UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

seastar breeding

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
WildWiley
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
WildWiley

Favorite Fish: : clown I do love my nems and inverts

seastar breeding Empty
PostSubject: seastar breeding   seastar breeding Icon_minitime7/9/2011, 4:37 pm

so i was wonder how hard would it be to breed some chocolate stars to keep for some Harlequin shrimp i asked the guy at the pet store he says its next to imposable but from reading on here maybe not. i will not be keeping them in the same tank as the shrimp btw
Back to top Go down
cwhip
cwhip

Favorite Fish: : Maroon clownfish,Tangs,bluespot jaw fish,Bangaii,Mandarins etc.......I love all fish really.

seastar breeding Empty
PostSubject: Re: seastar breeding   seastar breeding Icon_minitime7/9/2011, 5:17 pm

Chocolate Chip Sea Stars do not generally breed in captivity it also takes them 2-3 years to get to 3 inches, you would also need a pretty large dedicated tank just for the stars and keeping in mind the minimum Tank Size for one is 20 gallon.
I have a pair of Harlequin and they can easily wipe out a starfish that size a week each. I just buy them and keep them in my sump and take legs for the Harlequin. I'm also seeing how long it takes for the missing limbs to grow back so far its very slow.
Back to top Go down
Demonkegman
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Demonkegman

Favorite Fish: :
Salt water - Lion fish.
Fresh water - Arowana.
Food - Any type of Salmon sushi.

SALT WATER LOVER!!!! Fresh...... not so much...

seastar breeding Empty
PostSubject: Re: seastar breeding   seastar breeding Icon_minitime7/9/2011, 7:46 pm

I cut a starfish in half... As an experiment... Both parts lived about 5 months, and NO re-arm growth AT ALL...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

seastar breeding Empty
PostSubject: Re: seastar breeding   seastar breeding Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

seastar breeding
Page 1 of 1