UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Suggestions for powerhead on 100 gallon freshwater tank

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jstump
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4

Favorite Fish: : Metriaclima sp. "Msobo" Magunga

Suggestions for powerhead on 100 gallon freshwater tank Empty
PostSubject: Suggestions for powerhead on 100 gallon freshwater tank   Suggestions for powerhead on 100 gallon freshwater tank Icon_minitime11/18/2011, 12:03 pm

I've noticed a few dead spots in my 100 gallon african tank. I have a fluval 405 and an aquatech 30-60 running the filtration but the fluval doesn't seem to be pushing out much flow. I have looked on ebay for some cheap powerheads or circulation pumps, but I was wondering what an ideal flow rate would be for 100 gallons? I found some on ebay where you get 2 1300 gph pumps for $29.95 shipped to door.
Back to top Go down
KingBichir
Admin
Admin
KingBichir

Favorite Fish: : all of them

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for powerhead on 100 gallon freshwater tank   Suggestions for powerhead on 100 gallon freshwater tank Icon_minitime11/18/2011, 12:43 pm

I don't think you would need both of them but those would work. I use to have a Ac50 powerhead in my 105. If your just doing it for extra circulation its would be more about keeping the fish confortable.
Back to top Go down
Jstump
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for powerhead on 100 gallon freshwater tank   Suggestions for powerhead on 100 gallon freshwater tank Icon_minitime11/18/2011, 12:46 pm

I figured 2 would be a little much, there are also 800 gph for fairly cheap as well
Back to top Go down
KingBichir
Admin
Admin
KingBichir

Favorite Fish: : all of them

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for powerhead on 100 gallon freshwater tank   Suggestions for powerhead on 100 gallon freshwater tank Icon_minitime11/18/2011, 1:33 pm

You could use 2 800gph on each end and you should be able to make it have no dead spots
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for powerhead on 100 gallon freshwater tank   Suggestions for powerhead on 100 gallon freshwater tank Icon_minitime11/18/2011, 2:05 pm

Get a FX5 and you won't have no problem with water flow! lol!
Back to top Go down
Jstump
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for powerhead on 100 gallon freshwater tank   Suggestions for powerhead on 100 gallon freshwater tank Icon_minitime11/18/2011, 2:09 pm

I wish! Guess i just need to start saving up! lol!
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for powerhead on 100 gallon freshwater tank   Suggestions for powerhead on 100 gallon freshwater tank Icon_minitime11/18/2011, 2:25 pm

Another way to add some flow is put 2 sponge filters in the back corners of the tank with an airpump.It adds flow and oxygen plus bacterial benefits from it.That would probally be cheaper then the powerheads.I have 2 sponges on my 140g and it works great.I will show you when you come over tomorrow.It also helps when you turn off your filters to clean them you leave the sponge filters on and the fish won't run out of oxygen!Just a suggestion!I have some xtra sopnges and air pump if you decide to go that route.You can still do that with powerheads,but you got to make sure they stay under the water!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for powerhead on 100 gallon freshwater tank   Suggestions for powerhead on 100 gallon freshwater tank Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for powerhead on 100 gallon freshwater tank
Page 1 of 1