UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Info about books

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
parkmond131
Sergeant
Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : Peacock's & Haps for watching, "Flounder for eating" Yum

Info about books  Empty
PostSubject: Info about books    Info about books  Icon_minitime12/21/2010, 11:45 am

Hi all, Bought my 13 yr old daughter a 10 gallon kit for Christmas to keep at her mothers house. I will help her set it up and give any info she needs but would like to get her a aquarium starter book to have on hand, does anyone have any recommendations on a good one for a 13 yr old.

Not sure yet what she will stock it with, she already has a Beta tank.

Thanx and Merry Christmas all, JB H E L P !!
Back to top Go down
Elrollo
Major
Major
Elrollo

Favorite Fish: : Blue Acaras...first fish I ever breed still have a soft spot for them

Info about books  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Info about books    Info about books  Icon_minitime12/21/2010, 1:20 pm

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Freshwater-Aquariums/David-E-Boruchowitz/e/9780793837601/?itm=43&USRI=animal+planet+fish

Animal planet puts out a whole series of books that are species specific or widebased (aquarium-guppies). I believe they were written with children in mind. They have alot of the basic information along with some easy to understand specifics. They also show pictures of nearly everything they explain which is helpful to the newcomer.

The link is for the basic aquarium book cost 1.99 +shipping and they have a ton more for different types of fish/aquarium set-ups.

I found the one on Guppies an easy read and decent introduction to fancy guppy care...They definitley do not go into the hardcore science of fishkeeping, but it is a good overview for the first timer.

Hope it helps
Back to top Go down

Info about books  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Info about books    Info about books  Icon_minitime12/21/2010, 1:22 pm

Well the books I started with probably aren't being printed any more. I would say just look for a good tropical community beginners book..... Not much help am I?....
Oh, look at thrift stores with decent book selections!! I have found some awesome fish books for super cheap at places like that! Even if its an older book with older techniques it will teach her simpler less complicated ways of doing things, as well as the hows and whys of how the techniques of today developed! Fish books from the 60's are half laugh and half learning.

She can always join us! We have a user or 2 about her age..........
Back to top Go down
Elrollo
Major
Major
Elrollo

Favorite Fish: : Blue Acaras...first fish I ever breed still have a soft spot for them

Info about books  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Info about books    Info about books  Icon_minitime12/21/2010, 1:37 pm

Along with what Fern said...some libraries around here sell used books or have book fairs..check those out pick up Axelrod's Atlas Eleventh Ed. for $3 at one of these
Back to top Go down
parkmond131
Sergeant
Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : Peacock's & Haps for watching, "Flounder for eating" Yum

Info about books  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Info about books    Info about books  Icon_minitime12/22/2010, 5:01 pm

Elrollo wrote:
Along with what Fern said...some libraries around here sell used books or have book fairs..check those out pick up Axelrod's Atlas Eleventh Ed. for $3 at one of these

Thanx 4 the info!!!
Back to top Go down
hatman
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1
hatman

Favorite Fish: : I don't have favorite a fish, but I really enjoy my Christmas Fulu's. Also my 125g community tank.

Info about books  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Info about books    Info about books  Icon_minitime12/22/2010, 5:13 pm

does she have access to a computer for e-books? This is one I have, Tropical Fish A beginners guide By William Berg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Info about books  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Info about books    Info about books  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Info about books
Page 1 of 1