UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

aquarium books

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
tcova75
Private
Private

Favorite Fish: : all cichlids

aquarium books Empty
PostSubject: aquarium books   aquarium books Icon_minitime9/26/2009, 11:11 pm

Hola amigos aquarium books 422518 just wondering if anybody can suggest some good books for salt water aquarium begginers. I would like to learn more about the care and set up of salt water reef tanks. your info will be appreciated. thanks a bunch aquarium books 348516
Back to top Go down
snowflake311
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
snowflake311

Favorite Fish: : South American Ciclids and plecos. I will always love my bettas but have moved on.

aquarium books Empty
PostSubject: Re: aquarium books   aquarium books Icon_minitime9/28/2009, 4:18 pm

Yes I was looking into salt water but did not have the money or time. But the book I read that I felt was very good was The Simple Guide to Marine Aquariums by Jeffrey kurtz. I read the whole book and loved it. It's well put together and all the info you need to start out.
Back to top Go down
tcova75
Private
Private

aquarium books Empty
PostSubject: Re: aquarium books   aquarium books Icon_minitime9/28/2009, 6:41 pm

Thanks I will have to check that book out, I have been wanting to start a salt tank for a while but dont know much about it. thanks again
Back to top Go down
tcova75
Private
Private

aquarium books Empty
PostSubject: Re: aquarium books   aquarium books Icon_minitime9/28/2009, 6:51 pm

Well I will let you know what I think I just bought it on amazon. thanks again sf311
Back to top Go down
snowflake311
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
snowflake311

Favorite Fish: : South American Ciclids and plecos. I will always love my bettas but have moved on.

aquarium books Empty
PostSubject: Re: aquarium books   aquarium books Icon_minitime9/28/2009, 7:33 pm

You will learn some interesting stuff from it. Hope you like it as much as I did.
Back to top Go down

aquarium books Empty
PostSubject: Re: aquarium books   aquarium books Icon_minitime9/29/2009, 7:48 am

aquarium books 41986
All the books I have are FW and are also older than I am aquarium books 439872 Still good books though if you ignore the equipment stuff aquarium books 439872
Back to top Go down
S&FW_FishyFriend
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
S&FW_FishyFriend

Favorite Fish: : Currently so into Reef it's not even funny! Missed having saltwater, now that I've got it again---- STOKED!

aquarium books Empty
PostSubject: Re: aquarium books   aquarium books Icon_minitime9/29/2009, 7:57 am

"The New Marine Aquarium" by Michael S. Paletta is really good!
You can get it here:
http://www.amazon.com/New-Marine-Aquarium-Step-Step/dp/1890087521
Back to top Go down
nitty
nitty

Favorite Fish: : Mine:
110gal. Eclectochromis Lobochilus Hertae
56gal. Neolamprologus Brichardi

aquarium books Empty
PostSubject: Re: aquarium books   aquarium books Icon_minitime9/29/2009, 9:54 pm

I have a saltwater guide to fish keeping and a saltwater fish/invert species book(tells you how hardy, how rare, what goes with what, what's reef safe, etc...).
I can ship them to you for $10+shipping
Back to top Go down
tcova75
Private
Private

aquarium books Empty
PostSubject: Re: aquarium books   aquarium books Icon_minitime9/30/2009, 12:46 pm

thanks for the offer im gonna read this book I just orderd and if I plan on statring a salt tanki will hit you up for them. thanks again aquarium books 398609
Back to top Go down
nitty
nitty

Favorite Fish: : Mine:
110gal. Eclectochromis Lobochilus Hertae
56gal. Neolamprologus Brichardi

aquarium books Empty
PostSubject: Re: aquarium books   aquarium books Icon_minitime9/30/2009, 12:56 pm

I also have this one. I'll hold on to them.
I've had them all for about 10 years.

aquarium books 81878386
Back to top Go down
snowflake311
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
snowflake311

aquarium books Empty
PostSubject: Re: aquarium books   aquarium books Icon_minitime10/2/2009, 3:45 pm

Did you get the book yet ??
Back to top Go down
tcova75
Private
Private

aquarium books Empty
PostSubject: Re: aquarium books   aquarium books Icon_minitime10/2/2009, 5:23 pm

No im still waiting, the delivery date is the sixth but I hope it comes sooner.
Back to top Go down

aquarium books Empty
PostSubject: Re: aquarium books   aquarium books Icon_minitime10/9/2009, 12:13 pm

nitty wrote:
I also have this one. I'll hold on to them.
I've had them all for about 10 years.

aquarium books 81878386

do you have this book?:

aquarium books Marine10
Back to top Go down

aquarium books Empty
PostSubject: Re: aquarium books   aquarium books Icon_minitime10/9/2009, 12:15 pm

i am looking for the 2 above pictured books, marine fishes and marine inverts. i like looking at the pictures of fish and inverts in them they are also great for determining what can be kept with what and what might and might not get along.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

aquarium books Empty
PostSubject: Re: aquarium books   aquarium books Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

aquarium books
Page 1 of 1