UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Dan's Non-Aquatic Tanks

Go down 
+2
strikingthematch
dnphillips08
6 posters
AuthorMessage
dnphillips08
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
dnphillips08

Favorite Fish: : Discus

Dan's Non-Aquatic Tanks Empty
PostSubject: Dan's Non-Aquatic Tanks   Dan's Non-Aquatic Tanks Icon_minitime7/17/2011, 9:08 pm

So besides my 75G Discus tank and 20G Tall Geosesarma Sp. Vivarium, I have a 20G Tall Bombina orientalis "Fire Bellied Toad" Vivarium and a 12"x12"x18" Exo-Terra Vivarium housing a Rhacodactylus ciliatus "Crested Gecko."

20G Bombina orientalis Vivarium
I found these boisterous toads to be quite entertaining so I set up a tank for them. Currently it doesn't have much in it plant wise but I hope to upgrade it soon enough. It is about 3/4 water and 1/4 land which the frogs seem to enjoy the water more than the land anyways. It has a cork background and waterfall feature built into the side. I can go into the details of how I built the tank if anyone is interested, so just let me know. As always comments on improvement are always welcome :D.
FTS
Dan's Non-Aquatic Tanks IMG_0931
TOADS!
Dan's Non-Aquatic Tanks IMG_0974
Dan's Non-Aquatic Tanks IMG_0970
Dan's Non-Aquatic Tanks IMG_0965
Dan's Non-Aquatic Tanks IMG_0932
Exo-Terra Rhacodactylus ciliatus Vivarium
I was looking for a pet that was able to be handled since most of my pets can't be handled and I found Rhacodactylus ciliatus. Crested geckos are nocturnal, so they are much more fun to watch at night. I'm still adapting mine to being held but overall she is a sweet. She mostly eats baby food and Repashy CGD, but will occasionally snag a cricket or two. I bought her tailless as in nature most Crested's have lost their tails, so I felt it more natural to buy one without a tail. With this vivarium I plan on going all planted and all natural, which it currently is not. I ordered some plants and I am going to find some driftwood here in the near future. If you have any advice or comments, let me know!
Front
Dan's Non-Aquatic Tanks IMG_0975
Side
Dan's Non-Aquatic Tanks IMG_0978
My Girl
Dan's Non-Aquatic Tanks IMG_0947
Dan's Non-Aquatic Tanks IMG_0976
Back to top Go down
strikingthematch
Captain
Captain
strikingthematch

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Stingrays, Arowana, Rams, and Angels

PostSubject: Re: Dan's Non-Aquatic Tanks   Dan's Non-Aquatic Tanks Icon_minitime7/17/2011, 9:52 pm

Great looking setups! I can't look at this too much or I will want to set something liek that up! haha Great job!
Back to top Go down
Aquanationdfw
Private First Class
Private First Class
Aquanationdfw

Favorite Fish: : Fahaka puffer or jack Dempsey

PostSubject: Re: Dan's Non-Aquatic Tanks   Dan's Non-Aquatic Tanks Icon_minitime7/17/2011, 10:04 pm

Yeah dude, you got a great set up fire bellies are awesome our biggest issue was keeping it in the tank we had a screen top on it but he would wait for us to open the lid and go for it! We had a jack Russell terrier that was amazed by the little creature but was not so happy when she ended up with it in her mouth they are actually are quite poisonous at least to dogs it almost killed her she was having trouble breathing vomiting etc. But like I said great set up bro they are alot of fun
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

Favorite Fish: : I dont knows ????

PostSubject: Re: Dan's Non-Aquatic Tanks   Dan's Non-Aquatic Tanks Icon_minitime7/17/2011, 10:15 pm

Hahaha man I guess you did get fish fever , well some kind of fever maybe a reptile crab fever haha. So when did you get your gecko ? I will look for some places with driftwood around town , what size did you need home slice. And also your new buddies look really good nice job homie.
Back to top Go down
Demonkegman
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Demonkegman

Favorite Fish: :
Salt water - Lion fish.
Fresh water - Arowana.
Food - Any type of Salmon sushi.

SALT WATER LOVER!!!! Fresh...... not so much...

PostSubject: Re: Dan's Non-Aquatic Tanks   Dan's Non-Aquatic Tanks Icon_minitime7/18/2011, 1:43 pm

that last picture is AWESOME!!! Jurassic Park raptors!!! "SHOOOOOT HEEEER!!!" lmao, love it...
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

PostSubject: Re: Dan's Non-Aquatic Tanks   Dan's Non-Aquatic Tanks Icon_minitime7/18/2011, 3:01 pm

Demonkegman wrote:
that last picture is AWESOME!!! Jurassic Park raptors!!! "SHOOOOOT HEEEER!!!" lmao, love it...

HAHAHA had the same thought and almost said something but I was like oh no one will know what im talking about haha
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

Favorite Fish: : Electric Blue Rocio Octofasciata

PostSubject: Re: Dan's Non-Aquatic Tanks   Dan's Non-Aquatic Tanks Icon_minitime7/18/2011, 5:20 pm

If your looking for some good pieces of driftwood check out the enchanted forest in chesapeake.
Back to top Go down
dnphillips08
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
dnphillips08

PostSubject: Re: Dan's Non-Aquatic Tanks   Dan's Non-Aquatic Tanks Icon_minitime7/18/2011, 7:42 pm

Haha thanks guys! I'll have to check out enchanted garderns, I need some driftwood for a few of my tanks
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

PostSubject: Re: Dan's Non-Aquatic Tanks   Dan's Non-Aquatic Tanks Icon_minitime7/18/2011, 11:59 pm

Hit me up tomarrow and i will gladly go with you and did you find out about being on duty this week ?
Back to top Go down
dnphillips08
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
dnphillips08

PostSubject: Re: Dan's Non-Aquatic Tanks   Dan's Non-Aquatic Tanks Icon_minitime7/19/2011, 8:15 am

No I won't know until Friday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dan's Non-Aquatic Tanks   Dan's Non-Aquatic Tanks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dan's Non-Aquatic Tanks
Page 1 of 1