UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Sunkenmetal’s Shrimp Tank Journal

Go down 
+6
MarkM
twinkle00star
Terry
James0816
KMX
sunkenmetal
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
sunkenmetal
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
sunkenmetal

Sunkenmetal’s Shrimp Tank Journal - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Sunkenmetal’s Shrimp Tank Journal   Sunkenmetal’s Shrimp Tank Journal - Page 3 Icon_minitime7/28/2011, 9:19 am

First topic message reminder :

So I found a new home for my Jack Dempsey’s and now have Red Cherry Shrimp (Neocaridina heteropoda) in the Tank. My Tank is a Marineland 56 gallon column Tank (30”x18”x24”).

For lighting I have a Corallife Freshwater Aqua light with two 65 watt 6700k bulbs. Filtration is done by an Eheim 2217-37 and a Rena Filstar XP2.

Right now I am getting ready to re-scape the tank with a piece of drift wood and some petrified wood.
I have removed all the fake plants and added some java-moss and some hornwort. I am picking up some java fern and some more RCS today.

I have trying to keep this tank low-tech plant wise so I plan on Weekly water changes and maybe dosing with Flourish Excel and some liquid ferts once a week…

Any Questions and Comments are welcome.

Here is a picture of what the tank looks like right now before the re-scape…

Sunkenmetal’s Shrimp Tank Journal - Page 3 Kkak8
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
sunkenmetal
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Major Rescape   Sunkenmetal’s Shrimp Tank Journal - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/7/2011, 10:55 am

So I was getting tired of the tannins so I took the drift wood out. Did some rearranging of the rocks. I added more moss and some Susswassertang.

I am going to be adding some Wistaria as a back ground plant...

Sunkenmetal’s Shrimp Tank Journal - Page 3 8fv3i

Sunkenmetal’s Shrimp Tank Journal - Page 3 LKFs8
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Sunkenmetal’s Shrimp Tank Journal   Sunkenmetal’s Shrimp Tank Journal - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/7/2011, 11:00 am

Well done sir! In a few months all those plants will be taking over. usafishbox
Back to top Go down
sunkenmetal
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
sunkenmetal

PostSubject: Re: Sunkenmetal’s Shrimp Tank Journal   Sunkenmetal’s Shrimp Tank Journal - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/7/2011, 11:08 am

Thanks...

I cant wait for the Susswassertang to grow in...
Back to top Go down
Shea
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Sunkenmetal’s Shrimp Tank Journal   Sunkenmetal’s Shrimp Tank Journal - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/7/2011, 5:10 pm

sunkenmetal wrote:

I cant wait for the Susswassertang to grow in...
I've never heard of that plant, looked it up. Weird but neat, lol. I bet the shrimp will love it.
Your tank looks just as good with the rocks, I know what you mean about the tanins from the wood.
Back to top Go down
sunkenmetal
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
sunkenmetal

PostSubject: Re: Sunkenmetal’s Shrimp Tank Journal   Sunkenmetal’s Shrimp Tank Journal - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/8/2011, 6:29 am

My shrimp love the Susswassertang.

I got some root tabs and some wisteria yesterday for a back ground plant. The shrimp love that to.

Cherry shrimp pretty much love any plant they can climb around on.
Back to top Go down
James0816
Captain
Captain
James0816

Favorite Fish: : Stingrays
Otocinclus Catfish
Kuhli Loaches

PostSubject: Re: Sunkenmetal’s Shrimp Tank Journal   Sunkenmetal’s Shrimp Tank Journal - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/8/2011, 7:28 am

Shrimp love Sub that's for sure. :)
Back to top Go down
sunkenmetal
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
sunkenmetal

PostSubject: Re: Sunkenmetal’s Shrimp Tank Journal   Sunkenmetal’s Shrimp Tank Journal - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/8/2011, 8:47 am

Just cleaned my 2217 and found a juvenile shrimp in the filter. I thought he was dead. so I scooped him up on my finger and put him back in the tank. To my surprise he swam away.

lol!
Back to top Go down
sunkenmetal
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
sunkenmetal

PostSubject: Re: Sunkenmetal’s Shrimp Tank Journal   Sunkenmetal’s Shrimp Tank Journal - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/13/2011, 7:02 am

Well the wisteria I planted is growing well.

I will be picking up 50+ Malawa shrimp Wednesday afternoon Sunkenmetal’s Shrimp Tank Journal - Page 3 395554
Back to top Go down
sunkenmetal
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
sunkenmetal

PostSubject: Re: Sunkenmetal’s Shrimp Tank Journal   Sunkenmetal’s Shrimp Tank Journal - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/15/2011, 8:07 am

Got some Malawa shrimp from a guy here in Houston yesterday. I am loving these shrimp.

Here are some pictures.

Sunkenmetal’s Shrimp Tank Journal - Page 3 5xNBO

Sunkenmetal’s Shrimp Tank Journal - Page 3 CsynX

Sunkenmetal’s Shrimp Tank Journal - Page 3 YVQhk

Picture of one of my OTTOS

Sunkenmetal’s Shrimp Tank Journal - Page 3 PLYqt

Sunkenmetal’s Shrimp Tank Journal - Page 3 DrMW5

Sunkenmetal’s Shrimp Tank Journal - Page 3 V2QTX

Sunkenmetal’s Shrimp Tank Journal - Page 3 VMxVM

Sunkenmetal’s Shrimp Tank Journal - Page 3 KKebv

Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: Sunkenmetal’s Shrimp Tank Journal   Sunkenmetal’s Shrimp Tank Journal - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/15/2011, 9:28 am

Very nice.

Does he ship?
Back to top Go down
sunkenmetal
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
sunkenmetal

PostSubject: Re: Sunkenmetal’s Shrimp Tank Journal   Sunkenmetal’s Shrimp Tank Journal - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/15/2011, 9:35 am

KMX wrote:
Very nice.

Does he ship?

I don't know.. But I am thinking about buying about 300 more of them...
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: Sunkenmetal’s Shrimp Tank Journal   Sunkenmetal’s Shrimp Tank Journal - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/15/2011, 9:42 am

wow that is a bunch. I just want like 15-20 LOL

I am with ya , I love the shrimps. I am buidling a rack just for my shrimps tanks.
Back to top Go down
sunkenmetal
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
sunkenmetal

PostSubject: Re: Sunkenmetal’s Shrimp Tank Journal   Sunkenmetal’s Shrimp Tank Journal - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/15/2011, 9:49 am

KMX wrote:
wow that is a bunch. I just want like 15-20 LOL

I am with ya , I love the shrimps. I am buidling a rack just for my shrimps tanks.

I wan't a shrimp rack...

I will pm you his info...
Back to top Go down
Shea
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Sunkenmetal’s Shrimp Tank Journal   Sunkenmetal’s Shrimp Tank Journal - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/15/2011, 12:46 pm

I have to look at this thread when my husband isn't here, he still wants a tank like yours. :) That java moss looks fantastic! You are doing a good job... I know I'd kill the plants if/when I try what you are doing...
Back to top Go down
sunkenmetal
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
sunkenmetal

PostSubject: Re: Sunkenmetal’s Shrimp Tank Journal   Sunkenmetal’s Shrimp Tank Journal - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/15/2011, 2:27 pm

Shea wrote:
I have to look at this thread when my husband isn't here, he still wants a tank like yours. :) That java moss looks fantastic! You are doing a good job... I know I'd kill the plants if/when I try what you are doing...

Java moss is easy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sunkenmetal’s Shrimp Tank Journal   Sunkenmetal’s Shrimp Tank Journal - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sunkenmetal’s Shrimp Tank Journal
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3