UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Virginia Tidewater Meeting 8 / 20

Go down 
+7
jb1edlover
Jeepluv77
KMX
strikingthematch
WildWiley
Flippercon
Jd.
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

Favorite Fish: : I dont knows ????

Virginia Tidewater Meeting 8 / 20  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Virginia Tidewater Meeting 8 / 20    Virginia Tidewater Meeting 8 / 20  - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/26/2011, 10:34 pm

First topic message reminder :

So we will be having our fist official meeting on Aug. 20th at 1 : 30 pm.
Please feel free to bring fish and food .. as if there is anything else in life. I will be providing a lot of food but if you would like to bring some please feel free to do so. If we have any special requests for food or drink please let me know asap. Please bring any fish that you would like to trade off or sell. Would also be nice to bring some items that you no longer need and would like to sell as part of donations for the club.

If you would like my cell number please ask in a PM

As for any suggestions please list them out and we can get this thing planned and rolling.

Also I plan on getting some cool stuff for a tank " ex. lights - substrate - decor and such", and/or rare fish to auction off for donations to the club please let me know any ideas you may have.

Last edited by Jd. on 8/21/2011, 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3

PostSubject: Re: Virginia Tidewater Meeting 8 / 20    Virginia Tidewater Meeting 8 / 20  - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/1/2011, 10:29 am

Feedback as in what people want to eat drink / what they will be bringing / will they be needing a 10g or bigger to hold some fry or adults / how many people will be coming ... stuff like that. Please remember to invite anyone you may think will enjoy this doesn't really matter if they keep fish or not if they have a interest then bring them.

"JD will want to show us his fish room. "

haha I dont know about all that I dont want to get schooled by all you pros.

And JB as far as political issues I dont think it will be an issue due to the fact everyone knows im the supreme commander ... obviously haha
Back to top Go down
jb1edlover
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
jb1edlover

Favorite Fish: : I have the fish in my avatar but the photo was taken by Nick Andreola of the HCCC. His photography skills are a little better than mine!

PostSubject: Re: Virginia Tidewater Meeting 8 / 20    Virginia Tidewater Meeting 8 / 20  - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/1/2011, 3:56 pm

I will most likely be alone... the wife and kids could care less about fish! I'll get the wife to bake some goodies though! She's good in the kitchen. As far as what to bring.... Im not sure because I just wiped out all the fry at the last fish convention! I do have several moms holding now but they won't release till the week before or the week of the meeting and I don't want to bag up such young fry! I might move a few adults as I have most of the back up colonies breeding already. I have a few colonies that need a little more work though. I have some used stuff laying around like Emporer 400's and a few aqua clears I might bring. I also have 10 brand new aqua clear 70's and 4 aqua clear 110's that are still in the wrapper. I bought them to switch out my old filters but went with a central air system instead... so I have them sitting on shelves. I don't want to make profiet on them but I don't want to lose anything either. So if anyone is interested let me know and we can work out something.
JB
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

Favorite Fish: : Venustus and Catfish

PostSubject: Re: Virginia Tidewater Meeting 8 / 20    Virginia Tidewater Meeting 8 / 20  - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/1/2011, 4:51 pm

I will be heading down there for the meeting either alone or with some other people from the Central Chapter to come meet everybody. If you need me to bring something let me know.
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

PostSubject: Re: Virginia Tidewater Meeting 8 / 20    Virginia Tidewater Meeting 8 / 20  - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/1/2011, 7:07 pm

Ben ,
Bring yourself and anything else is just a plus , if you want some beer or anything you may to bring it because I dont drink beer lol.

JB ,
I will take a few of the filters off your hands mostly for my juvi tanks , and if nothing else we can try to sell some off and the profit goes into the group bank , that is if you want to lol. And I promise ill take some adults off you haha.

At the moment I may buy a few pizzas or fire up the grill and cook some stuff really up to whatever you guys want to do. I am also going to make some dips for some finger foods and then plates cups silverware. So if you want something not listed let me know your bringing it : )

Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

Favorite Fish: : Electric Blue Rocio Octofasciata

PostSubject: Re: Virginia Tidewater Meeting 8 / 20    Virginia Tidewater Meeting 8 / 20  - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/1/2011, 7:21 pm

Man i cant wait for this meeting. Looking forward to meeting everyone. I will be brining something just not sure what yet. I will let you know Jd what it is when I figure it out.
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

PostSubject: Re: Virginia Tidewater Meeting 8 / 20    Virginia Tidewater Meeting 8 / 20  - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/1/2011, 10:14 pm

Awesome dude thanks , I will try to get something to give away to people who show up and are willing to take some home ... got lots of Jack Dempseys haha
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Virginia Tidewater Meeting 8 / 20    Virginia Tidewater Meeting 8 / 20  - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/2/2011, 10:04 am

Looks like you all are going to have some fun!
Back to top Go down
Foose81
Private First Class
Private First Class

Favorite Fish: : ALL!!

PostSubject: Re: Virginia Tidewater Meeting 8 / 20    Virginia Tidewater Meeting 8 / 20  - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/2/2011, 8:22 pm

Hoping to make it out and meet everyone. Not sure how things will play out with the children though.
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

PostSubject: Re: Virginia Tidewater Meeting 8 / 20    Virginia Tidewater Meeting 8 / 20  - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/2/2011, 8:29 pm

Its ok I have a few fish tanks at my house that we can dunk them in if they act out haha / water boarding ?

JUST KIDDING .... maybe
Back to top Go down
zeashness
Sergeant
Sergeant
zeashness

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Angels (lovvvee platnium veils!), Diamond Tetras, Rainbows, African Cichlids

PostSubject: Re: Virginia Tidewater Meeting 8 / 20    Virginia Tidewater Meeting 8 / 20  - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/5/2011, 10:33 pm

Wooo, there's going to be a lot of testosterone at this meeting. Someone better bring their woman. :P

If I'm not feeling lazy, I might make my special Angelfish frosted sugar cookies again (made them for the first meeting up in Richmond). Otherwise, we'll just pickup and bring some chips/cookies/drinks or something.
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

PostSubject: Re: Virginia Tidewater Meeting 8 / 20    Virginia Tidewater Meeting 8 / 20  - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/5/2011, 10:44 pm

Lol Ash I couldn't even get my gf to come get the Angels from yalls house that SHE wanted. Not a chance she is gonna let me drag her to a fish meeting that far away.
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

PostSubject: Re: Virginia Tidewater Meeting 8 / 20    Virginia Tidewater Meeting 8 / 20  - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/6/2011, 12:02 am

Ben wrote:
Lol Ash I couldn't even get my gf to come get the Angels from yalls house that SHE wanted. Not a chance she is gonna let me drag her to a fish meeting that far away.

I can always promise some long fin electric blue rams to her if she comes haha they are my most girly fish :P

Haha im kidding but maybe I can get cheesecake from cheesecake factory ehhh ehhh nothing like bribing girls with cheesecake !!!
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

PostSubject: Re: Virginia Tidewater Meeting 8 / 20    Virginia Tidewater Meeting 8 / 20  - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/13/2011, 8:39 pm

Ok guys the meetings is coming up in 1 week so I would like to know who is going to be showing up , if you don't let me know I don't mind but if there is not enough food for you please don't take it out on any fish.

Please send some invites to anyone you think would find it worth the time to come and spend some time looking , learning , talking about fish.

I will be giving out some of my jack dempseys for free as well as some of my convict/honduran red point hybrids. I will try to sell some of my pure honduran red points , nics , plat. angels , LF eb rams , and possibly some of my lake victorians.

If you want to bring some fish to sell let me know and I will set up a tank for them to be seen by anyone wanting to buy them.
Back to top Go down
strikingthematch
Captain
Captain
strikingthematch

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Stingrays, Arowana, Rams, and Angels

PostSubject: Re: Virginia Tidewater Meeting 8 / 20    Virginia Tidewater Meeting 8 / 20  - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/13/2011, 8:43 pm

Just have a tank setup that has been heated to 78-80 so if anyone wants to bring fish they can just put them in bags and set them in there. They will be fine for the few hours while we hold the meetings.

Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

PostSubject: Re: Virginia Tidewater Meeting 8 / 20    Virginia Tidewater Meeting 8 / 20  - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/13/2011, 9:23 pm

I will be there.
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

PostSubject: Re: Virginia Tidewater Meeting 8 / 20    Virginia Tidewater Meeting 8 / 20  - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/14/2011, 1:14 am

Ok cool I will set up a tank for viewing of the fish please bring clear bags haha
I will also get a extra air punk to split some line for the bags , I also need another air pump so 2 birds with 1 stone.

Striking I know you said something about getting the word out threw craigslist , have you had any success with that ?

Also Ben try to round up some northern virginians and force them to come haha
Back to top Go down
jb1edlover
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
jb1edlover

Favorite Fish: : I have the fish in my avatar but the photo was taken by Nick Andreola of the HCCC. His photography skills are a little better than mine!

PostSubject: Re: Virginia Tidewater Meeting 8 / 20    Virginia Tidewater Meeting 8 / 20  - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/14/2011, 7:28 am

Quote :
I will be giving out some of my jack dempseys for free as well as some of my convict/honduran red point hybrids.

I want all of the hybrids.... DON"T ASK...
JB
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

PostSubject: Re: Virginia Tidewater Meeting 8 / 20    Virginia Tidewater Meeting 8 / 20  - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/14/2011, 9:04 am

Haha you want my feeders , yes i feed them to my flower horn haha makes me giggle.Even tho id have to say my jack dempseys like them a little more freaking garbage disposals.
Back to top Go down
strikingthematch
Captain
Captain
strikingthematch

PostSubject: Re: Virginia Tidewater Meeting 8 / 20    Virginia Tidewater Meeting 8 / 20  - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/14/2011, 5:28 pm

This meeting should be great! I will surely be there along with the wife!
Back to top Go down
Foose81
Private First Class
Private First Class

Favorite Fish: : ALL!!

PostSubject: Re: Virginia Tidewater Meeting 8 / 20    Virginia Tidewater Meeting 8 / 20  - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/15/2011, 3:07 pm

Can't wait to meet some of you guys. Not sure how long I can stay yet, but hopefully long enough to meet everyone and learn more.
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

PostSubject: Re: Virginia Tidewater Meeting 8 / 20    Virginia Tidewater Meeting 8 / 20  - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/19/2011, 9:14 am

Alrighty guys a last call out to remind everyone that the meeting is indeed tomarrow at 1 : 30 , just to remind everyone please feel free to bring some fish in bags if your wanting to sell or give them away. Also bring some equipment that your trying to get rid of as we will try to auction some of it off. I have gone out and got some finger food 10 cases of soda and will be ordering some pizza , please feel free to bring whatever you would like type it in this thread if you would please.

Last edited by Jd. on 8/21/2011, 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

PostSubject: Re: Virginia Tidewater Meeting 8 / 20    Virginia Tidewater Meeting 8 / 20  - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/19/2011, 8:17 pm

Should be fun hopefully get a good crowd.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Virginia Tidewater Meeting 8 / 20    Virginia Tidewater Meeting 8 / 20  - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/20/2011, 9:12 am

Hope you all have fun today! Take some pics!
Back to top Go down
strikingthematch
Captain
Captain
strikingthematch

PostSubject: Re: Virginia Tidewater Meeting 8 / 20    Virginia Tidewater Meeting 8 / 20  - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/20/2011, 9:22 am

Should be a good time!
Back to top Go down
AFRICAN757
Private First Class
Private First Class
AFRICAN757

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids

PostSubject: Re: Virginia Tidewater Meeting 8 / 20    Virginia Tidewater Meeting 8 / 20  - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/20/2011, 10:37 am

is anyone car pooling in that direction?
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

Favorite Fish: : Electric Blue Rocio Octofasciata

PostSubject: Re: Virginia Tidewater Meeting 8 / 20    Virginia Tidewater Meeting 8 / 20  - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/20/2011, 11:16 am

Lots of troopers on 64 for any of you speeders.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Virginia Tidewater Meeting 8 / 20    Virginia Tidewater Meeting 8 / 20  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Virginia Tidewater Meeting 8 / 20
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next