UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

i got a 14 gallon complete for 40 bucks tonight

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
rustyx79
Private
Private
rustyx79

Favorite Fish: : catfish and cichlids

i got a 14 gallon complete for 40 bucks tonight Empty
PostSubject: i got a 14 gallon complete for 40 bucks tonight   i got a 14 gallon complete for 40 bucks tonight Icon_minitime1/8/2011, 11:32 pm

so i kinda getto rigged it and took of the top that came with it because i hate incandescent bulbs but i couldnt pass this up for only 40 bucks. and i got a bamboo plant to put in it. this will be my first planted.

i got a 14 gallon complete for 40 bucks tonight New_1410i got a 14 gallon complete for 40 bucks tonight New_1411i got a 14 gallon complete for 40 bucks tonight New_1412i got a 14 gallon complete for 40 bucks tonight New_1413i got a 14 gallon complete for 40 bucks tonight New_1414i got a 14 gallon complete for 40 bucks tonight New_1415i got a 14 gallon complete for 40 bucks tonight New_1416
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: i got a 14 gallon complete for 40 bucks tonight   i got a 14 gallon complete for 40 bucks tonight Icon_minitime1/8/2011, 11:51 pm

bamboos not aquatic and will die completely submerged I hate to tell you. They have screw in compact florescent bulbs for tank get some of them they make a BIG difference. I have one in my 5 gal hex betta tank.
Back to top Go down
rustyx79
Private
Private
rustyx79

Favorite Fish: : catfish and cichlids

PostSubject: Re: i got a 14 gallon complete for 40 bucks tonight   i got a 14 gallon complete for 40 bucks tonight Icon_minitime1/8/2011, 11:55 pm

owel if it dies it wont be the only plan in there and ill have to go look for some of those
Back to top Go down
Elrollo
Major
Major
Elrollo

Favorite Fish: : Blue Acaras...first fish I ever breed still have a soft spot for them

PostSubject: Re: i got a 14 gallon complete for 40 bucks tonight   i got a 14 gallon complete for 40 bucks tonight Icon_minitime1/9/2011, 1:01 am

Bamboo will grow out the top of the tank...mine seems to do pretty well submerged. You do want to take it out of the black plastic pot though it will damage and stunt the roots. I have mine towards the top of the tank in a ceramic flower pot. And 2 others that some mysterious cory's uprooted and are floating right now lol. Good looking tanks though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: i got a 14 gallon complete for 40 bucks tonight   i got a 14 gallon complete for 40 bucks tonight Icon_minitime1/9/2011, 7:57 am

If you don't have any jumpers you can plant the bamboo in a wine glass so that the top of it is out of the tank and it will grow just fine like that. As long as you have the tops out it should do ok!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: i got a 14 gallon complete for 40 bucks tonight   i got a 14 gallon complete for 40 bucks tonight Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

i got a 14 gallon complete for 40 bucks tonight
Page 1 of 1