UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Virginia Chapter and HCCC share similar structure.

Go down 
+2
steves_kiki
D'Claro
6 posters
AuthorMessage
D'Claro
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
D'Claro

Virginia Chapter and HCCC share similar structure. Empty
PostSubject: Virginia Chapter and HCCC share similar structure.   Virginia Chapter and HCCC share similar structure. Icon_minitime5/13/2011, 1:47 pm

As I checked out the information for the FOTAS 2011 meeting, I landed on the About Us page of the HCCC (Hill Country Cichlid Club.)

What they had to say resounded well with me. It seems to me that the beginnings of the HCCC are very much like those of the USAfishbox Virginia Chapter (VAC), and their goals for that club are much like our current goals for the VAC.

HCCC: "In November of 2003, a small group of people with an interest in all things cichlid arranged a meeting together for an afternoon of fish chat."

The VAC had a similar beginning in January of 2011. The only difference is that we did not limit our interests to cichlids.

HCCC: "The main core of original members, whom had done the majority of organizational planning and implementing events and activities, formed the HCCC Leadership group."

This is also true for the VAC, and our core group is growing. At first, the VAC leadership group was called the Board of Directors. When our chairman resigned, we shifted to call the board the Organizing Committee. In many ways the Organizing Committee of the VAC mirrors the Leadership Group of the HCCC.

HCCC: "This group consists of seven members who, for the most part, share similar visions for the club."

The VAC committee used to consist of seven members but two have decided they did not share our goals or visions for the club and have left of their own volition. At the moment we have five dedicated members and as things progress with the club, we most likely will add two more to make seven.

HCCC: "The Hill Country Cichlid Club is powered by committees. All committees report directly to the Leadership Group."

The VAC is a very young organization but already we have two committees and believe in the value of committees, much like the HCCC. Our two committees are the Auction Committee and the Reception Committee and are headed up by hard-working members who have solicited teams from the membership. Each committee head may structure their team as they see fit, and all committees are responsible to the Organizing committee. This seems to work best for now but, as I said, we are a very young group.

HCCC: "The best way to see the HCCC take a direction you would like is to become actively involved. There will always be room for help and ideas."

This same sentiment applies to the VAC and active involvement by the membership is our key to success. Getting involved with the club, attending meetings, being part of the solution - not to use a cliché! - is the way to go! We have a very positive outlook.

HCCC: "The major driving force powering the HCCC is the enjoyment of the hobby and being able to share experiences with others. We are a family oriented organization with spouses and children being welcomed at club functions. The Leadership Group will do all it can to ensure that all members have a positive experience within the club."

Well said, HCCC. I can't say it better.

Read their whole statement here:
http://www.hillcountrycichlidclub.com/about.php

I just want to add that this is my own assessment of the way things are with the Virginia Chapter at this time.
Purely IMO! Virginia Chapter and HCCC share similar structure. 393849
Back to top Go down
steves_kiki
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
steves_kiki

Favorite Fish: : I love them all and snails!

PostSubject: Re: Virginia Chapter and HCCC share similar structure.   Virginia Chapter and HCCC share similar structure. Icon_minitime5/13/2011, 2:14 pm

Very cool! Lots of similarities!
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Virginia Chapter and HCCC share similar structure.   Virginia Chapter and HCCC share similar structure. Icon_minitime5/13/2011, 2:56 pm

Not a bad club might I add. lol!

Lot's of good things going on down there. The HCCC is one of the reasons USA is where it is today. Those guys n gals have helped out a bunch! Much love for the HCCC. usafishbox
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

Favorite Fish: : Venustus and Catfish

PostSubject: Re: Virginia Chapter and HCCC share similar structure.   Virginia Chapter and HCCC share similar structure. Icon_minitime5/13/2011, 3:25 pm

D'Claro wrote:
I just want to add that this is my own assessment of the way things are with the Virginia Chapter at this time.
Purely IMO! Virginia Chapter and HCCC share similar structure. 393849

I totally agree with your assessment. Thank you for posting all of that Deb.
Back to top Go down
jb1edlover
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
jb1edlover

Favorite Fish: : I have the fish in my avatar but the photo was taken by Nick Andreola of the HCCC. His photography skills are a little better than mine!

PostSubject: Re: Virginia Chapter and HCCC share similar structure.   Virginia Chapter and HCCC share similar structure. Icon_minitime5/13/2011, 7:32 pm

Yeah the HCCC is a really great club and would be a good "blue print" for any organization to follow or get ideas from. I've met some of those guys personally and have learned a tremendous amount from them! Not to mention they have some extremely handsome guys in their leadership group!
It would be a great trip if any of you guys could make that FOTAS trip, the convention is second to none. You can't find a better speaker line-up anywhere! I'll be there!
JB
Back to top Go down
strikingthematch
Captain
Captain
strikingthematch

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Stingrays, Arowana, Rams, and Angels

PostSubject: Re: Virginia Chapter and HCCC share similar structure.   Virginia Chapter and HCCC share similar structure. Icon_minitime5/13/2011, 8:52 pm

Great post Deb it is pretty amazing how close things fall sometimes but it does make sense when you figure what we are out to do and with any expanding club. Always some good and bad times and you can't win them all but we have a great following. It will be interesting to see how the next meeting goes with some of the people changing.
Back to top Go down
D'Claro
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
D'Claro

PostSubject: Re: Virginia Chapter and HCCC share similar structure.   Virginia Chapter and HCCC share similar structure. Icon_minitime5/13/2011, 11:30 pm

striking wrote:
... it is pretty amazing how close things fall sometimes but it does make sense when you figure what we are out to do and with any expanding club.
This is what I thought, too. I thought it was significant that, without deliberately using the HCCC as a model, we were able to pretty much duplicate the set-up of an already successful club. It must mean we are on the right track here in Virginia!

jb1 wrote:
... It would be a great trip if any of you guys could make that FOTAS trip, the convention is second to none. You can't find a better speaker line-up anywhere! I'll be there!
The speaker line-up is amazing!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Virginia Chapter and HCCC share similar structure.   Virginia Chapter and HCCC share similar structure. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Virginia Chapter and HCCC share similar structure.
Page 1 of 1