Back to top Go down
typicaltony
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Marbled Crayfish? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marbled Crayfish?   Marbled Crayfish? Icon_minitime8/28/2010, 10:25 pm

They will eat your plants and if the fish is slow, they will eat the fish too.
Back to top Go down
typicaltony
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Marbled Crayfish? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marbled Crayfish?   Marbled Crayfish? Icon_minitime8/28/2010, 10:27 pm

elfwolfe wrote:
metrofish wrote:

yep, that is where they will come from Marbled Crayfish? 2 I saw his ad on CL and checked out the site before emailing him.

His stuff are wayy overpriced... these crayfish are very common nowaday, I can give you one or two for free if you like.
Back to top Go down
metrofish
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
metrofish

Marbled Crayfish? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marbled Crayfish?   Marbled Crayfish? Icon_minitime8/28/2010, 10:45 pm

Yes he is priceys. she needed info, and yes all dfw has the blue crays from bushynosedude

typicaltony wrote:
elfwolfe wrote:
metrofish wrote:

His stuff are wayy overpriced... these crayfish are very common nowaday, I can give you one or two for free if you like.
Back to top Go down
elfwolfe
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
elfwolfe

Marbled Crayfish? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marbled Crayfish?   Marbled Crayfish? Icon_minitime8/28/2010, 10:49 pm

that would be aweome! They should leave my cichlids alone right (smallest fish is 2 1/2 inches and those are peacocks)? Also, one other question- I have 3 clams in my 20 gal, would I be able to put any in there or should I not? I love keeping bottom feeders, and always looking for something different. I am wanting to expand to something other than plecos and cats.
Back to top Go down
typicaltony
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Marbled Crayfish? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marbled Crayfish?   Marbled Crayfish? Icon_minitime8/28/2010, 10:52 pm

crayfish are known as scavengers so they will pretty much eat anything...Like I said earlier if the fish is slow these guys will tear them up and eventually eat them.

Last edited by typicaltony on 8/28/2010, 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
elfwolfe
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
elfwolfe

Marbled Crayfish? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marbled Crayfish?   Marbled Crayfish? Icon_minitime8/28/2010, 10:53 pm

metrofish wrote:
and yes all dfw has the blue crays from bushynosedude

Are blue crays the same as marbled crays?
Back to top Go down
elfwolfe
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
elfwolfe

Marbled Crayfish? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marbled Crayfish?   Marbled Crayfish? Icon_minitime8/28/2010, 10:54 pm

typicaltony wrote:
crayfish are known as scavengers so they will pretty much eat anything... how big is the tank? Like I said earlier if the fish is slow these guys will tear them up and eventually eat them.

I would put them in the 275 gal tank.
Back to top Go down
Jeepluv77
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Jeepluv77

Favorite Fish: : Species I've kept: Freshwater- Dwarf puffers and clown loaches. Saltwater- Volitans and Snowflake Moray

Species I'd love to keep one day- Freshwater- Rays. Saltwater- Bamboo/Cat Sharks

Marbled Crayfish? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marbled Crayfish?   Marbled Crayfish? Icon_minitime8/28/2010, 11:25 pm

I've got to get one of these girls! I saw where it appears they can reproduce rapidly. Is it difficult to find homes for the babies or is there a decent demand for them? What types of fish would be ideal for them? Are they nocturnal? I had a blue cray before. Jacques never chased my fish, finding it much easier to pick them off as they rested at the bottom at night. Is there a particular species that is large enough to discourage night time hunting but docile enough to not see her as dinner?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Marbled Crayfish? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marbled Crayfish?   Marbled Crayfish? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marbled Crayfish?
Page 1 of 1