UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

German Blue Ram Fry and Dad VIDEO

Go down 
+6
istrober
Elrollo
jaiko1975
pillierox1
KMX
sandnuka
10 posters
AuthorMessage
sandnuka
Private First Class
Private First Class
sandnuka

Favorite Fish: : Tropheus

German Blue Ram Fry and Dad VIDEO Empty
PostSubject: German Blue Ram Fry and Dad VIDEO   German Blue Ram Fry and Dad VIDEO Icon_minitime9/20/2010, 6:33 pm

Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: German Blue Ram Fry and Dad VIDEO   German Blue Ram Fry and Dad VIDEO Icon_minitime9/20/2010, 7:47 pm

Well done! Love the tunes. usafishbox
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

Favorite Fish: : okay i dont know wat my fav anymore just want more lol

PostSubject: Re: German Blue Ram Fry and Dad VIDEO   German Blue Ram Fry and Dad VIDEO Icon_minitime9/20/2010, 8:39 pm

very nice!!! luv the way the dad looks lol hes like wat do you want hahaha, very nice looking!!!
Back to top Go down
jaiko1975
jaiko1975

PostSubject: Re: German Blue Ram Fry and Dad VIDEO   German Blue Ram Fry and Dad VIDEO Icon_minitime9/20/2010, 9:29 pm

ah my fav German rams keep on the good work
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

PostSubject: Re: German Blue Ram Fry and Dad VIDEO   German Blue Ram Fry and Dad VIDEO Icon_minitime9/20/2010, 9:31 pm

i want to get some but ive tried the balloon belly rams and they didnt do so well, but i may get some from my lfs and try it out
Back to top Go down
jaiko1975
jaiko1975

PostSubject: Re: German Blue Ram Fry and Dad VIDEO   German Blue Ram Fry and Dad VIDEO Icon_minitime9/20/2010, 9:33 pm

same here pillie had a breading pair of blue and they did not make then i purchase 4 more did not make it ether.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: German Blue Ram Fry and Dad VIDEO   German Blue Ram Fry and Dad VIDEO Icon_minitime9/20/2010, 10:00 pm

Very nice! I hope they grow out well for you! I know those aren't easy to spawn!

Seems the gbr quality has gone down hill lately, we are having issues with them at my lfs as well, My guess is that the commercial raised stock is just getting too inbred.
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

PostSubject: Re: German Blue Ram Fry and Dad VIDEO   German Blue Ram Fry and Dad VIDEO Icon_minitime9/20/2010, 10:05 pm

probably i need to go to my lfs he gets them from local breeders so theyr is not so inbred
Back to top Go down
sandnuka
Private First Class
Private First Class
sandnuka

Favorite Fish: : Tropheus

PostSubject: Re: German Blue Ram Fry and Dad VIDEO   German Blue Ram Fry and Dad VIDEO Icon_minitime9/20/2010, 10:06 pm

Yeah... I noticed that they arent as blue anymore too! well, I found these guys in a smaller place that buys allot from local breeders.... they had absolutly stunning color... and paired up nicely!

They are really not that hard to keep/breed... make sure the water you put them in is really aged.... I keep mine in planted tanks, they seem to like the Low ph and more acidic water, similar to discus.
Back to top Go down
Elrollo
Major
Major
Elrollo

Favorite Fish: : Blue Acaras...first fish I ever breed still have a soft spot for them

PostSubject: Re: German Blue Ram Fry and Dad VIDEO   German Blue Ram Fry and Dad VIDEO Icon_minitime9/20/2010, 10:15 pm

Awesome video....was thinking of trying rams myself seems to be a large market for them and few breeders in my neck of the woods...

AWESOME

Can't wait till they get some size on them good
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

PostSubject: Re: German Blue Ram Fry and Dad VIDEO   German Blue Ram Fry and Dad VIDEO Icon_minitime9/20/2010, 10:17 pm

ya i have a discus where the rams were in but they wer soo stressed that once the first to died i gav up and returned the one that replaced one. but they wer balloon bellied rams so i can try the blue rams and gold rams that my lfs has they r healthy, they always hav healthy fish if not they dont sell them until they r.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: German Blue Ram Fry and Dad VIDEO   German Blue Ram Fry and Dad VIDEO Icon_minitime9/20/2010, 10:25 pm

Ya the blue seems to have been bred right out of them German Blue Ram Fry and Dad VIDEO 196631 Glad to see there are still some folks breeding good quality ones cheers
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

PostSubject: Re: German Blue Ram Fry and Dad VIDEO   German Blue Ram Fry and Dad VIDEO Icon_minitime9/20/2010, 10:26 pm

ya they r but how long will be for theres to be gone
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Favorite Fish: : Africans, Peacocks, Catfish.. pertty much everything that has fins and tail...

PostSubject: Re: German Blue Ram Fry and Dad VIDEO   German Blue Ram Fry and Dad VIDEO Icon_minitime9/21/2010, 6:29 am

Nice good luck!! German Blue Ram Fry and Dad VIDEO 393849
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

Favorite Fish: :

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: German Blue Ram Fry and Dad VIDEO   German Blue Ram Fry and Dad VIDEO Icon_minitime9/21/2010, 8:33 am

nice!! i have a german blue ballon ram!! lil guy/girl is awsome!
i have it it my 100G with all my other cichlids! hes always punking my fronts and dolphin! his worst enemy in the tank is my slim buffalo head!! always going at it! but other than that hes koo!!
he really needs his own tank though!
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

PostSubject: Re: German Blue Ram Fry and Dad VIDEO   German Blue Ram Fry and Dad VIDEO Icon_minitime9/21/2010, 8:39 am

nice alk wen i got mine they just kept on dieing but then again i had different water and temp and everything else but the other fish i got from them r doing great tho, ill try my lfs
Back to top Go down
bcijoe
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1
bcijoe

Favorite Fish: : Betta, Pacu, Clown Loach, Alfbn Pleco, Yellow Fin Barb (Lemon Barb), White Fin Rosy Tetra, Congo Tetra, more

PostSubject: Re: German Blue Ram Fry and Dad VIDEO   German Blue Ram Fry and Dad VIDEO Icon_minitime10/27/2010, 6:38 pm

Great vid!

I purchased 4 Blue Rams from my LFS recently that were extremely pale... I figured they were just stressed and would color up.

A week later, they are all still very pale and difficult to sex! I was maybe thinking I have 4 females.

Then I saw some at another local LFS that were Extremely colorful!!! and my friend there said those are all females!

How can you sex them?

was thinking to get one or two of those colorful females and see if I can get one of my pale ones to show his colors... lol... and maybe make some more colorful fry.
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

Favorite Fish: : Luwino Reef Zebra Chilumba, Ocellatus, Any bright-colored freshwater cichlid

PostSubject: Re: German Blue Ram Fry and Dad VIDEO   German Blue Ram Fry and Dad VIDEO Icon_minitime10/31/2010, 6:42 pm

bcijoe,
Post some pics. I'll sex them for you.
Back to top Go down
bcijoe
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1
bcijoe

Favorite Fish: : Betta, Pacu, Clown Loach, Alfbn Pleco, Yellow Fin Barb (Lemon Barb), White Fin Rosy Tetra, Congo Tetra, more

PostSubject: Re: German Blue Ram Fry and Dad VIDEO   German Blue Ram Fry and Dad VIDEO Icon_minitime10/31/2010, 8:10 pm

Thanks, just gotta try to get decent pics now... will work on it.
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

PostSubject: Re: German Blue Ram Fry and Dad VIDEO   German Blue Ram Fry and Dad VIDEO Icon_minitime11/1/2010, 9:02 am

Nice vid!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: German Blue Ram Fry and Dad VIDEO   German Blue Ram Fry and Dad VIDEO Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

German Blue Ram Fry and Dad VIDEO
Page 1 of 1