UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Rams Spawning

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SchutzhundJunkie
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
SchutzhundJunkie

Favorite Fish: : I really love the big boys, but I have a place in my heart for all fish. I guess my current favorite is my Chocolate (turning Orange) Oranda.

Rams Spawning Empty
PostSubject: Rams Spawning   Rams Spawning Icon_minitime3/14/2011, 12:35 am

The new German Blue Rams that I got this last week are spawning already. I tried to get the black shark out but I don't want to stress them to much. Should I wait for a few days or get him out right away?

Thanks,

Julie
Back to top Go down
williemcd
Major
Major
williemcd

Favorite Fish: : Angels and hopefully soon Discus

Rams Spawning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rams Spawning   Rams Spawning Icon_minitime3/14/2011, 1:26 am

Why is it that everyone else has these incredibly fortuous occurances! I'm begging to FIND german blue rams and Schultz has em comming out of his ?
lol!
Congrats on the litter! Perhaps some of your off-spring can make their way to my soon to be Dwarf Cichlid tank!
Wtg my friend!
Back to top Go down
SchutzhundJunkie
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
SchutzhundJunkie

Favorite Fish: : I really love the big boys, but I have a place in my heart for all fish. I guess my current favorite is my Chocolate (turning Orange) Oranda.

Rams Spawning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rams Spawning   Rams Spawning Icon_minitime3/14/2011, 9:49 am

Sorry Willie- If it is any consulation I have been looking everywhere and and had only saw a few poor specimens. These guys I found out of town. Can you request them through your lfs? I have 2 places that will order fish.

Female and male are still watching the clutch. It looks like alot but I read often times the first couple of batches don't fare well.

Julie
Back to top Go down
SchutzhundJunkie
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
SchutzhundJunkie

Rams Spawning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rams Spawning   Rams Spawning Icon_minitime3/15/2011, 11:25 am

I am pretty sure the female ate all of her eggs- I can't blame her soley- they are still very small (about 1 inch). My neighbor took one of my females to her male since he is larger/older. They haven't made a love connection yet but they aren't fighting either.

My pair is still in love and picking on my other female so I am going to set up another tank (as a nursery) and eventually I will move the pair in and hopefully they will spawn and then I can pull the adults and raise the fry.

Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

Rams Spawning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rams Spawning   Rams Spawning Icon_minitime3/15/2011, 11:35 am

sorry to hear that. im sure they will try again soon.
Back to top Go down
williemcd
Major
Major
williemcd

Favorite Fish: : Angels and hopefully soon Discus

Rams Spawning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rams Spawning   Rams Spawning Icon_minitime3/15/2011, 1:41 pm

I just did a hardness test on my water... Extremely hard here.. I've got oak leaves in some wood in the water and it's still off the charts. Reading on Rams, to breed.. they prefer ph 4.5 - 5.. and extremely soft water.. I might have to give up my thoughts on breeding them and just enjoy them and the cave dwelling features..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rams Spawning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rams Spawning   Rams Spawning Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rams Spawning
Page 1 of 1