UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

see if this works...

Go down 
+7
joki9
lifeisgood
KMX
Dr. Who
proyect01
Flippercon
doogan
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
doogan
Private First Class
Private First Class

Favorite Fish: : Jack Dempsey

see if this works... Empty
PostSubject: see if this works...   see if this works... Icon_minitime12/17/2011, 2:54 pm

ok my first crack at loading some of whata few people wanted to see...
see if this works... Camera1010
this is the marble tank i set up for the stuart maleri peacocks...
see if this works... Camera1008
this is a few of the new jewels in it now.
see if this works... Camera1009
see if this works... Camera1016
and this is a big, fat, juicy tetra that i really like. one of two like it, both are 4" or more, i assume thats big for these guys as tey are the largest i have seen in my limited experience anyway. :)
Back to top Go down
doogan
Private First Class
Private First Class

PostSubject: Re: see if this works...   see if this works... Icon_minitime12/17/2011, 3:02 pm

success! at some point the proper fish will grace the marbel tank and will look very sharp indeed i think surfing
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

Favorite Fish: : Electric Blue Rocio Octofasciata

PostSubject: Re: see if this works...   see if this works... Icon_minitime12/17/2011, 4:55 pm

White out! I like it even though I am a black on black person. Very nice set up! good
Back to top Go down
proyect01
Captain
Captain
proyect01

Favorite Fish: : Aulonocara species

PostSubject: Re: see if this works...   see if this works... Icon_minitime12/17/2011, 8:12 pm

A very nice setup congratz drool
Back to top Go down
doogan
Private First Class
Private First Class

PostSubject: Re: see if this works...   see if this works... Icon_minitime12/17/2011, 9:23 pm

when its full of adult male stuartgranti maleri peacocks it will really be nice. the yellow and blue will stand out so well!
Back to top Go down
Dr. Who
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: see if this works...   see if this works... Icon_minitime12/17/2011, 9:34 pm

Your fat tetra is a red and blue columbian tetra
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: see if this works...   see if this works... Icon_minitime12/17/2011, 10:20 pm

Awesome!
Back to top Go down
doogan
Private First Class
Private First Class

PostSubject: Re: see if this works...   see if this works... Icon_minitime12/18/2011, 2:02 pm

Check this out, this is the safe fish 1 day apart as you can see from the time stamp! he has tripled the amount of colour overnight! is that normal? I know its a better picture but the change is huge.

see if this works... Camera1002
Back to top Go down
doogan
Private First Class
Private First Class

PostSubject: Re: see if this works...   see if this works... Icon_minitime12/18/2011, 2:15 pm

my typing is horrible... its the "same" fish as the original post above.
Back to top Go down
lifeisgood
Captain
Captain
lifeisgood

Favorite Fish: : My Favorites are the Pleco's and Cory Cats . BUT , I have 44 running Tanks at this time . I keep 3 kinds of Shellies , several types of Pleco's ( mostly Ancistrus ), Cichlids , Crays , Angels , LB's , and some local species .

PostSubject: Re: see if this works...   see if this works... Icon_minitime12/19/2011, 5:00 am

totally normal . As the fish become acclimated to the tank and become less stressed , they will get their color on ! Also when in the mating mood they explode with color !
Ray
Back to top Go down
joki9
Private
Private
joki9

Favorite Fish: : 3 Rummy Nose/ 3 Redeye/ 3 Fancy Tailed Guppy/ 1 Peasized Puffer/ 1 Gold Dojo/ 6 Cherry Barb/ 2 Ghost Shrimp/ 1 MTS/ 2 Gold Mystery Snails/ 2 Mystery Snails/ 35-40 Gallon Hexagon tank!!

But I love my Puffer! *and Snails!!!*

PostSubject: Re: see if this works...   see if this works... Icon_minitime12/20/2011, 12:53 am

Awesome tank see if this works... 265353

I wish my fishies would line up in a row like that and school single file!

see if this works... 395554 see if this works... 395554 see if this works... 395554 see if this works... 395554 see if this works... 395554
Back to top Go down
lifeisgood
Captain
Captain
lifeisgood

Favorite Fish: : My Favorites are the Pleco's and Cory Cats . BUT , I have 44 running Tanks at this time . I keep 3 kinds of Shellies , several types of Pleco's ( mostly Ancistrus ), Cichlids , Crays , Angels , LB's , and some local species .

PostSubject: Re: see if this works...   see if this works... Icon_minitime12/20/2011, 5:19 am

@ Joki9 ,, get a half dozen more rummy noses and you will have a school that moves together !
Back to top Go down
sassynurse2
sassynurse2

Favorite Fish: : 2 Clown Loaches...
Blue Dolphins 10.

PostSubject: Re: see if this works...   see if this works... Icon_minitime12/20/2011, 5:27 am

lifeisgood wrote:
@ Joki9 ,, get a half dozen more rummy noses and you will have a school that moves together !

LOL you are so right
Back to top Go down
joki9
Private
Private
joki9

Favorite Fish: : 3 Rummy Nose/ 3 Redeye/ 3 Fancy Tailed Guppy/ 1 Peasized Puffer/ 1 Gold Dojo/ 6 Cherry Barb/ 2 Ghost Shrimp/ 1 MTS/ 2 Gold Mystery Snails/ 2 Mystery Snails/ 35-40 Gallon Hexagon tank!!

But I love my Puffer! *and Snails!!!*

PostSubject: Re: see if this works...   see if this works... Icon_minitime12/20/2011, 10:09 am

Awesome! Thanks for the advice see if this works... 265353
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: see if this works...   see if this works... Icon_minitime12/20/2011, 12:34 pm

those are nice jewels are you going to breed them??? and how much did you get them for ? around 4 bucks a pop?
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

PostSubject: Re: see if this works...   see if this works... Icon_minitime12/20/2011, 12:37 pm

Great looking tank! see if this works... 772341 usafishbox
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: see if this works...   see if this works... Icon_minitime12/20/2011, 12:42 pm

maybe i'm just new but can someone help me understand these rankings? lol why do i feel like im in the military??!! hhoooo raaahh!
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

Favorite Fish: : Electric Blue Rocio Octofasciata

PostSubject: Re: see if this works...   see if this works... Icon_minitime12/20/2011, 3:09 pm

Its basically ranked on amount of posts.
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: see if this works...   see if this works... Icon_minitime12/20/2011, 3:12 pm

nice pics
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: see if this works...   see if this works... Icon_minitime12/20/2011, 4:48 pm

ah ok gotcha. so if i keep posting stuff i'll be a pro ;) lol
Back to top Go down
doogan
Private First Class
Private First Class

PostSubject: Re: see if this works...   see if this works... Icon_minitime12/21/2011, 1:32 pm

Bossman, I got them for $4 a piece at a family owned fish shop by my house. They have everything from peacock bass to sea anemones. They had 6 jewels in a tank so bought the lot of them only realizing after I put them in my tank that all were drab and had a large spot on them except this colorful one in the picture without any spots. This one and a larger one seem to be pairing up and possibly will have babies. It's amazing how they change color in a few seconds time from tan to bright red and then back again! I'm nervous they will become murderous because I have no other tanks or room to move fish around. So babies might be bad. Should I simply swap them for all show males?
Back to top Go down
jaiko1975
jaiko1975

PostSubject: Re: see if this works...   see if this works... Icon_minitime12/21/2011, 2:52 pm

nice tank. I also raised Red jewels there found in our local water ways. I have come across several different color strands of African jewels, blue, yellow red, pink, and intense red. a word of advise check your male to female ratio, Large males tend to fight each other and take large areas of territories.

I also keep jewels in my 60g mbuna tank and they seem to be doing great!
Back to top Go down
doogan
Private First Class
Private First Class

PostSubject: Re: see if this works...   see if this works... Icon_minitime12/21/2011, 3:50 pm

I have no idea what the sexes of these fish are, I just got them 4-5 days ago and they are all identical except the one without spots that is super colorful . Seems like it is a different type of jewel altogether .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: see if this works...   see if this works... Icon_minitime12/21/2011, 5:57 pm

there are different variations of jewels but if you dont want them to become "murderous" i would definately do an all male tank, unless you want babies.. but either way the males could get a litle territorial if they dont have enough room, how big is your tank??
Back to top Go down
jaiko1975
jaiko1975

PostSubject: Re: see if this works...   see if this works... Icon_minitime12/21/2011, 6:18 pm

Hemichromis bimaculatus is there scientific name also they can be Anomalochromis thomasi witch looks similar and ppl often confused them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: see if this works...   see if this works... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

see if this works...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next