UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Angel Fish..

Go down 
+5
jake
elfwolfe
sschult
TankGirl
istrober
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
istrober
istrober

Favorite Fish: : Africans, Peacocks, Catfish.. pertty much everything that has fins and tail...

Angel Fish.. Empty
PostSubject: Angel Fish..   Angel Fish.. Icon_minitime1/24/2011, 6:34 pm

question for angel fish users, which is the most popular Angel fish or which one is the most sold?

im planning on breeding those to expand my selling...
Back to top Go down
TankGirl
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
TankGirl

Favorite Fish: : Lake Tanganyikan cichlids

Angel Fish.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angel Fish..   Angel Fish.. Icon_minitime1/24/2011, 7:28 pm

When I was breeding I got the most requests for golds, but I had some stunning silvers, with a very strong wild-type appearance, and those got a lot of attention too from people who are wanting to get back to a more natural appearance.

In general, the most dramatic solids and color morphs are going to be more popular, though, for sure.
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Favorite Fish: : Africans, Peacocks, Catfish.. pertty much everything that has fins and tail...

Angel Fish.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angel Fish..   Angel Fish.. Icon_minitime1/24/2011, 7:34 pm

Yeah thats nice, i was looking on the Gold Veil Angels, they seem pretty nice and also the Silver ones..
Back to top Go down
sschult
Sergeant
Sergeant
sschult

Angel Fish.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angel Fish..   Angel Fish.. Icon_minitime1/24/2011, 7:39 pm

Now your cooking with hot grease, a very popular and sought after angel is the Koi angel, beware of fish with hormones and food coloring they fade rather quickly Ill keep my eye out for you if I see something good, remember what I said, garbage in, garbage out be patient my young apprentice, LOL, Angel Fish.. 772341
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Angel Fish.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angel Fish..   Angel Fish.. Icon_minitime1/24/2011, 7:42 pm

Yes those look very good also, any ideas where to get those? i will get a lot of information first before choosing the right mated pair.. Angel Fish.. 393849
Back to top Go down
sschult
Sergeant
Sergeant
sschult

Angel Fish.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angel Fish..   Angel Fish.. Icon_minitime1/24/2011, 7:50 pm

You have two options, you can buy a batch of 6 to 8 young ones, raise them and then you and your family can choose the best ones after they pair up and get wigglers (thank fern for that piece of info) then you can separate them and repeat the process and get a second pair and sell the rest, and get your money back, or you can buy a already proven pair but they are up there in price, like I told you in the meeting I quit on a auction at a 114.00 bucks on a pair, I think the first Idea is the better one they grow pretty quick, but thats up to you, dont forget you sales lady shes is going to be your Ace in the hole.... Angel Fish.. 772341
Back to top Go down

Angel Fish.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angel Fish..   Angel Fish.. Icon_minitime1/24/2011, 7:51 pm

Pearl scale angels are nice looking in my opinion, but I don't know much about angels......
And like I said boardroom has a few nice young ones in right now.
Back to top Go down
elfwolfe
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
elfwolfe

Favorite Fish: : graduating from community fish to aggressive fish (cichlids), but will always have a soft spot for my krbs and betta's.

Angel Fish.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angel Fish..   Angel Fish.. Icon_minitime1/24/2011, 9:36 pm

years ago when I had some, I had a silver (as in solid silver, no other color), 2 black marbled ones, a geen colored one (I have never seen another one like it), 2 gold marbles and one koi. I really loved the colors they all had.

I so miss them, and have been thinking of keeping angels again. Just alot of the ones I like people want to much $$. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
jake
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
jake

Favorite Fish: : cichlids

Angel Fish.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angel Fish..   Angel Fish.. Icon_minitime1/24/2011, 9:51 pm

that penguin's no angel!!!!!
Back to top Go down
elfwolfe
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
elfwolfe

Favorite Fish: : graduating from community fish to aggressive fish (cichlids), but will always have a soft spot for my krbs and betta's.

Angel Fish.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angel Fish..   Angel Fish.. Icon_minitime1/24/2011, 9:53 pm

jake wrote:
that penguin's no angel!!!!!

No, but he discribes one side of me great! lol!
Back to top Go down
Petersmonkey
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Petersmonkey

Favorite Fish: : Angels

Angel Fish.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angel Fish..   Angel Fish.. Icon_minitime1/24/2011, 10:52 pm

Iama have to say pure black ones.... I seen those sell the fastest in Dallas area.... not sure about over there but here, any Dark ones are VERY popular...
Back to top Go down
Elrollo
Major
Major
Elrollo

Favorite Fish: : Blue Acaras...first fish I ever breed still have a soft spot for them

Angel Fish.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angel Fish..   Angel Fish.. Icon_minitime1/24/2011, 11:03 pm

stay away from the smokey angels they do not sell very fast ....platinum pearlscales do well, 1/2 black and full blacks do real well...silvers are hit and miss..I do not see many koi around here but when they show up they usually move...gold marbels usually do well...the blue phantoms...pinoy blues ect. unless you are selling to angel breeder market they are pricey and do not move well
Back to top Go down
scottyofala
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
scottyofala

Favorite Fish: : angels, discus, fronts,plecos,and well i just like them all!!!!!!

Angel Fish.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angel Fish..   Angel Fish.. Icon_minitime1/24/2011, 11:56 pm

best selling angels are the blue plats, then the koi, blacks, then half blacks. then if you want really pricie ones, altoms, i got some of them all. nice but if i were you id just start with the silver. they are more hardy then most. and if you need help with youtank set up ill give you what i have found over the years. just let me know what you need to know.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Who
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Angel Fish.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angel Fish..   Angel Fish.. Icon_minitime1/25/2011, 1:07 am

Zebra Lace Veil Angels sell good because you don't see them alot and they have good color. If you only raise one color you will flood the market. If you raise more than one color you will do the same. You will need to find a market for your offspring. Wholesalers will be interested but will want a regular supply.
Back to top Go down

Angel Fish.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angel Fish..   Angel Fish.. Icon_minitime1/25/2011, 2:43 am

I find blacks don't sell in Richmond but half blacks sell very well.
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Angel Fish.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angel Fish..   Angel Fish.. Icon_minitime1/25/2011, 8:21 am

Thanks el rollo, scott and vixen, i will take your advice..., im still researching to get the right angel specie for me.., Jill talked to me about the pearlscale also they sell it at my LFS, and i really like the gold veil angels..
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Angel Fish.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angel Fish..   Angel Fish.. Icon_minitime1/25/2011, 8:23 am

what do you guys think of this...

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?fwangelfish&1295988002

i wont be getting 6 pack, i will get a good mated pair only...
Back to top Go down

Angel Fish.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angel Fish..   Angel Fish.. Icon_minitime1/25/2011, 8:50 am

They look good to me! Just pick out a pair without any flaws, IE; random blemish marks.
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Angel Fish.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angel Fish..   Angel Fish.. Icon_minitime1/25/2011, 8:51 am

nice good point... Angel Fish.. 393849
Back to top Go down

Angel Fish.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angel Fish..   Angel Fish.. Icon_minitime1/25/2011, 8:58 am

Also look at the fins be sure they are straight.
Back to top Go down

Angel Fish.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angel Fish..   Angel Fish.. Icon_minitime1/25/2011, 8:59 am

Take me with you when you pick em out? I still want to see his setups!
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Angel Fish.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angel Fish..   Angel Fish.. Icon_minitime1/25/2011, 9:28 am

Yes Vixen i will make sure cuz the one he has they are super veil so..., yes Fern i will take you there, you wanna go this week?
Back to top Go down
Elrollo
Major
Major
Elrollo

Favorite Fish: : Blue Acaras...first fish I ever breed still have a soft spot for them

Angel Fish.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angel Fish..   Angel Fish.. Icon_minitime1/25/2011, 9:59 am

Yeah snook has good fish according to pillerox..they look good...super veils get some tall tanks ready and good luck good
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Angel Fish.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angel Fish..   Angel Fish.. Icon_minitime1/25/2011, 12:30 pm

i bought some L038 nugget plecos from him last time and they are doing very good...
Back to top Go down

Angel Fish.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angel Fish..   Angel Fish.. Icon_minitime1/25/2011, 1:57 pm

Ya what day works for you? Any day but today and Friday are good for me just let me know in advance Angel Fish.. 393849
I want to look at his discus anyhow.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Angel Fish.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angel Fish..   Angel Fish.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Angel Fish..
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next