UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

I need help/ideas

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
bastet56
Private First Class
Private First Class
bastet56

Favorite Fish: : dragon head goby

I need help/ideas Empty
PostSubject: I need help/ideas   I need help/ideas Icon_minitime1/6/2011, 11:12 am

Hey all, I need ideas, I am having new carpeting put in and have to move my tank for the day and am dreading it. I was thinking of getting a new garbage can and putting the heater, bubbler, water n fish in it for the day. Any other ideas? I REALLY do not want to screw up and lose my fish and it is COLD here. I know they will need the heater. Help anyone???
bastet56
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

I need help/ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need help/ideas   I need help/ideas Icon_minitime1/6/2011, 11:13 am

What size tank? what is the stock list?
Back to top Go down
Elrollo
Major
Major
Elrollo

Favorite Fish: : Blue Acaras...first fish I ever breed still have a soft spot for them

I need help/ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need help/ideas   I need help/ideas Icon_minitime1/6/2011, 11:17 am

you can do a garbage can, but I would recomend wraping it...they make hotwater heater blankets that would help insulate the trash can.....pour alll the water you can into the trash can and try to keep gravel and filter material wet to keep bacteria alive. Good luck with the new carpet.
Back to top Go down
Shaysfishys
Captain
Captain
Shaysfishys

Favorite Fish: : Just about all of them!!

I need help/ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need help/ideas   I need help/ideas Icon_minitime1/6/2011, 11:47 am

depending on fish, I've used the clear plastic totes in a pinch with heater & sponge filter
Back to top Go down

I need help/ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need help/ideas   I need help/ideas Icon_minitime1/6/2011, 3:19 pm

All of the above will work just fine
Back to top Go down
James0816
Captain
Captain
James0816

Favorite Fish: : Stingrays
Otocinclus Catfish
Kuhli Loaches

I need help/ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need help/ideas   I need help/ideas Icon_minitime1/7/2011, 6:54 am

I can tell you that the rubbermaid containers work well. I upgraded a 45g to a 55g and just transferred the entire contents into the rubbermaid and ran it like a normal tank with filter, heater and all. No issues.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I need help/ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need help/ideas   I need help/ideas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I need help/ideas
Page 1 of 1