UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Did your sponge filter stop working?

Go down 
+5
thebanker
bristlenosedude
h0ngkn0t2
CajunGator
KMX
9 posters
AuthorMessage
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

Did your sponge filter stop working? Empty
PostSubject: Did your sponge filter stop working?   Did your sponge filter stop working? Icon_minitime7/5/2010, 12:35 pm

Try this....

Click the video!

usafishbox

Did your sponge filter stop working? Th_SDV_0459
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: Did your sponge filter stop working?   Did your sponge filter stop working? Icon_minitime7/5/2010, 12:42 pm

Nice Tip, i mean tootpick! lol
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: Did your sponge filter stop working?   Did your sponge filter stop working? Icon_minitime7/5/2010, 1:24 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
h0ngkn0t2
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
h0ngkn0t2

Favorite Fish: : African cichlids, Bristlenose Plecos and Koi

PostSubject: Re: Did your sponge filter stop working?   Did your sponge filter stop working? Icon_minitime7/5/2010, 2:44 pm

"uh oh, my sponge filter stopped working"

haha...

Thanks for the tip...
Back to top Go down
bristlenosedude
Sergeant
Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : PLECOS AND AFRICAN RIFT LAKE CICHLIDS

PostSubject: Re: Did your sponge filter stop working?   Did your sponge filter stop working? Icon_minitime7/5/2010, 3:14 pm

He called it sludge, I consider it more of a calcium deposit. I use a peice if wire to clear out the hole.
Back to top Go down
thebanker
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
thebanker

PostSubject: Re: Did your sponge filter stop working?   Did your sponge filter stop working? Icon_minitime7/5/2010, 4:00 pm

lol nice quick fix, how long does a sponge filter have go before it clogs? i've had 3 running in a 55 for a year now and they haven't plugged yet.
Back to top Go down
vman
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Did your sponge filter stop working?   Did your sponge filter stop working? Icon_minitime7/5/2010, 5:28 pm

.. .

Last edited by vman on 11/27/2010, 5:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: Did your sponge filter stop working?   Did your sponge filter stop working? Icon_minitime7/5/2010, 9:47 pm

bristlenosedude wrote:
He called it sludge, I consider it more of a calcium deposit. I use a peice if wire to clear out the hole.

Have you ever done anything wrong in your whole life? lol! Mr. Perfect over here. crazy

thebanker wrote:
lol nice quick fix, how long does a sponge filter have go before it clogs? i've had 3 running in a 55 for a year now and they haven't plugged yet.

Mine do that from time to time. Might be b/c I dont have air stones in mine like Vman said.
Back to top Go down
Ghoulish_chaos
Major
Major
Ghoulish_chaos

PostSubject: Re: Did your sponge filter stop working?   Did your sponge filter stop working? Icon_minitime7/6/2010, 2:52 am

I have not had that problem yet but great info.
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Favorite Fish: : Africans, Peacocks, Catfish.. pertty much everything that has fins and tail...

PostSubject: Re: Did your sponge filter stop working?   Did your sponge filter stop working? Icon_minitime7/6/2010, 6:05 am

lol nice fix!! thank for the tip..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did your sponge filter stop working?   Did your sponge filter stop working? Icon_minitime7/6/2010, 8:38 am

Nice little quick fix vid!
I have air stones on most of mine, they just seem to work better with em.
Back to top Go down
bristlenosedude
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Did your sponge filter stop working?   Did your sponge filter stop working? Icon_minitime7/6/2010, 10:44 am

Ceratinly not perfect but when you do water changes on 40 tanks weekly you run into these types of problems. I have probably been doing this since before you were born!
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: Did your sponge filter stop working?   Did your sponge filter stop working? Icon_minitime7/6/2010, 10:45 am

kory is not good at listening to his elders.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: Did your sponge filter stop working?   Did your sponge filter stop working? Icon_minitime7/6/2010, 10:56 am

bristlenosedude wrote:
Ceratinly not perfect but when you do water changes on 40 tanks weekly you run into these types of problems. I have probably been doing this since before you were born!

Mr. Perfect... I was trying to find your sence of humor that you lack. Smile every once in awhile it's healthy. funny
Back to top Go down
bristlenosedude
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Did your sponge filter stop working?   Did your sponge filter stop working? Icon_minitime7/6/2010, 1:03 pm

Sorry, didn't mean to offend any one. I always want to pass my experiences on to others, I have no secrets in what I do and will always give honest info to anyone wanting it. Lots of us old guys don't do the information age as well as the younger group.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: Did your sponge filter stop working?   Did your sponge filter stop working? Icon_minitime7/6/2010, 1:19 pm

We are always looking for info and ways to better our fish keeping practices so keep them coming. Did your sponge filter stop working? 772341
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: Did your sponge filter stop working?   Did your sponge filter stop working? Icon_minitime7/6/2010, 1:39 pm

All information no matter how small or big is helpful to all of the members.. Everyone has their own little techniques and ways of doing things, some better, some not so great, but we all want to try them all to see what best fits our own needs. So we can continue ro enjoy our Fish Hobby..
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: Did your sponge filter stop working?   Did your sponge filter stop working? Icon_minitime7/7/2010, 12:29 am

CajunGator wrote:
All information no matter how small or big is helpful to all of the members.. Everyone has their own little techniques and ways of doing things, some better, some not so great, but we all want to try them all to see what best fits our own needs. So we can continue ro enjoy our Fish Hobby..

Did your sponge filter stop working? 858205 Very well said yes
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: Did your sponge filter stop working?   Did your sponge filter stop working? Icon_minitime7/7/2010, 12:29 am

CajunGator wrote:

Did your sponge filter stop working? 858205 Very well said yes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did your sponge filter stop working?   Did your sponge filter stop working? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Did your sponge filter stop working?
Page 1 of 1