UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

10 gallon tank + christmas supplies

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
dcninja757
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

Favorite Fish: : Fish

10 gallon tank + christmas supplies Empty
PostSubject: 10 gallon tank + christmas supplies   10 gallon tank + christmas supplies Icon_minitime12/12/2010, 4:14 pm

they have 10 gallon tanks for 10 bucks around here so im not even counting that in the money I've got, i can grab that after christmas whenever...

I have $100 to order supplies online for my 10 gallon salt...i'd like to eventually have an anemone so im not sure what lighting I need for that? will a flourescent(sp?) fixture work with a certain bulb or no? I know the tank has to be established, but I'm talking for the future on the anemone.

I plan to have 2 fish max and a crab or 2 and maybe a shrimp or starfish as the clean up crew if they'll work together...

my question is aside from the tank and liverock which I'll get from the pet store later on...what do I need so far on my list I have the following

$20 50 watt heater http://www.fosterandsmithaquatics.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=21323
$3 thermometer http://www.fosterandsmithaquatics.com/Product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=3921
$32 canister filter http://www.fosterandsmithaquatics.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3578+3579+16742&pcatid=16742&s=lh

I'm up to $62 dollars shipped so I have like 40 bucks left
i want to stick with ordering from the same place.

what lighting should I run?
does live sand REALLY matter if I use live rock? any deals on substrate for a little salt tank on that site?
i know i need the salt tester and aquarium salt? any reasonably priced ones on that site?
anything I'm forgetting?
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

Favorite Fish: : okay i dont know wat my fav anymore just want more lol

PostSubject: Re: 10 gallon tank + christmas supplies   10 gallon tank + christmas supplies Icon_minitime12/12/2010, 4:43 pm

U will have to ask nitty, hes our best saltwater guy, hes helped most if not all in their setup
Back to top Go down
dcninja757
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: 10 gallon tank + christmas supplies   10 gallon tank + christmas supplies Icon_minitime12/12/2010, 4:52 pm

cool, hopefully he can chime in here...my friend started a little 10 gallon salt fowlr and it's doing well. i need to get him on here too.
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

Favorite Fish: : okay i dont know wat my fav anymore just want more lol

PostSubject: Re: 10 gallon tank + christmas supplies   10 gallon tank + christmas supplies Icon_minitime12/12/2010, 4:55 pm

He will probably say a t5 but I bet he has a better idea then me lol since im no saltwater person. I want to try but at this point cant afford and still want to broaden my horizon on freshwater then syep up to salt.
Back to top Go down
dcninja757
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: 10 gallon tank + christmas supplies   10 gallon tank + christmas supplies Icon_minitime12/12/2010, 9:45 pm

cool, i wonder if they make real little ones for a small tank.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 10 gallon tank + christmas supplies   10 gallon tank + christmas supplies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

10 gallon tank + christmas supplies
Page 1 of 1