UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

I'm looking for a new victorian

Go down 
+4
rfish
cichlid mania
KMX
micahsutton
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

I'm looking for a new victorian Empty
PostSubject: I'm looking for a new victorian   I'm looking for a new victorian Icon_minitime12/4/2009, 12:13 pm

I want to get a new Victorian cichlid. Some thing with stunning colors like the ruby greens but some thing that wont hide allllllll the friggin time!
Any suggestions are welcome along with pics and tank size and stats for the fish
Thanks $$$
Back to top Go down
micahsutton
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
micahsutton

Favorite Fish: : Golden Nugget Pleco, Lemon Jake, Red Top Lwanda, Aulonocara Baenschi, Otopharynx Lithobates, and Frontosa's.

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking for a new victorian   I'm looking for a new victorian Icon_minitime12/4/2009, 12:29 pm

Pundamilia nyererei "Mwanza Gulf" I'm looking for a new victorian 311

Pundamilia nyererei "Ruti Island" (male)
I'm looking for a new victorian 410

Pundamilia sp. "Red Flank" (male)
I'm looking for a new victorian 510

I like these three alot.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking for a new victorian   I'm looking for a new victorian Icon_minitime12/4/2009, 12:32 pm

Im about to strip my Neochromis Rufacadualis
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking for a new victorian   I'm looking for a new victorian Icon_minitime12/7/2009, 10:18 am

I will check all of those out. I think I'm ready to give up on my ruby greens.... I'm down to 2 now cry I don't get it. I hardly ever lose fish. I think once I rehome them I am tearing down the tank and cleaning it thoroughly.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking for a new victorian   I'm looking for a new victorian Icon_minitime12/7/2009, 10:22 am

Fern wrote:
I will check all of those out. I think I'm ready to give up on my ruby greens.... I'm down to 2 now cry I don't get it. I hardly ever lose fish. I think once I rehome them I am tearing down the tank and cleaning it thoroughly.

Mabey Its who they came from....Not a stong breed. Just a thought.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking for a new victorian   I'm looking for a new victorian Icon_minitime12/7/2009, 10:39 am

The males were of an entirely different genetic line from the females. If it was the genetics it would have been one or the other that died on me not both.
I may have found a fish that I just cant keep cry I've heard of plenty of people not being able to keep a certain species of fish.........
I just need to look into a different vic to keep.
Back to top Go down
cichlid mania
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking for a new victorian   I'm looking for a new victorian Icon_minitime12/7/2009, 10:41 am

micahsutton wrote:
Pundamilia nyererei "Mwanza Gulf" I'm looking for a new victorian 311

Pundamilia nyererei "Ruti Island" (male)
I'm looking for a new victorian 410

Pundamilia sp. "Red Flank" (male)
I'm looking for a new victorian 510

I like these three alot.

Beautiful....Do this guys mix well with other species from a different lake?
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking for a new victorian   I'm looking for a new victorian Icon_minitime12/7/2009, 11:02 am

No. The color will fade.( unless you get something very calm as a tank mate like a Frontosa, Plecos or Syn. cats....something like that) They do well with each other. Larger groups. 4-5 females for each male. I have only kept Super Ruby Greens, Yellow belly Alberts and the Rufacodaulis.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking for a new victorian   I'm looking for a new victorian Icon_minitime12/7/2009, 11:44 am

Any other suggestions?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking for a new victorian   I'm looking for a new victorian Icon_minitime12/7/2009, 11:46 am

Along with what yall have for sale including size and price
Back to top Go down
rfish
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking for a new victorian   I'm looking for a new victorian Icon_minitime12/7/2009, 7:45 pm

I'm looking for a new victorian Albino10

Albino Half Crimson, $15 (4")
Back to top Go down
ilicurtisili
Admin
Admin
ilicurtisili

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking for a new victorian   I'm looking for a new victorian Icon_minitime12/8/2009, 1:22 am

what is this fish?
is there a name besides albino half crimson?
Back to top Go down
rfish
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking for a new victorian   I'm looking for a new victorian Icon_minitime12/8/2009, 2:54 am

Paralabidochromis sp. Crimson Tide (albino half crimson)
Back to top Go down
cichlid mania
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking for a new victorian   I'm looking for a new victorian Icon_minitime12/8/2009, 5:32 am

If anyone knows of a place or someone that has these fish let me know...i am interested
Back to top Go down
nick a
Sergeant
Sergeant
nick a

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking for a new victorian   I'm looking for a new victorian Icon_minitime12/8/2009, 5:57 am

Check the Paralab.?

sp. 'Crimson Tide' is in the Pundamilia genus so I'd assume the albino form is also....?

http://www.safhl.net/davesfish/images/Pundamilia%20sp%20Crimson%20Tide.jpg
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking for a new victorian   I'm looking for a new victorian Icon_minitime12/8/2009, 7:20 am

So far all that looks like I may want is what micahsutton posted
Back to top Go down
nick a
Sergeant
Sergeant
nick a

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking for a new victorian   I'm looking for a new victorian Icon_minitime12/9/2009, 8:24 am

Fern, if you get a chance to snag some from a reputable source, try to get the P.n. "mwanza". even tho we didn't get an absolute collection location in 2007(Mwanza gulf is quite large) these are the newest (best provenance) P.n.'s available in the US today and are well worthwhile! Absolutely beautiful fish.

This is a SUB-dom male I'm looking for a new victorian 165198 :
I'm looking for a new victorian Dsc1150
Back to top Go down
nick a
Sergeant
Sergeant
nick a

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking for a new victorian   I'm looking for a new victorian Icon_minitime12/9/2009, 8:35 am

BTW

Heres what a DOM male looks like rock on2
I'm looking for a new victorian Dsc17091051
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking for a new victorian   I'm looking for a new victorian Icon_minitime12/9/2009, 8:38 am

affraid Are those stunning beauty's yours?!?!?!?!
Back to top Go down
nick a
Sergeant
Sergeant
nick a

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking for a new victorian   I'm looking for a new victorian Icon_minitime12/9/2009, 8:51 am

Were........of all the fish I've ever kept, these (of course!) were about the only ones I wasn't able to have any success breeding cursing Go figure! Ha!

I got a group from the original import in '07, but the females all appeared to be fairly old. After many unsuccessful rearrangements I lost all the females. The FO males were spread out to others who got a hold of F1s from folks who did better with these fish than I did Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking for a new victorian   I'm looking for a new victorian Icon_minitime12/9/2009, 8:56 am

Sounds like my luck with the ruby greens......
Back to top Go down
Dave Schumacher
USA Fishbox Sponsor

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking for a new victorian   I'm looking for a new victorian Icon_minitime12/9/2009, 11:37 am

Sorry to go off topic, Fern. I just want to clarify that the albino half crimson is not an albino Pundamilia sp. "Crimson Tide", but rather an albino Paralabidochromis sp. "Half Crimson". To add to the confusion, the half crimson is likely just a color variant of the rock kribensis, which is now Paralabidochromis sauvagei.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking for a new victorian   I'm looking for a new victorian Icon_minitime12/9/2009, 12:18 pm

Good to know
Back to top Go down
h0ngkn0t2
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
h0ngkn0t2

Favorite Fish: : African cichlids, Bristlenose Plecos and Koi

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking for a new victorian   I'm looking for a new victorian Icon_minitime12/9/2009, 1:16 pm

I'm looking for a new victorian IMG_0013-1
How about this guy? He's my favorite fish in my 125 gallon.

Nick...I'm jealous. :)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking for a new victorian   I'm looking for a new victorian Icon_minitime12/9/2009, 1:19 pm

those are some great lookin specimens.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking for a new victorian   I'm looking for a new victorian Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm looking for a new victorian
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next