UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

My cory saga

Go down 
+14
JACK D
tjb0408
nitty
audrey
zobofonian
Janie
Patty
Orthidox
Twin Dad
Fish_Love
MasRoberts9
R2 Ranch
KMX
Holey Rock of Texas
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

My cory saga - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 6 Icon_minitime7/31/2009, 12:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

My albino cories laying eggs on the side of the tank!
My cory saga - Page 6 265353
This is in my 10gal tank that I was using for my rescued cories to fatten them up. All of them but the 3 albinos had been moved over to my 75gal about a week ago. during the 2 week QT time that I had all 10 in there I had been doing massive water changes 20%-50% and feeding shrimp pellets and frozen bloodworm's. still on the same feeding regiment. They had a decent sized water change 2-3 days ago about 30% 2 helpings of frozen bloodworms yesterday.
I have pictures and 2 videos of it I will put them up later after their done.

How long should I leave them in the tank? Do the males have to fertilize the eggs or is that done prior to laying? I will move them to my 20gal for the time being I guess. I know they will eat the eggs and thats all I know :shock:

I think these cories are about 4-5yrs old.

Last edited by Fern on 8/25/2009, 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 6 Icon_minitime10/13/2009, 7:51 am

That's the plan
Back to top Go down
tjb0408
Private First Class
Private First Class
tjb0408

Favorite Fish: : Bettas
All types of shrimps

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 6 Icon_minitime10/13/2009, 1:59 pm

How big are they now
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 6 Icon_minitime10/13/2009, 5:30 pm

They very a whole bunch in size. I will try to take a pic soon with a size reference. They are all under 1/2" though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 6 Icon_minitime10/21/2009, 4:58 pm

Here are a few pics. There are a few adult albinos in some of the pics though.My cory saga - Page 6 DSCN1013My cory saga - Page 6 DSCN0978My cory saga - Page 6 DSCN0980My cory saga - Page 6 DSCN0988
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 6 Icon_minitime10/22/2009, 8:17 am

Oh and the extra short albino I am keeping. He has already been named Stubby
Back to top Go down
JACK D
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
JACK D

Favorite Fish: : My fish, your fish, red fish, blue fish...

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 6 Icon_minitime10/22/2009, 8:38 am

Here you go Fern this is my stubby. I have had her about a year. Saw her in the lfs & had to have her!

My cory saga - Page 6 Jackfish003
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 6 Icon_minitime10/22/2009, 10:15 am

Too cute! Mine is half the length but has no problem getting around he is adorable My cory saga - Page 6 165198
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 6 Icon_minitime1/4/2010, 11:24 am

Well heres some pics of the corys I took this morning, This is the batch of larger ones (most of the albinos are breeding adults and all the bronzes are ones I raised to give you a size reference), I have another batch of them that are a little smaller. I think I will keep the next round or 2 of eggs so I have a bunch ready by spring My cory saga - Page 6 393849
My cory saga - Page 6 DSCN1581My cory saga - Page 6 DSCN1582My cory saga - Page 6 DSCN1583My cory saga - Page 6 DSCN1584
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

Favorite Fish: :

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 6 Icon_minitime1/8/2010, 12:40 pm

hom much for a group of 6? plus shipping?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 6 Icon_minitime1/8/2010, 12:47 pm

I'm not shipping anything till it gets warmer, Its way too cold right now. I will post in the market when I am shipping.
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 6 Icon_minitime1/12/2010, 1:19 pm

kool thanx!!!!!
looking forward to gettin sum!!!!:)
figure out a price yet though?
Back to top Go down
Rachael0805
Captain
Captain
Rachael0805

Favorite Fish: : Red Devil, Red Terror, Green Terror...

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 6 Icon_minitime1/12/2010, 1:24 pm

Fern, what kind of substrate is that in your tank? It looks shiny, I like it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 6 Icon_minitime1/13/2010, 4:05 am

To make it easier. Don't clean the glass. Let it as dirty as possible. Put styro block on surface. Corys will lay eggs on them. Remove styro and hatch eggs. Feed baby brine shrimp when yolk sacs are gone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 6 Icon_minitime1/13/2010, 6:24 am

Rachael, Its silica pool filter sand, the brand is crystal sands. I like it because its larger grained than most so you can vac it like gravel. There is also a few bits of gravel in the tank leftover from when I changed the substrate..... I haven't pulled it out yet because its amusing to see the gravel in a different spot each day!

Fishman, I pretty much have it down to an exact science, These are my first breeders. They are busy plastering eggs as I type this.

Ok, who wants bronze and who wants albinos? Give me a number of how many you would like and then I will know how many batches of eggs to save so that I have enough for yall by spring.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 6 Icon_minitime1/13/2010, 5:50 pm

Fern sorry I was trying to make it easier. I was 1000s at a time. Moving breeders or scraping was way to much time. If you can find Steve Dow has a book on breeding cory for a profit. Excellent book. Also has one breeding angels. Both have excellent suggestions. Well the worth trying to find. Good luck with the fry. Its a great feeling to raise fish. I did africans but those are to easy. Tetra and barbs are way more challenging. Plecos are fun to.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 6 Icon_minitime1/14/2010, 10:41 am

I don't save even 1/8 of the eggs, I only save the eggs I have room to raise and the others just get eaten. The bronze and albinos aren't worth the trouble of mass production, I have already saturated my area with them...... I only save them when people want some lol! Its easier that way lol!
I do have tiger barbs spawning in my 75g but I haven't moved them yet to try and save the eggs. I also have a kuhli loach laying eggs in there somewhere....
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 6 Icon_minitime1/14/2010, 3:51 pm

can i get 6 albino??? to cali?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 6 Icon_minitime1/15/2010, 6:34 am

Ok so one batch of albinos.
It will be 3-4 months though, I have to raise them from eggs lol! Most of what I have now is spoken for.
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 6 Icon_minitime1/15/2010, 9:11 am

thats kool! worth the wait! haha
at how much a fish?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 6 Icon_minitime1/15/2010, 12:39 pm

What do they run in your neck of the woods?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 6 Icon_minitime1/15/2010, 6:40 pm

affraid I just found 1 baby bronze cory that managed to hatch and survive in my 75g!
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

Favorite Fish: : Luwino Reef Zebra Chilumba, Ocellatus, Any bright-colored freshwater cichlid

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 6 Icon_minitime1/18/2010, 4:31 pm

Fern,

Cory eggs? Yes? No? Maybe?

My cory saga - Page 6 Eggs1

My cory saga - Page 6 Eggs2

My cory saga - Page 6 Eggs4

Just caught my female ABN Pleco chewing on something and I found two other spots of these. What do you think?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 6 Icon_minitime1/18/2010, 4:34 pm

They were cory eggs someone ate them. If you look really close you should see the... um .... yolk (for lack of a better term) at the lower part of the egg. The first day they are see through then the get opaque.
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 6 Icon_minitime1/25/2010, 1:44 pm

Fern wrote:
What do they run in your neck of the woods?

well round here they run bout 6$ each for a teenaged cory lol
but baby cory run about 3 bucks
every time i look for em their always sold out!!!!!
n i hate goin to the lfs with my hopes up! My cory saga - Page 6 309103
id rather know for sure that im gettin them
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 6 Icon_minitime2/15/2010, 3:37 pm

Well the first bronze guys that were laid on Jul 31, 2009 have just made their own little eggs today My cory saga - Page 6 165198 So now yall have heard the full cycle from egg to parents My cory saga - Page 6 165198

So a cory reaches sexual maturity in 6.5 months
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 6 Icon_minitime2/15/2010, 3:57 pm

NICE!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My cory saga
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next