UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

My cory saga

Go down 
+14
JACK D
tjb0408
nitty
audrey
zobofonian
Janie
Patty
Orthidox
Twin Dad
Fish_Love
MasRoberts9
R2 Ranch
KMX
Holey Rock of Texas
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

My cory saga - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 5 Icon_minitime7/31/2009, 12:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

My albino cories laying eggs on the side of the tank!
My cory saga - Page 5 265353
This is in my 10gal tank that I was using for my rescued cories to fatten them up. All of them but the 3 albinos had been moved over to my 75gal about a week ago. during the 2 week QT time that I had all 10 in there I had been doing massive water changes 20%-50% and feeding shrimp pellets and frozen bloodworm's. still on the same feeding regiment. They had a decent sized water change 2-3 days ago about 30% 2 helpings of frozen bloodworms yesterday.
I have pictures and 2 videos of it I will put them up later after their done.

How long should I leave them in the tank? Do the males have to fertilize the eggs or is that done prior to laying? I will move them to my 20gal for the time being I guess. I know they will eat the eggs and thats all I know :shock:

I think these cories are about 4-5yrs old.

Last edited by Fern on 8/25/2009, 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 5 Icon_minitime8/29/2009, 8:30 am

Pics I took of the cory fry yesterday
My cory saga - Page 5 DSCN0570
My cory saga - Page 5 DSCN0571
My cory saga - Page 5 DSCN0578
My cory saga - Page 5 DSCN0580
My cory saga - Page 5 DSCN0584
My cory saga - Page 5 DSCN0585
I'm thinking bronze and peppered?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 5 Icon_minitime8/29/2009, 6:37 pm

So My tank count is at 7 10gal's and 2 20gal longs. I need to get 5 more 10's and build my rack and maybe some more 20 longs and rack them. I also have a 30gal I may get another and build a 2 decker rack for them. I think that will give me the tank space needed for breeding?
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 5 Icon_minitime8/29/2009, 11:21 pm

Looking good! My cory saga - Page 5 265353
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 5 Icon_minitime8/30/2009, 11:47 am

Thanks My cory saga - Page 5 393849
I just picked up another 30gal for $20
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 5 Icon_minitime9/3/2009, 8:56 pm

Well the fry are now on just crushed flake food. I did a slow transition from the baby brine shrimp to soaked crushed flake.
I will get more pics up soon.... They are growing really fast now!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 5 Icon_minitime9/8/2009, 4:19 pm

Ok pictures of the fry as of today
My cory saga - Page 5 DSCN0739
My cory saga - Page 5 DSCN0740
My cory saga - Page 5 DSCN0741
My cory saga - Page 5 DSCN0744
My cory saga - Page 5 DSCN0745
My cory saga - Page 5 DSCN0746
My cory saga - Page 5 DSCN0750

And the obligatory tank picture. It is a standard 55g show tank.
My cory saga - Page 5 DSCN0755
I have them on crushed shrimp pellet and spirulina flake.
Back to top Go down
audrey
Private
Private

Favorite Fish: : Guppies, Discus, and cory cat fish. I like them all though

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 5 Icon_minitime9/14/2009, 6:13 pm

How cool! So whats the count up to now?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 5 Icon_minitime9/15/2009, 10:57 am

I have no idea. Its very hard to count that many cory fry. Last count was 240. I had some fatality's 15ish of them. I also have 10ish bronzes in a 10g tank and 15ish albinos in another 10g tank.... Your welcome to come and try to count them though lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 5 Icon_minitime9/21/2009, 9:00 am

I started sorting them out by size into 3 10g's last night One each for small medium and large.
So far the count is at 75. I still have many more to move though...... I may have to use 6 10g's with how many there are. But I want my 55g back cry I don't want it to be a fry tank anymore.
Back to top Go down
nitty
nitty

Favorite Fish: : Mine:
110gal. Eclectochromis Lobochilus Hertae
56gal. Neolamprologus Brichardi

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 5 Icon_minitime9/21/2009, 12:14 pm

How big do corys get? do they keep your bottom clean?
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 5 Icon_minitime9/21/2009, 12:29 pm

They are great at cleaning but the few times I tried to mix them with some Juvie Cichlids they would start gettin picked on. So they have there own small tank now
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 5 Icon_minitime9/21/2009, 12:42 pm

Roughly 2- 3" Some get bigger some are smaller. I can get a rough measurement of mine when I get home of mine. Yes they are great scavengers. They won't eat rotten food though. But they are cute hyper fish. Think of a young kid on a sugar high and you have the personality of Corydoras
The 2 that I have breeding now are Corydoras paleatus (the albino variety) and Corydoras aeneus (the bronze)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 5 Icon_minitime9/21/2009, 1:02 pm

I will be selling them soon so let me know if you may be interested.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 5 Icon_minitime9/21/2009, 4:55 pm

127 so far. That's a lot of fish to catch and sort!
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 5 Icon_minitime9/21/2009, 5:49 pm

I will need 30 or so.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 5 Icon_minitime9/22/2009, 7:30 am

PM sent
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 5 Icon_minitime9/30/2009, 1:06 pm

Updates on pics;
First batch:
My cory saga - Page 5 DSCN0822My cory saga - Page 5 DSCN0904
Heres the albinos:
My cory saga - Page 5 DSCN0913
My cory saga - Page 5 DSCN0910
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 5 Icon_minitime9/30/2009, 1:09 pm

And this pic is just too strange to not share. It is a reflection upon reflection within my cory fry tank.My cory saga - Page 5 DSCN0915
Back to top Go down
nitty
nitty

Favorite Fish: : Mine:
110gal. Eclectochromis Lobochilus Hertae
56gal. Neolamprologus Brichardi

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 5 Icon_minitime9/30/2009, 1:14 pm

Are you shipping these guys? If so, at what price each?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 5 Icon_minitime9/30/2009, 1:18 pm

PM'd
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 5 Icon_minitime9/30/2009, 1:29 pm

Looking good Fern.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 5 Icon_minitime9/30/2009, 1:30 pm

Yup so far so good My cory saga - Page 5 393849
Back to top Go down
R2 Ranch
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
R2 Ranch

Favorite Fish: : Any that belong to me.

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 5 Icon_minitime9/30/2009, 2:32 pm

My cory saga - Page 5 265353
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 5 Icon_minitime10/9/2009, 4:38 pm

I think after I grow these guys up I won't save another batch of eggs for a while. I'm just losing too many of the fry for no reason.
I've moved most of the fry into my 20g show tank hoping that they will do better in a well established planted tank with a real filter.
Back to top Go down
tjb0408
Private First Class
Private First Class
tjb0408

Favorite Fish: : Bettas
All types of shrimps

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 5 Icon_minitime10/12/2009, 10:07 pm

will you sell them when they get older i love corys
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 5 Icon_minitime10/13/2009, 7:51 am

That's the plan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My cory saga   My cory saga - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My cory saga
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next