UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Any Ideas??

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
wblueus
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : cichlids

Any Ideas?? Empty
PostSubject: Any Ideas??   Any Ideas?? Icon_minitime3/2/2012, 8:31 pm

heres what im facing in a couple days...I have 12 firemouth cichlids born jan 1st and still pretty much bite size. there in a 10 gal tank for growout but i have to move the tank out of the room its in and put the fish in the main tank a 55 gal with 4 adult firemouths , 3 SAE's and a chinese algae eater... My idea was to put them in my breeder net so they will be safe from the large fish but there prob gonna have to be in there another couple weeks its just a reg size net so im not sure if they will be able to stay in it that long???leaving them where they were for another couple weeks is not an option like i was hoping so any ideas on how i can make this work and prevent these little fish from getting eaten until they grow more????
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

Favorite Fish: : Electric Blue Rocio Octofasciata

Any Ideas?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Ideas??   Any Ideas?? Icon_minitime3/2/2012, 8:38 pm

you cant set up the 10 under the 55?
Back to top Go down
wblueus
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Any Ideas?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Ideas??   Any Ideas?? Icon_minitime3/2/2012, 8:47 pm

prob not i have a canister filter under it among other things
Back to top Go down
wblueus
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Any Ideas?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Ideas??   Any Ideas?? Icon_minitime3/2/2012, 9:01 pm

its possible i could move some things and put it underneth but im still trying to find another way so they can go in the main tank right now
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

Favorite Fish: : Electric Blue Rocio Octofasciata

Any Ideas?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Ideas??   Any Ideas?? Icon_minitime3/2/2012, 9:15 pm

Breeder nets are hit and miss. I have heard of people using them and the big fish don't eat them but they sure do kill them through the net. Try one of these out i found this at Care a lot pet supplies for around $12-$14. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3urMf6L66Y&feature=g-upl&context=G29d2cf9AUAAAAAAAVAA
I did not have the lid on it but there is one and they have plastic clips to hold it in place. Note** only the large one has the clips that hold the lid down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Any Ideas?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Ideas??   Any Ideas?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any Ideas??
Page 1 of 1