UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

angel fish

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ramona
Private
Private

Favorite Fish: : Discus

angel fish Empty
PostSubject: angel fish   angel fish Icon_minitime5/4/2011, 9:04 am

How do you foster hatch angel fry?
Back to top Go down
Geostar
Private
Private

Favorite Fish: : Geophagus species and angelfish currently. However, I also enjoy those wild mouthbrooding bettas when I can!

angel fish Empty
PostSubject: Re: angel fish   angel fish Icon_minitime5/4/2011, 9:17 am

Boy..that's a tough question! I have bred and raised baby angels,with their parents, in a 10 gallon aquarium. When the babies were getting larger, I did remove the parents.. However, the fry were 'lost' with the larger fish around, but, after a few days got used to that fact. In regards to your question, keep the babies in a 10 gallon with a sponge filter and feed them micro worms. Best wishes..
Geostar
Back to top Go down
ramona
Private
Private

angel fish Empty
PostSubject: Re: angel fish   angel fish Icon_minitime5/4/2011, 9:33 am

Thank u sir for replying too me I have six pairs of discus and 8 pairs of angels when I breed my angel my ph is in between 6.5-6.8 and my hardness is 80-100ppm my water is very soft and acid I make them spawn in a 100 litre tank and I transfer the eggs into a 20l tank with acorphabine and airstone and a heater I have 99 percent hatch rate but when they free swimming I feed them brime shrimp after three days they all die plz advise me how too take it from their onwards this is the only problem I have I loose between 1000 babies at a time. Plz advise me on water changes and transefering too rearing tank ramona sa durban
Back to top Go down
Geostar
Private
Private

Favorite Fish: : Geophagus species and angelfish currently. However, I also enjoy those wild mouthbrooding bettas when I can!

angel fish Empty
PostSubject: Re: angel fish   angel fish Icon_minitime5/4/2011, 10:17 am

You are most welcome! Thank you for your reply. As for my breeding angelfish, I've always had great success with a 10 gallon aquarium with a pH of 7.0 to 7.2 Depending upon the size of your fish, I have allowed the parents to remain with the eggs and babies unless the parents tend to eat the eggs. Angelfish are wonderful parents!

Indeed, I have had the same pair spawn again in this ten gallon aquarium after their first 'brood' is two weeks old! They never bothered to scare the other babies away or did they try to eat the older fry! This has happened twice..and I ended up with over 100 babies in that aquarium. About 80% of them survived.. I also had a heater in their tank as well.

If I were you, I would transfer one pair of angelfish breeders to a 10 gallon(or 20 gallon size)..furnish it with a piece of slate to lay upon and have a sponge filter. When the eggs are laid, leave the parents alone with their babies. Angelfish pick their babies up and clean them now and then..then spit them back into the group.
Baby brine shrimp is great for them, but microworms are good, too. You may be over feeding the babies and that is why they die.

Or, they miss their parents as they need them for protection and to be cleaned from microscopic critters which we, as humans, can't see. To me having the parents with the babies is the most rewarding thing to watch.

Hope I've helped you..good luck..

Geostar
Back to top Go down
ramona
Private
Private

angel fish Empty
PostSubject: Re: angel fish   angel fish Icon_minitime5/4/2011, 10:29 am

Thanx very much for ur advice I have a pair with 100L water with a heater sponge filter and a pvc pipe they spawn every 7 days but after they spawn they eat they eggs or they fry therefore I have too foster rear give me some tips on how too prevent them from not eating the eggs or fry they are well fed with tetra bits my own beef heart mixture blood worms and flakes so there's no reason for hunger do u run ur system with a ro unit or tap water condition I have a ro unit and my water perimeters are 100 percent I also have micro worms and brime shrimp plz advise me how often too feed micro worms for 200 babies god bless u ramona
Back to top Go down
Dan W.
Sergeant
Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : To many to list but mostly Cichlids

angel fish Empty
PostSubject: Re: angel fish   angel fish Icon_minitime5/4/2011, 2:00 pm

Yep I agree it sounds like over feeding. Feed once a day first two days and increase gradually. Make partial water changes everyday removing excess food each time. Good Luck!
Back to top Go down
strikingthematch
Captain
Captain
strikingthematch

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Stingrays, Arowana, Rams, and Angels

angel fish Empty
PostSubject: Re: angel fish   angel fish Icon_minitime5/4/2011, 2:21 pm

It is common for Angel fish parents to eat their young.
How long have yours been spawning?
During this period of spawnning it is important to make sure the parents are well fed and feel no stress.
Are there other fish in the tank?
Do you leave the lights on once they spawn?
Angel fish spook very easily and have a tendency to "save" the eggs by eating them.

After the eggs are first fertilized it takes about 24 hours before you will know how many eggs are fertile.

Those that are not will turn white and fungus will start to grow on them. If left with the parents they will eat these eggs and likely move the remaining eggs to another clean spot.

Once they reach the wiggling stage (4-5 days) the parents may move them or divide them up as they see hit. Any fry that have failed to develop during this time will also be eaten.

Not long after these you should see your first free swimming fry, once you see this start your brine shrimp factory up. The yolk sac (small yellowish sac) at the bottom of the fry will sustain them during this initial 24 hour period.

After all the fry are free swimming and moving around I suggest moving them to another smaller aquarium that is bare bottom and easy to clean/water change.

Once they are all moved to this new tank give them a little time and they feed them some freshly hatched brine shrimp. They will tend to huddle in groups around the tank at first (50 n a corner here 50 here... ect) so it is important to make sure they all get some food. I use a syringe to shoot in shrimp where I want them.

If you add a small air wand. (nothing too strong that they can't swim) it will help to mix of the shrimp.

After the first few days of doing this (I recommend feeding ever 6-10 hours.) Their stomachs are very small and if you want them to grow and not get stunted you need to keep them full. What is important to note is cleaning up after feeding. I feed mine then allow them one hour to eat their food whatever is not eaten is sucked out and I do a small water change.

Raising very young fry is lots of work but very rewarding when their fins start to grow and you have tons of baby angel fish swimming around. As they get bigger they will accept crushed up flake foods and after that point they tend to grow very quickly. Keep up on the water quality and they will grow fast!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

angel fish Empty
PostSubject: Re: angel fish   angel fish Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

angel fish
Page 1 of 1