UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Sold as Painted Skirt Tetras

Go down 
+3
Ben
SchutzhundJunkie
Shea
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Shea
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

Sold as Painted Skirt Tetras Empty
PostSubject: Sold as Painted Skirt Tetras   Sold as Painted Skirt Tetras Icon_minitime3/10/2011, 3:56 pm

I brought these home this morning, they have colored up more than what the pics show. I googled images and info & found out they aren't what they were sold to me as. Can't take better pics because the camera batteries died. Can anyone tell me what these are?
Sold as Painted Skirt Tetras 071-1
Sold as Painted Skirt Tetras 057-1
Back to top Go down
SchutzhundJunkie
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
SchutzhundJunkie

Favorite Fish: : I really love the big boys, but I have a place in my heart for all fish. I guess my current favorite is my Chocolate (turning Orange) Oranda.

PostSubject: Re: Sold as Painted Skirt Tetras   Sold as Painted Skirt Tetras Icon_minitime3/10/2011, 4:02 pm

I have seen those before- I used to sell them-

Black Phantom Tetra I believe Sold as Painted Skirt Tetras 393849
Back to top Go down
Shea
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Sold as Painted Skirt Tetras   Sold as Painted Skirt Tetras Icon_minitime3/10/2011, 4:14 pm

Oh thank you, was having a horrible time searching for an id. They are gorgeous and it looks like they are great community fish, hopefully they'll eventually be ok with angelfish. chin
Back to top Go down
SchutzhundJunkie
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
SchutzhundJunkie

Favorite Fish: : I really love the big boys, but I have a place in my heart for all fish. I guess my current favorite is my Chocolate (turning Orange) Oranda.

PostSubject: Re: Sold as Painted Skirt Tetras   Sold as Painted Skirt Tetras Icon_minitime3/10/2011, 5:22 pm

I completely understand- they will probably be fine with Angels. I think most tetras do well in the lower PH more acidic tanks that the South American cichlids thrive in.

I also just bought some mis- marked fish and have only been able to find one blurry picture. I am fairly certain they are Emperor Tetra's- Solid Black Morph but I can't find "JackDidly" on them.

Good luck,

Julie

Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

Favorite Fish: : Venustus and Catfish

PostSubject: Re: Sold as Painted Skirt Tetras   Sold as Painted Skirt Tetras Icon_minitime3/10/2011, 5:29 pm

I agree that they are black phantom tetras. I have some red minor tetras that are very similar to these.
Back to top Go down
cwillis
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
cwillis

Favorite Fish: : all of them that the problem but I do favor the shubunkins.

PostSubject: Re: Sold as Painted Skirt Tetras   Sold as Painted Skirt Tetras Icon_minitime3/10/2011, 7:09 pm

great looking photos. Nice fish and plants....congrats on the new additions!
Back to top Go down
alan j t
Major
Major
alan j t

Favorite Fish: : discus

PostSubject: Re: Sold as Painted Skirt Tetras   Sold as Painted Skirt Tetras Icon_minitime3/11/2011, 11:22 am

i was thinking searpea tetra
Back to top Go down
MarkM
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
MarkM

Favorite Fish: : If it swims and has fins and gills, I like it.

PostSubject: Re: Sold as Painted Skirt Tetras   Sold as Painted Skirt Tetras Icon_minitime3/11/2011, 11:26 am

Black Phantoms
Back to top Go down
williemcd
Major
Major
williemcd

Favorite Fish: : Angels and hopefully soon Discus

PostSubject: Re: Sold as Painted Skirt Tetras   Sold as Painted Skirt Tetras Icon_minitime3/11/2011, 2:06 pm

LOL.. I was going to agree with Alan.. Serpae until Mark said Blacks... so here is a great reference site that makes me think mark is "on the mark".. ohh.. that was completely accidental..

The serpae is on page 2. http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/aquarium-fish-supplies.cfm?c=830+890&s=ts&count=24&start=1&page_num=1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sold as Painted Skirt Tetras   Sold as Painted Skirt Tetras Icon_minitime3/11/2011, 5:36 pm

Just watch them closely with angel as they can be nippers on angels long fins
Back to top Go down
Shea
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Sold as Painted Skirt Tetras   Sold as Painted Skirt Tetras Icon_minitime3/13/2011, 5:36 am

FishVixen wrote:
Just watch them closely with angel as they can be nippers on angels long fins

Ya, they don't seem as timid as I was told. But then that was coming from the person who gave me the wrong id. I might end up having to move them to my husbands loach tank. Glad he likes them too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sold as Painted Skirt Tetras   Sold as Painted Skirt Tetras Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sold as Painted Skirt Tetras
Page 1 of 1