UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

I got a magnum 350 and the motor works but no water pumps

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
FishFolksLLC
Private First Class
Private First Class
FishFolksLLC

Favorite Fish: : Sunshine Peacock, Frontosa, when they are babies

I got a magnum 350 and the motor works but no water pumps Empty
PostSubject: I got a magnum 350 and the motor works but no water pumps   I got a magnum 350 and the motor works but no water pumps Icon_minitime6/2/2010, 12:38 am

I havent had a chance to diagnose the problem yet, but wanted to know if anyone else had had this same problem. I snagged it up from one of customers tanks when it stopped working. Its gotta be atleast 5 years old i would imagine. The motor humms and i can feel it vibrating when i power it up, so im wondering if its an impeller problem, but im with out alot of experience with this filter set up. Any help would be much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: I got a magnum 350 and the motor works but no water pumps   I got a magnum 350 and the motor works but no water pumps Icon_minitime6/2/2010, 7:34 am

take everything out but the impeller. turn the filter on and see if it turns. if not i would start with a new impeller and if that does not work well it is a lemon lol or at least i would nto mess with it any more lol. good luck.
Back to top Go down
alan j t
Major
Major
alan j t

Favorite Fish: : discus

PostSubject: Re: I got a magnum 350 and the motor works but no water pumps   I got a magnum 350 and the motor works but no water pumps Icon_minitime6/2/2010, 10:30 am

ya
Back to top Go down
redfishray1968
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
redfishray1968

Favorite Fish: : 180gl Oscars

120gl Green and Rotkeil Severums

37gl Honduran Red Points & King Pleco's

36gl Bowface with Discus and Royal Pleco & Scribble Pleco

10gl Jewels

10gl Convicts

Bristlenose Plecos

PostSubject: Re: I got a magnum 350 and the motor works but no water pumps   I got a magnum 350 and the motor works but no water pumps Icon_minitime6/2/2010, 10:42 am

Make sure also that the 2 smaller "0" rings are on top and bottom ...one is on top of the impeller housing at the bottom and the other is on top of the intake housing above the Micron fiter intake ...also make sure the black stand pipe is alligned with hole on top
Back to top Go down
ilicurtisili
Admin
Admin
ilicurtisili

PostSubject: Re: I got a magnum 350 and the motor works but no water pumps   I got a magnum 350 and the motor works but no water pumps Icon_minitime6/2/2010, 10:49 am

Holey Rock of Texas wrote:
take everything out but the impeller. turn the filter on and see if it turns. if not i would start with a new impeller and if that does not work well it is a lemon lol or at least i would nto mess with it any more lol. good luck.

or just pull the part that sucks the water out. and see if the impeller is working. and if not mess with it and see if u can get it to work. pull it out, clean it, drop it in.
Back to top Go down
redfishray1968
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
redfishray1968

Favorite Fish: : 180gl Oscars

120gl Green and Rotkeil Severums

37gl Honduran Red Points & King Pleco's

36gl Bowface with Discus and Royal Pleco & Scribble Pleco

10gl Jewels

10gl Convicts

Bristlenose Plecos

PostSubject: Re: I got a magnum 350 and the motor works but no water pumps   I got a magnum 350 and the motor works but no water pumps Icon_minitime6/2/2010, 10:55 am

It kinda sounds like the impeller is is a bind or bad if it humms and ya cant hear water pushing...
Back to top Go down
FishFolksLLC
Private First Class
Private First Class
FishFolksLLC

Favorite Fish: : Sunshine Peacock, Frontosa, when they are babies

PostSubject: Re: I got a magnum 350 and the motor works but no water pumps   I got a magnum 350 and the motor works but no water pumps Icon_minitime6/3/2010, 11:58 pm

TY TY
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I got a magnum 350 and the motor works but no water pumps   I got a magnum 350 and the motor works but no water pumps Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I got a magnum 350 and the motor works but no water pumps
Page 1 of 1